Jump to content
cannastop

Onward | Dan Scanlon directing | March 6, 2020

Recommended Posts

Echoing some folks here that the animation style gave me Dreamworks vibe. Not in a bad way though. 

 

Doesn’t look that interesting to me thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

China could work if the family stuff really connects like Coco did.

I sure hope they researched their Confucianism then. Elder brother to younger brother.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I dunno if I trust that.

Me neither but it's regurgitating what has been rumoured before.

Also thinking Monster Uni numbers for this

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there are 2 Pixar movies scheduled for 2020 in BOM (Onward in March, and a second one in 19th June from which we know nothing so far). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AliasJester said:

https://animationinsider1.blogspot.com/2019/06/upcoming-disneypixar-movies-revealed.html

 

Bit off topic, but this comfirms that Disney and Pixar are releasing new movies in 2020, Soul and Dragon Empire

 

Sounds like horseshit because CGI movies take at least 3 years to make, and according to this numbskull, the script isn't even finished but it'll release next year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BK007 said:

 

Sounds like horseshit because CGI movies take at least 3 years to make, and according to this numbskull, the script isn't even finished but it'll release next year. 

 

Yeah. The thing I suggest is to wait until the D23 conference, which is right around the corner, to see for ourselves what they announce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dragon Empire has been talked about for a couple of years so that is likely. "Souls" was mentioned in a French site a while back but without a single detail or cast mention, I question it. But Disney's slate is SO weak next year that I find it hard to believe they will have one animated in March and none other until November.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BK007 said:

 

Sounds like horseshit because CGI movies take at least 3 years to make, and according to this numbskull, the script isn't even finished but it'll release next year. 

From what I understand the animation itself takes less than a year. Just what I heard about Moana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Dragon Empire has been talked about for a couple of years so that is likely. "Souls" was mentioned in a French site a while back but without a single detail or cast mention, I question it. But Disney's slate is SO weak next year that I find it hard to believe they will have one animated in March and none other until November.

Where did Dragon Empire come from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Dragon Empire has been talked about for a couple of years so that is likely. "Souls" was mentioned in a French site a while back but without a single detail or cast mention, I question it. But Disney's slate is SO weak next year that I find it hard to believe they will have one animated in March and none other until November.

Imdb says Pete Doctor's Pixar film will release in 2021 so if Souls is real, that thing will release in 2021, not 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Dragon Empire has been talked about for a couple of years so that is likely. "Souls" was mentioned in a French site a while back but without a single detail or cast mention, I question it. But Disney's slate is SO weak next year that I find it hard to believe they will have one animated in March and none other until November.

If Pixar’s summer film doesn’t happen, I recommend either they move Locksmith’s Ron Gone Wrong as I imagine they’d want to move away from The Eternals. Or let something like Scoob or Mitchells vs Machines have the spot. 

 

Or Dragon Empire In Summer and Pixar in Thanksgiving 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Dragon Empire isn't happening until 2021 at the very least.... otherwise, they would have actually slated it for next Thanksgiving by now. And to be very honest, I think the likelihood of that June 2020 Pixar movie happening is very slim as well, because we're a year off from it and we haven't heard anything from it. Every Pixar project in the last couple of years has had years worth of information out in advance. The 2021 movie is already announced as directed by Pete Docter, Onward was known to be a fantasy film directed by Dan Scanlon, etc.. There's no information for this at all, on the other hand.

 

I feel like Disney will smartly move Call Of The Wild to that June spot instead, so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of the family competition before and after it (Peter Rabbit 2, Onward and Mulan, in particular). While Ron's Gone Wrong will get the Thanksgiving push and probably be heavily promoted as a debut feature for Locksmith, with Disney crossing fingers that it turns into yet another major animation division for them (which would make it four, after WDAS, Pixar and Blue Sky).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think both are coming though. It wouldn’t be the first time an animated movie is fully announced so late. For all we known, they are heavily in production.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I don't think Dragon Empire isn't happening until 2021 at the very least.... otherwise, they would have actually slated it for next Thanksgiving by now. And to be very honest, I think the likelihood of that June 2020 Pixar movie happening is very slim as well, because we're a year off from it and we haven't heard anything from it. Every Pixar project in the last couple of years has had years worth of information out in advance. The 2021 movie is already announced as directed by Pete Docter, Onward was known to be a fantasy film directed by Dan Scanlon, etc.. There's no information for this at all, on the other hand.

 

I feel like Disney will smartly move Call Of The Wild to that June spot instead, so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of the family competition before and after it (Peter Rabbit 2, Onward and Mulan, in particular). While Ron's Gone Wrong will get the Thanksgiving push and probably be heavily promoted as a debut feature for Locksmith, with Disney crossing fingers that it turns into yet another major animation division for them (which would make it four, after WDAS, Pixar and Blue Sky).

Either that or move Mulan to mid June or Thanksgiving for some flexing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I still think both are coming though. It wouldn’t be the first time an animated movie is fully announced so late. For all we known, they are heavily in production.

 

 

It would be for Pixar, though I guess there's also still the Untitled Marvel film in May. Possible Disney has decided to downsize their marketing budgets. There probably isn't a real need to announce juicy details yet beyond adhering to a perceived status quo. 

 

 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I still think both are coming though. It wouldn’t be the first time an animated movie is fully announced so late. For all we known, they are heavily in production.

Maybe not any animated movie, but definitely a Pixar movie. I think Onward might actually have been the most "on-the-nose" Pixar movie yet presented, and it was still publically presented three years before release. Pixar's technology is too state-of-the-art and their brand is too massive for them not to take well at least two years worth of distance between original announcement and release. If nothing comes out of D23, it's not happening.

11 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Either that or move Mulan to mid June or Thanksgiving for some flexing.

I was thinking what could be done with Mulan too, but more because Onward is already taking up the family audience in March. However, I feel like the June and Thanksgiving spots are better handed to those movies I mentioned, since they probably need them more. Call Of The Wild is viciously surrounded by competition where it is atm, and Ron's Gone Wrong needs a massive marketing push + good release date to not be a bomb right out of the gate (and then wom will do the rest). I'd push Mulan to the 1st weekend of August, and then The One And Only Ivan to Disney's current October 9 spot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AliasJester said:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/disney-pixar-movie-soul-2020-summer-release-date-1203247534/

 

I think the fact that Pixar has already confirmed the movie Soul pretty much says a lot of the validity of the author in the blogspot and that Dragon Empire WILL come out on November 25 2020

Getting 3 original animation properties from the two Disney studios next year is going the major highlight of an otherwise relatively dull year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.