Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

1 hour ago, SLAM! said:

Megalo Box is the only film currently on NJP's Y7 slate that the distributor wants to release in IMAX. They are eyeing November 17th. NJP does not believe this film and A Smidge Too Human will eat into each others' audience, despite both films incorporating science fiction elements.

What is this about? Asking for a friend.

41 minutes ago, cookie said:

What is this about? Asking for a friend.

The film takes place in a futuristic setting where licensed citizens live in a wealthy city while, on the outskirts of this city, there is a slum town where unlicensed citizens live. Megalo Boxing is a popular sport in this world similar to boxing, except the boxers fight while wearing a metal frame which makes their attacks much more lethal. A young, nameless boxer (Luke Pasqualino) and his coach (Cedric Kyles) illegally enter the inner city Megalonia boxing tournament after the boxer's chance meeting with the #1 fighter Yuri (Nicholas Hoult). The film exists in the intersection of Rocky and Real Steel, with a grainy hip-hop flair mixed in.

2 hours ago, SLAM! said:

Is Epsilon going to be rated R again? I'm planning for Prince Chrom to be a hard-ish PG.

Knowing how it went for other franchises that watered down from an R to PG-13 (Terminator, Expendables, Die Hard, Robocop etc.) I think it's for the best that Epsilon stays R.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

I think we might as well open the Advance Schedule thread for IMAX reservations in the next few days if everyone is trying to stake out dates.

IMAX only.

Furthermore, to avoid a rush to post, I propose this:

One person is designated to post the AS thread. Everyone PMs that person their IMAX dates. That person then posts the thread with those dates all incorporated simultaneously, taking into account the sequel deference rule. 

If two non-deferred films tie for IMAX or overlap for IMAX, that is up to those posters to sort out.

I think this works better than someone getting dates simply because they were first to post.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, cookie said:

Knowing how it went for other franchises that watered down from an R to PG-13 (Terminator, Expendables, Die Hard, Robocop etc.) I think it's for the best that Epsilon stays R.

If anything, Union of Thieves will be tame compared to what I have in store.

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

IMAX only.

Furthermore, to avoid a rush to post, I propose this:

One person is designated to post the AS thread. Everyone PMs that person their IMAX dates. That person then posts the thread with those dates all incorporated simultaneously, taking into account the sequel deference rule. 

If two non-deferred films tie for IMAX or overlap for IMAX, that is up to those posters to sort out.

I think this works better than someone getting dates simply because they were first to post.

Again I’d be more than happy to volunteer for the duty.

Personally I believe the Advanced Schedule should be done either by whomever does Part 1 for the Year, or whomever does the Year's actuals, to keep each year from having too many cooks (likewise the CC/Metacritic threads should probably be run by whomever is doing the Oscars that Year).

49 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Personally I believe the Advanced Schedule should be done either by whomever does Part 1 for the Year, or whomever does the Year's actuals, to keep each year from having too many cooks (likewise the CC/Metacritic threads should probably be run by whomever is doing the Oscars that Year).

I can volunteer to do it in that case, even if I sent my list to YM weeks ago lol

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

S  P  A  R  K

The Infinite Collection

One of the biggest sagas in contemporary film arrives in Home Video in a stunning, exciting way. Streeting on November 22nd, Y6 (roughly five months after A Hero's Promise was available on home video on June 14th, Y6), Spark: The Infinite Collection is the ultimate home video release of the entire saga and won't disappoint fans of the saga.

The 7-disc set (available in Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and 4K UHD) will include all four movies as well as over 30 hours of bonus material. It also includes a collectible art and behind the scenes book and an exclusive set of two posters, all in a sustainably made package with recycled materials.

DISC 1: SPARK: RISING (PG-13, 141 Minutes)

• Commentary from Matt and Ross Duffer, Alison Tatlock, Sasha Lane and Charlie Heaton
  • Commentary from Aubrey Plaza (in character as Aera)

DISC 2: SPARK: HOMEWARD (PG-13, 152 Minutes)

• The Gyllenhaal Cut: Experience the never-before-seen - and deeply controversial - initial cut of the film.
  • Commentary from F. Gary Gray, Alison Tatlock, Sasha Lane and Charlie Heaton

DISC 3: SPARK: BEYOND THE SKY (PG-13, 148 Minutes)

• Commentary from Jennifer Yuh Nelson, Alison Tatlock, Sasha Lane, Olivia Cooke, and Charlie Heaton

DISC 4: SPARK: A HERO'S PROMISE (PG-13, 183 Minutes)

• Commentary from Jennifer Yuh Nelson, Alison Tatlock, The Duffer Brothers, Sasha Lane, Olivia Cooke, and Charlie Heaton

DISC 5: BEYOND THE SAGA

• Aera Rising: The complete five-hour miniseries released on Netflix in Spring Y4. Featuring the voices of Aubrey Plaza, Elizabeth Debicki, John Cena, Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig, and Lil' Rel Howery
  • Before the Promise: A series of animated short films chronicling the lives of the new characters introduced in A Hero's Promise. These were shown on Cartoon Network before the release of the film.
  • A World of Infinite Possibility: A collection of fan-made films, animations, and more from fans of the Spark saga across the globe, including commentaries and interviews with said creators.

DISC 6: THE SPARK ARCHIVES: REWRITING THE STARS

• A vast, expansive set of behind the scenes features, chronicling the adventures of each film from their conception to their world premiere and the impact it has had on the filmmakers and world itself. Experience countless hours of behind the scenes features, including mini documentaries, interviews, and more for each film.
  • Experience the music and songs of Spark with a series of music videos and concert footage from Thomas Newman. Also enjoy an unprecedented light and sound show using the entirety of Newman's score for the film.

DISC 7: THE SPARK ARCHIVES: A WORLD UNFADED

• With this disc, viewers can dive deeper into the world of Spark with massive galleries and mini documentaries on the building of a seemingly endless array of alien species and world, diving in great detail on how they were created. Here, you will see a comprehensive dive into the full lore of this world.
  • Also, sit down with the filmmakers and academic experts across the globe to discuss the themes that appear throughout the saga, from inequality to imperialism. This is a chance to take a closer look at the saga in a new and philosophical manner.

Spark: The Infinite Collection makes a perfect Holiday gift for the biggest Spark fans in your life.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1