Jump to content
cannastop

Onward | Dan Scanlon directing | March 6, 2020

Recommended Posts

Looks cute

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a Dreaworks movie presented with a Pixar-Trailer. 

 

 

Feels kind of weird to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, nice HQ version.

 

....Tom sounds weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DAJK said:

Looks fun, but I can tell this movie is going to be a deep look at sibling relationships, maybe even at relationships kids have with their parents. 

They are going on an adventure to rediscover magic so they can spend just one day with their father who died when they were to young to remember him.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving it so far. Here's hoping for another Zootopia-sized hit in March.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how the past 3 Pixar movies have either been "sequels" or "dead relatives". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this looks like a fun little film that can connect with people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slambros said:

I think this looks like a fun little film that can connect with people.

That little film could turn out to be "not so little" at the box office ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Poseidon said:

This is a Dreaworks movie presented with a Pixar-Trailer. 

 

 

Feels kind of weird to me. 

Doesn’t look anything like DWA to me. If anything, it’s a bit reminiscent of WDAS, definitely got some Zootopia vibes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Morieris said:

I like how the past 3 Pixar movies have either been "sequels" or "dead relatives". 

That's WDAS too right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It looks... fine? It's basically Zootopia with fantasy creatures. The humor comes mostly from the core concept of fantasy creatures doing contemporary things, not so much.... Chris Pratt's weird accent. Although I presume that accent is fake even in the movie. But regardless, that's not necessarily a bad thing, though, as this was a funny trailer. The unicorns at the end were probably the more amusing parts, they got a nice laugh out of me. Ultimately, it looks cute and fine, but it does remind me more of a WDAS movie, or dare I say DreamWorks, than it does Pixar proper. Even in the animation style, which felt a lot faster than normal for Pixar movies.

 

That being said, the trailer was funny, the cast is very appealing, the concept sounds pretty cool.... it has all the tools for success.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 5:29 AM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Love it already, if this strikes a chord, I think it can become the biggest film of 2020.

 

The f*ck??

 

This is just some third tier Pixar, man - pls don't start the "Pika and Godzilla will rule over all" bullsh!t for next year so early...

 

That said - it looks way better for the Shay than most Pixars this side of Brave. Even if it is disgustingly American-centric again (a terrible recurring sin of Pixar) - at least this time the nauseatingly gooey "life-lessons" for slowpokes will be dressed in a supposedly beautiful and funny fantasy world*, so that I could at least have something to look at. Which I can NOT do with Toy Story 18, because it is stupid dressed in ugly. Nothing to see there.

 

* the unicorns were truly hilarious :)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting Brave vibes in terms of eventual performance and reception.

  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Onward will join Avatar, Titanic and Zootopia in the "original screenplays making $1 billion" club.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 11:15 PM, shayhiri said:

 

The f*ck??

 

This is just some third tier Pixar, man - pls don't start the "Pika and Godzilla will rule over all" bullsh!t for next year so early...

 

That said - it looks way better for the Shay than most Pixars this side of Brave. Even if it is disgustingly American-centric again (a terrible recurring sin of Pixar) - at least this time the nauseatingly gooey "life-lessons" for slowpokes will be dressed in a supposedly beautiful and funny fantasy world*, so that I could at least have something to look at. Which I can NOT do with Toy Story 18, because it is stupid dressed in ugly. Nothing to see there.

 

* the unicorns were truly hilarious :)

I never said Godzilla would rule the year or anything close to that. I may have had a club for Godzilla over Aladdin but don’t say stuff that isn’t true.

 

Now Pikachu is fair game but that was more bold for he sake of boldness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I wonder if Onward will join Avatar, Titanic and Zootopia in the "original screenplays making $1 billion" club.

It would have to do extraordinarily well somewhere though. Europe? Asia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

It would have to do extraordinarily well somewhere though. Europe? Asia?

China could work if the family stuff really connects like Coco did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.