cannastop

Onward | Dan Scanlon directing | March 6, 2020 | Coming to VOD on March 20. Coming to Disney+ April 3

39 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Agreed. That comment is The Lost City of Z erasure.

I haven’t seen it unfortunately.

Though I stand by that he was better in Onward as well as the movie being better than the MCU Spider-Man films and Spies in Disguise.

13 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

This is the first Tom Holland movie that he was actually good in. I loved Onward, it’s derivative, sort of meanders and slow at first but it gets going hard, has excellent voice work, and a strong heart and personally one of Pixar’s best tearjerker moments. It might be in my top 10 Pixar, competing with Wall-E, TS4 and Cars 3.

Tom Holland was very good in The Imposible.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 3

We Really Loved this film! Beautiful and Touching and very sentimental to me and brother who lost our dad 20 years in January at young age. Here's Our Movie Review Guys! We did film It outdoors with our new camcorder and Handheld mic. There's A Huge Difference in Sound and Picture quality! Hope y'all like it! :) 

• Like 3

Loved the hell out of this. I lost my aunt a couple months ago, and this really does tackle all the conflicting and confusing emotions that come with it, along with some hilarious voice acting (Chris Pratt himbo is the best Chris Pratt). Shame that the death disease is gonna force people to wait until Disney+ to see it

• Like 5

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

The days when just being a Pixar film guaranteed big box office are long gone.

i dont remember that this applied to pixar though as if you see its not like pixar movies have big big weeekends, almost all of them are depending on legs, this is why you see crazy legs most of the time

ps original

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, john2000 said:

i dont remember that this applied to pixar though as if you see its not like pixar movies have big big weeekends, almost all of them are depending on legs, this is why you see crazy legs most of the time

The biggest animated opening weekend of all time isn't a big opening? How about Toy Story 4, Finding Dory, and Inside Out? Even Coco and Cars 3 had ok openings.

14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The biggest animated opening weekend of all time isn't a big opening? How about Toy Story 4, Finding Dory, and Inside Out? Even Coco and Cars 3 had ok openings.

correction i am talking about the original movies not sequels , the pixar original/walt disney animation have weekend in 50-70 , and while 70 is big, it doesnt scream big brand , even though pixar brand helped the weekend, i doubt that it had big impact anyway, as almost all of pixar/walt disney animation movie are based way more from legs, again i am talking about original

ps this comment is not trying to  make  the very likely underperformance of onward better though

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

This was well done and just a smidge below being top tier Pixar I'd say (needed to be a little less derivative for that). But it hits the emotional beats with real heart. Definitely preferred it to any of the Pixar sequels of recent years, and it's much better than mid grade stuff like Brave, Cars, MU, etc. I'd say second favorite among post TS3 Pixar. Nowhere near Coco level (i.e. perfection), but as close as they've come to their prime besides Coco (don't @ me with Inside Out, it remains insanely overrated). 

• Thanks 1

Wouldn't be a new Pixar movie without new rankings

1. Coco

2. Toy Story 3

3. Wall-E

4. Ratatouille

5. The Incredibles

6. Toy Story 2

7. Finding Nemo

8. Up

9. Monsters Inc

10. Toy Story

11. Onward

12. Incredibles 2

13. Finding Dory

14. Inside Out

15. The Good Dinosaur

16. Toy Story 4

17. Monsters University

18. A Bug's Life

19. Brave

20. Cars

21. Cars 3

22. Cars 2

• Like 2

Heh, might as well put out my updated one as well.

1. Inside Out
  2. WALL-E
  3. Coco
  4. Ratatouille
  5. Toy Story 3
  6. The Incredibles
  7. Up
  8. Toy Story
  9. Monsters, Inc.
  10. Toy Story 4
  11. Finding Nemo
  12. Onward