cannastop

Onward | Dan Scanlon directing | March 6, 2020 | Coming to VOD on March 20. Coming to Disney+ April 3

4 hours ago, john2000 said:

pixars trailers in general are not very good

Because most of their movies don't rely on animals talking making stupip faces & grins or easy pop cultural references.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Disbelief 1

17 hours ago, Jonwo said:

TBF the last time they released two films in a year was 2017 but I wonder now Disney has Blue Sky if Pixar will go back to one film a year. Oddly, WDAS in recent years has only two films in a year when they skipped the previous year.

I would not be surprised if Blue Sky ends up being absorbed into WDAS . Studios are always looking for ways to cut administrive overhead, and might decide that keeping Blue Skies around as an independent studio makes no sense.

55 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Is this the first Pixar film to get in the mid 80s on RT? Seems like they're all either high 90s or mid-high 70s.

Well aside from the film that shall not be named Kachow!

The Good Dinosaur and the Cars movies had poor reviews.

On 2/26/2020 at 2:06 PM, dudalb said:

I would not be surprised if Blue Sky ends up being absorbed into WDAS . Studios are always looking for ways to cut administrive overhead, and might decide that keeping Blue Skies around as an independent studio makes no sense.

I thought Blue Skies new objective was creating content for Disney +

It would suck if the box office was low for this but in a way it's all the better for me because I'm looking forward to it and going to see a an animated film is always a nuisance for me because of all the kids. If parents are avoiding taking their kids to the theatre, great for me!

But again, bad for the box office.

• Like 1

Certified Fresh at 83%, 7.2 average from 87 reviews. Top Critics isn’t looking good at 56%, 6.44 average from 18 reviews.

Metacritic is sorta just there at 63 from 27 reviews, Critics Choice is at 79 (same as Monsters University)

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, TMP said:

How's this certified with only 87 reviews? So many movies don't get certified until 150+ reviews

That's usually for movies on the 75% bubble, those with lower averages  or ones that are fluctuating a lot

Now back up to 85%

7.22/10  Avg rating

77 rated Fresh / 14 rated Rotten