lolifofo

POLL: Best Animated Movie of the Decade So Far

Best Animated Movie from 2010-2017  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best animated movie of the decade so far?

• Toy Story 3
    • How to Train Your Dragon
    • Tangled
    • Rango
    • Wreck-it Ralph
    • ParaNorman
    • Frozen
    • The Wind Rises
    • How to Train Your Dragon 2
    • The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
    • Big Hero 6
    • The Lego Movie
    • Song of the Sea
    • Inside Out
    • Zootopia
    • Moana
    • Kubo and the Two Strings
    • Finding Dory
    • Your Name
    • The Secret World of Arrietty
    • From Up on Poppy Hill
    • Kung Fu Panda 2
    • Arthur Christmas
    • The Adventures of Tintin
    • Wolf Children
    • Ernest & Celestine
    • When Marnie was There
    • Coco
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2018 at 04:59 AM

Pretty straightforward poll. I'm sorry if I missed some important ones. That's why the "other" option exists. Overall I've really enjoyed this decade in animation so far; it's probably the best yet. So much content diversity and studios entering the scene, not the mention the visuals generally getting better year after year. I believe the next 3 years will actually be the strongest thus far, but for now, let's muse on what the last seven years have given us in animation.

Also, if you voted "other," kindly share with us your pick in the comments. 

Edited by lolifofo

Update: I added 10 new choices to the bottom of the poll. Seems I was missing some good ones!

1. The Secret World of Arrietty

2. From Up on Poppy Hill

3. Kung Fu Panda 2

4. Arthur Christmas

5. The Adventures of Tintin

6. Wolf Children

7. Ernest & Celestine

8. When Marnie was There

9. Anomalisa

10. Kung Fu Panda 3

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

Such a hard choice  - it's been a brilliant decade so far for animation -  Song Of The Sea, The Wind Rises, The Little Prince (not listed), Zootopia, Moana, Inside Out, Toy Story 3 , Arthur Christmas , Kubo, Cloudy, Boy & The Beast, WIR, Tangled etc

• Like 2

Wow, I didn't think The Tale of the Princess Kaguya was this beloved and/or popular. Admittedly, I haven't seen it yet, but I included it because my friend is obsessed with it plus the little thing that has to do with having a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Guess I should get to seeing it asap then! 

24 minutes ago, lolifofo said:

Wow, I didn't think The Tale of the Princess Kaguya was this beloved and/or popular. Admittedly, I haven't seen it yet, but I included it because my friend is obsessed with it plus the little thing that has to do with having a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Guess I should get to seeing it asap then! 

It's the only Ghibli movie I own on blu ray and it's not even my favorite one (It's second. The first one, that's Kiki). It's a really nice look at humanity and life....now I want to watch it again......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theresam said:

Of the decade?  In my opinion, it's "Up", which came out in 2009.  I still cry every time I see it.  

I actually meant the current decade starting with 2010, so Up doesn't count, but it's definitely an amazing movie! It always moves me to tears too!

I had to double-check if it counts as "this decade" (February 6, 2010) but The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is my top animated movie of the decade, although it's definitely not a self-contained movie and requires extensive knowledge of the existing Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya characters to fully appreciate.

For self-contained movies, possibly Frozen even if it's probably an unpopular movie to still admit to liking, though I really need to see Your Name and In This Corner of the World again soon.