Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

@CayomMagazine

Toy Story 4 director Josh Cooley walks onto the stage.

"We are officially announcing a cinematic adaption of the Rare video game Banjo-Kazooie. Freddie Highmore will voice Banjo, and Beanie Feldstein will voice Kazooie. The film's art style will be inspired by late-90s aesthetics. Grant Kirkhope will be providing the score. That's all we can share for now."

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 4

@CayomMagazine

J.D. Dillard (director of Sleight and Sweetheart) walks onstage.

"We are proud to officially announce that New Journey Pictures' adaptation of Megalo Box will be releasing in Y7.  Luke Pasqualino (Snowpiercer) will play Joe."

After that, Neil Marshall (director of Dog Soldiers and The Descent) walks onstage.

"We are proud to officially announce that New Journey Pictures' adaptation of Bayonetta will be releasing in Y7. Rebecca Ferguson (Mission Impossible: Fallout) will play the titular character."

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

@CayomMagazine

New Journey Pictures walks onstage and tells the audience that the're saving the reveal of original films for another time. But, speaking of original films, there's one more thing they have to share.

Nacho Vigalondo (director of Colossal) comes onstage.

"Fiesta Loca is a project that I'm very happy to have worked on. It is an honor to direct a film with a hispanic-majority cast and crew. We have a clip to share from the film. Please enjoy."

Spoiler

The cast of the scene:

• Jake T. Austin as Felix
  • Antonio Banderas as Agustín
  • Daniel Zolghadri as Leon
  • Cierra Ramirez as Bianca
  • Michael Pena as (redacted--you'll find out when you read the scene)

Spoiler

We cut to a black screen—then the eyes of Felix’s POV shot are opened. He is staring up at the ceiling fan.

Felix: Wha… Why am I standing… Wasn’t I…

He stares down towards his bed and sees his idle body.

Felix: …That’s me! Why am I…

He looks down at his hands and sees that he has become a skeleton.

Felix: You’ve gotta be kidding me!

He looks around the room, finds a mirror, and stares into it—giving the audience the full image of Felix as a skeleton spirit. The skeleton wears the same hair and the same clothes as Felix’s human body—so it’s Felix, but in skeleton form.

We cut from the POV to Leon and Bianca barging to the room with the intention of fooling around. They pause as they look down at Felix’s body.

Felix: Leon, it’s me!

Leon and Bianca walk towards the body on the bed. Felix attempts to run up to Leon, but their bodies walk through each other. Felix reacts in confusion.

Bianca: Why’s there someone on the bed?

Leon: Er… Well… Um… He’s probably asleep! But if we put him under the bed where nobody sees, the bed’s all ours!

Bianca: Why under the bed?

Leon: Think about it. He gets a private place to sleep, and we get a place to get our groove on. It’s a win-win.

Bianca: Okay! If you say so!

The couple places the body under the bed as Felix stares in horror. Once they’re done, Leon reaches into Felix’s jean pocket, grabs Felix’s keys, and tosses them to Bianca.

Leon: Put them somewhere where they won’t be stolen. For safekeeping. Then come back, and we’ll have our fun.

Bianca: Okay!

Bianca runs out of the room, and Leon stares down at the bed. Felix becomes enraged, and yells at him thinking he cannot hear him.

Felix: First you spike my drink and then you do this? Damn you, Leon!

Leon surprises Felix by turning towards him. Leon flashes his monstrous smile.

Leon: Who said I was Leon?

A vortex of shadow envelopes Leon’s body, causing a breeze that blows against Felix’s clothes. Felix’s eyes widen as he sees the true form of the entity before him: it is a shadowy, hunch-backed monster with sharp claws and jagged teeth. With a playfully menacing tone of voice, the fiend introduces itself as El Cucuy (voice performance by Michael Peña). Felix backs away in fear.

Felix: That’s impossible! El Cucuy is a folktale used to make children behave!

El Cucuy: And you’re a skeleton! Ever think of that?

Felix: No… Leon was a disguise… The whole time, you were…

El Cucuy: The one and only El Cucuy, you fool! You’re the first one I’ve punished, and you won’t be the last! Ha ha ha!

El Cucuy points and laughs at Felix like a grade school bully. Felix dizzily makes his way out of the room, and he moves throughout the house, aimlessly and uneasily. He looks around and begins to see sinister glints of red in some of the partygoers. He trips and falls down the staircase—his bones disassemble, and the parts of his skeletal body fall all the way down the stairs. The head rolls face-up on the ground floor, and Felix gasps as we cut to a low Dutch-angle shot of a stern skeleton in a large black hooded poncho. This skeleton looks down at a piece of paper and asks the skull below him if he is Felix Sanchez.

Felix: Who… Who are you?!

Agustín: When most of my clients first see me, they call me ‘Death’. No need to be so formal. Call me Agustin.

Felix: What’s happened to me?!

In the same Dutch angle, Agustin leans really close to the camera.

Agustín: You’re dead, stupid.

This is the last thing shown at the conference.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Slambros said:

@CayomMagazine

Toy Story 4 director Josh Cooley walks onto the stage.

"We are officially announcing a cinematic adaption of the Rare video game Banjo-Kazooie. Freddie Highmore will voice Banjo, and Beanie Feldstein will voice Kazooie. The film's art style will be inspired by late-90s aesthetics. Grant Kirkhope will be providing the score. That's all we can share for now."

21 minutes ago, Slambros said:

@CayomMagazine

"We are proud to officially announce that New Journey Pictures' adaptation of Megalo Box will be releasing in Y7.  Luke Pasqualino (Snowpiercer) will play Joe."

After that, Neil Marshall (director of Dog Soldiers and The Descent) walks onstage.

"We are proud to officially announce that New Journey Pictures' adaptation of Bayonetta will be releasing in Y7. Rebecca Ferguson (Mission Impossible: Fallout) will play the titular character."

@cookie the list.

3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@cayommagazine

Endless Animation has greenlit an CG/2D animated film dubbed Wings directed by Ava DuVernay. Taking place during the 1960s as well as influenced by the Norse mythology and the legends of the Valkyrie, as a young Valkyrie princess in training and an aspiring African American woman who dreams to be a pilot must team up to stop Ragnarok, the end of the worlds from happening facing prejudice and dangers along the way.

@cookie someone coming for your Nordic crown

33 minutes ago, Slambros said:

@CayomMagazine

Another thing to add for Some Super Boring project.

39 minutes ago, cookie said:

Then I'll just have to get to it first.

It’s more in the Thor area than it is the full out mythos that you’re going, if it’s any consolation.

@CayomMagazine

Cookie Pictures has signed a producing deal with acclaimed director/producer Guillermo Del Toro to take part in their upcoming fantasy-based productions, which include SkyRidersThe Scandinavia Chronicles: Baldur's Brow and The Legend of Zelda: Secret of the Guardians.

On top of the announcement, a revised cast for Scandinavia Chronicles has been confirmed:

• Thomasin McKenzie (The Epsilon Syndicate) has been cast as Helga, as director André Øvredal sought a younger actress for the part, ancestry be damned.
  • Hera Hilmarsdóttir has instead shifted to play Liva, an older huntress with permanent shadow around her eyes accompanying Helga on their quest.
  • Mena Massoud has been cast as Sayid, a foreigner in the Kingdom of Denmark who has to resort to thievery and trickery in order to survive but joins Helga and Liva on their journey from Denmark hoping to get to Sweden.
  • Joel Kinnaman has been cast as Mats, a swedish-born industrial worker who hopes to lead Malmø to rebel against their Danish rulers.
  • Stellan Skarsgård, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Pilou Asbæk, Kenneth Branagh, Laura Linney, Peter Serafinowicz, Keri Russell, Jake Gyllenhaal and Lars Mikkelsen will remains in their respective roles.

Cookie Pictures hopes to have Scandinavia out in Y7.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2019 at 6:04 PM, Spaghetti said:

@CayomMagazine

Some stories are best left unwritten. Prepare yourself for Tony Yacenda's new dark comedy, LINE BREAK.

H0HWHEZ.png

@CayomMagazine

So change of plan. YUMMY is indefinitely delayed. Tony Yacenda's Line Break is back on for Y6. The only notable difference is that Kimiko Glenn is apparently replacing Constance Wu.

• Sad 1