cannastop

Onward | Dan Scanlon directing | March 6, 2020 | Coming to VOD on March 20. Coming to Disney+ April 3

4 hours ago, Morieris said:

I really do like the concept, "Modern Magical" is something I like, but for now I'm just so indifferent to us following the story of more male characters.

WDAS is here to balance it so it's ok, and The Incredibles 2 will have 2 female characters among the leads.

You could certainly do worse than a 6-4 split, but yeah, it would be nice to have more good female driven movies from the major studios.

Tbh, while I see the potential in the premise, I think the only thing that will get me excited for this is reviews. I know how it goes with Pixar films before their release and the internet now and it's not something I really enjoy anymore. With only an unremarkable sequel to his name Scanlon still has to prove to he has vintage Pixar storytelling chops.

• Like 1

https://skylershuler.blogspot.com/2018/11/exclusive-pixar-announces-brand-new.html

After the long awaited Toy Story 4, Disney/Pixar will be returning to create an all new and original film called 'Onward' which is described as a “suburban fantasy adventure”.

We have learned that the film is currently in production and will be released on June 19, 2020. It is currently casting actors for the lead roles as brothers, among other unknown characters at this time.

DISCLAIMER: The author here has gotten insider access to Disney in the past, and I believe a few rumors he has started ended up being true. But of course, please take this whole thing with a grain of salt, as this is all just rumors.

Edited by KP1025

Great voice cast. Interesting idea, too, but the director doesn't give me the greatest of hopes (he did Monsters University, which was alright, but nothing all that special.... then again, MU was one of the most unasked for Pixar films to date, so it would always be hard to turn that idea into a particularly great film tbh).

27 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Gotta say that 2020 sounds like a rather unusual year for Disney when it comes to theatrical releases:

Mulan remake

Black Widow

Eternals

Gambit(?)

Dragon Empire

Onward

Maleficent II

Jungle Cruise

And still a bunch of unannounced stuff left to go.

Hey, when it comes to films, bring on the unusual. Bring on the unorthodox. I'll always prefer fresh, new, and unique cinematic experiences over the same old, same old. Very exciting to see Disney, of all companies, have what can be regarded as an 'unusual' year.

16 hours ago, Slambros said:

Hey, when it comes to films, bring on the unusual. Bring on the unorthodox. I'll always prefer fresh, new, and unique cinematic experiences over the same old, same old. Very exciting to see Disney, of all companies, have what can be regarded as an 'unusual' year.

Hey, I never said unusual was bad per say. Even if there are some movies in that list I really don't care about (Maleficent II in specific), and deep down it's all just blockbusters still. I guess "low-key" is probably the more adequate word.

14 hours ago, Morieris said:

...... I missed something, what is this bc I may be all about it.

It's the WDAS movie scheduled for Thanksgiving 2020.

• Like 2