Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (Chapter Two) : APES:$5.79M | SMH:$5.46M | DM3 2.6M | BD 1.2M | WW: 875k

20 minutes ago, YourMother said:

$5.45M

$7M (+28%)

$4.9M (-30%)

$4.4M (-11%) [22 mon-thu]

$6.16M (+40%)

$8M (+30%)

$6M (-25%)

$20.16M (-54.4%)

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

5.5M

7.2M (+30%)

5M (-30%)

4.5M (-10%) [22 mon-thu]

That's assuming it can stabilize a bit. If it follows last week:

5.5M

6.8M

4.5M

4M [21 mon-thu]

I'll meet in the middle and go with 21M [and 20.5 mon-thu in the middle]

Mon-Thu and 3rd weekend numbers from both of you (in bold) are enough to give Spidey around 249-249.5 by the weekend.

After a 44.2 weekend it will have added 41.5-42 over the next 7 days using your figures. That's how great July weekdays work.

Post Dunkirk legs should stabilize. If not, then even with bad drops it will add 40-45 more after the 3rd weekend for 290-295. But considering there are no biggies after Dunkirk, Labor Day weekend will give a boost, positive reception....300+ will happen imo.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

Just now, John Marston said:

Wow. Terrible drop for Apes

It's a coin flip if Spidey beats it for a day this week...Apes may definitely be looking at the faster showings/screens drop if it doesn't settle...

Power Rangers had similar ticket deals that Apes did and opened well for its opening weekend (2 weeks of BOGOs and then a ridiculous cheap Tuesday deal)...and then fell off a cliff...I don't think Apes will fall off a cliff, but big direct competition plus 3rd movie plus no ticket deals is not good for it...

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Dunkirk and Girls Trip are definitely locked for first and second. I'm starting to think Valerian might be able to squeak into 4th.

Dunkirk, Valerian, Girls trip, Apes, Spidey ....

• Like 1

Just now, Subzero said:

I don't see how Valerian gets to second unless Girls Trip is insanely presale heavy. It's already on Pulse (or was on it yesterday and this morning) when Valerian isn't.

• Like 4

Just now, Subzero said:

If I was betting, I'd change that to...

Dunkirk

Girls Trip

Spidey

Apes

Valerian

Valerian offered ANOTHER ticket deal today ($5/off), so this is the 2nd big deal just for it...I don't think the 1st one helped presales that much and it's getting pinched for screens/showings since it's not preselling...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't see how Valerian gets to second unless Girls Trip is insanely presale heavy. It's already on Pulse (or was on it yesterday and this morning) when Valerian isn't.

Im betting more walkup and WOM for Valerian...

• Like 2

Midsize theaters that are putting Valerian on two screens must be regretting it hard right now. My theater can't even convert any 2D showings to 3D because pretty much every show that's up has sold something on Friday.

Guessing Apes together... weren't strong. (YEAH! (CSI Miami music plays))

Anyways to the predictions for the weekend:

Valerian: $176M OW (+$2M more than Beast, eh @That One Guy) - but jk of course

Dunkirk: $45M

Girls Trip: $30M

Apes/Valerian: $25M

Valerian/Apes: $25M

SMH/ $20M

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The problem with the Lego movies is that they aren't doing that great worldwide. I mean Lego Batman did very poorly overseas.

They're extremely cheap to produce compared to most animated films at least.

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

WAG has access to a major library of Hanna-Barbera toons. They need to dust them off the shelves and get really funky with modernizing them.

@YourMother may be right about the June 2018 animation being DC Superhero Girls. Maybe a prequel movie to kick-off the animated series from the My Little Pony creator. 

A Space Ghost animated film could actually be pretty good if it back the character back to his original routes.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Midsize theaters that are putting Valerian on two screens must be regretting it hard right now. My theater can't even convert any 2D showings to 3D because pretty much every show that's up has sold something on Friday.

Yeah, and you all make fun of my locals "1 screen for new concept" policy...they each have only 4 and 5 showings per day for Valerian...and those are not selling...

Funny thing about Girls Trip - that's gonna be a night movie b/c there are zero tickets sold Fri/Sat before 6pm at my locals...and then practically sell outs after...I think it's gonna take extra showings from DM3 for the evenings...but I'll see as they post full schedules (one already grabbed a 2nd 10pm showing from a TBD movie:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

Spider-Man had exactly the same percentage drop from last weekend. What does that mean for this weekend? Another 60+ drop? How do these things correlate? I cannot wait to take my son to see future Spider-Man movies. If there is an animated version, like some have said, then that would be great. Lego Batman ran a little long and he started to get restless. 

• Like 2