cannastop

Onward | Dan Scanlon directing | March 6, 2020 | Coming to VOD on March 20. Coming to Disney+ April 3

I think whatever happens this is going to be a summer release and the other 2020 movie is getting moved back. Pixar's brand appeal isn't an automatic anymore and they may not want to take chances with a non-traditional release even if it's ultimately irrelevant. 

Post-Good Dinosaur this is probably going to be their first release where they really have to nail the marketing for the GA. Movie bloggers are inevitably going to be crapping on the trailers and with the director of Monsters University helming they won't have the benefit of the doubt that comes with the director of Toy Story 3 making Coco.

Edited by tribefan695

22 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I think whatever happens this is going to be a summer release and the other 2020 movie is getting moved back. Pixar's brand appeal isn't an automatic anymore and they may not want to take chances with a non-traditional release even if it's ultimately irrelevant. 

I assume if the March 2020 movie moves back, Disney will just put a live action fairytale in its place

According to Scanlon, who lost his father at a very young age, the film is inspired by the question he’s always asked: who was my father? The story is set in a world with no humans—only elves, trolls and sprites—“anything that would be on the side of a van in the ’70s,” said the director. “In the film, we’re going to tell the story of two teenage elf brothers whose father died when they were too young to remember him. But thanks to the little magic still left in the world, the boys embark on a quest that will allow them a chance to spend one last magical day with their father.”

In the film, unicorns are so common that they’re considered pests, and concept art of them eating garbage on the streets was shown.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/869203-untitled-suburban-fantasy-pixar-movie-announced#CVk1YsuMRZjkcC4z.99

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Morieris said:

....I wonder if this is retooled King of the Elves.

Either way I am totally here for it. Pity Pixar doesn't do adaptations, I half expected this to be putting the book Faerie Wars to screen.

It would be odd imo if Pixar took WDAS project (even though kind of interesting idea). But Pixar does not adaptations in the first place and urban fantasy isnt that difficult concept to think anyway. I have actually wanted Pixar to do this kind of premise. Another one I gave though they should do is time-travel concept which migt fit Pixar even more I think.

8 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

According to Scanlon, who lost his father at a very young age, the film is inspired by the question he’s always asked: who was my father?

The best films are personal in some way. I think Dan Scanlon will connect to this project better than he connected to Monsters University, and that the connection will lead to a better film.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bemused Usher said:

BRAVE - female

MONSTERS UNIVERSITY - male

FROZEN - female

BIG HERO - male

INSIDE OUT - female

GOOD DINO - male

ZOOTOPIA - female

DORY - female

MOANA - female

CARS 3 - male

COCO - male

INCREDIBLES 2 - female

RALPH 2 - male

TOY STORY 4 - male

FROZEN 2 - female

ELF HEIGHTS - male

Even Stevens.

I see you sneaking in those non Pixar films. 

& yeah, my feelings didn't change because you made a list.