CAYOM Magazine

17 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Numerator Pictures updates its tentative Near Future plans

The Long Way Home (Sci-Fi/Adventure) (dir. Steven Caple Jr.) - Summer

I see how it is.

• ...wtf 1

39 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I do want to maintain 18 month-ish gaps between parts two to four. Zelda and Scandies likely won't be Q1 either since that'd put them too close for comfort to Pillars.

@cayommagazine@numeratorpictures

In the wake of the tentative Year 7/8 schedules released last night, Numerator Pictures offers a few more details about the film Here Nor There.

Based on an original story, the film is said to center around two young adults who independently discover a strange signal, and their investigations bring them into contact with one another, and reveal a secret that changes their understanding of the world they live in.

The studio other than that vague description says it'll keep a very tight lid on details.

Deborah Chow is directing. The studio has cast Clara Rugaard (the alternate reality film I am Mother) and Trevor Jackson (A Woman in the Crowd) as the leads.

Here Nor There is expected to come out sometime between late August and early November of Year 7.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@CayomMagazine 

A sequel to Lager Pictures' One Punch Man has now been scheduled for a June release in Y8, under the name of One Punch Man: A Monster Rises. The film will be helmed by Game Night directors John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein with Edgar Wright, the director of the first One Punch Man, will continue serve as a producer on the film along with Christopher and Maria Lager.

While the first film proved to be a box office success for Lager Pictures, the film received mixed-to-positive reviews, with many of the negative reviews being extremely negative. Looking back on the first film, Edgar Wright had this to say about it:

I'll admit - I bit off far more than I could chew with it. Watching it now, it feels so overwhelming to me... I can't imagine how some people must've felt while watching it. I can't say it was all bad but it's tough for me to even fathom going back and re-watching it. 

With the sequel, Wright hopes that the film will right some of the wrongs that of the first film.

The scale won't be all over the place as the first film. There's a lot less characters being thrown at you this time around, and we really get to know a few of the ones we barely spent time with in the first film. The world of this story is huge and the people and creatures that inhabit it are equally larger than life... but it's only fair to our audience that we don't overwhelm anyone with too much of it. 

While his view of the first film may be tainted, Wright still remains hopeful for the franchises's future.

I'm just glad its not me making it this time around (laughs). There's so much potential with it - I'd hate to see it go to waste just because of one stumbling block that I created (laughs). John and Jonathan are such talented guys and they were the ones that encouraged me to not give up on this series. They're really great guys. They're so very passionate about these characters, I believe they'll do 'em justice this time around. 

A Monster Rises will further focus on Sam Capebaldi and his cyborg sidekick Genos as they go up against a new threat: Garou (Joe Keery), a self-proclaimed hero hunter who makes it his mission to wipe out every superhero in the world. The long-haired antagonist was previously teased in the post-credits scene of One Punch Man

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Deborah Chow is directing. The studio has cast Clara Rugaard (the alternate reality film I am Mother) and Trevor Jackson (A Woman in the Crowd) as the leads.

I declare this the first ever Blanks pandering in CAYOM

hype!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I declare this the first ever Blanks pandering in CAYOM

hype!!!

And here I was thinking of ways to pander to you including putting Zoey Deutch in a bunch of stuff...

Darn you, Numbers.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Horizon Entertainment has  released a  new synopsis for Lightspeed: A racecar driver is offered a new lease on life when he get a offer to join an interstellar racing League as its first human driver. As he stars his assent to the top he encounters rivals more ruthless then he imagined. Inspired by the world-building  of the spark saga, Lightspeed stars Lakeith Stanfield, Michael Rooker, Zac Efron and Bryan Cranston. 

• Like 4

@CayomMagazine

Tony Yacenda's LINE BREAK gets a full synposis at last: The film follows Justin Hatwell (Nicholas Hoult), an empathetic, mild-mannered 10th grade English teacher. As he reaches his new class, one student, Avery Crowe (Griffin Gluck) catches his eye. He has an incredible flair for writing talent, but it stems from him invading the private lives of his classmates. Teacher and pupil form an intense, amoral mentor ship as Crowe continues to cross all kinds of lines. Things soon spiral out of control, especially as Crowe's mysterious parents (Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams) enter the picture.

The film is loosely based on Francois Ozon's 2012 French film In The House, which was in turn based on Juan Mayorga's Spanish play The Boy in the Last Row. Tony Yacenda has emphasized that Line Break is not merely an English language remake, but a unique spin on the same premise.

The film will play as more of a direct comedy/farce than By The Balls, but it'll include plenty of pokes at generational divides, modern education's issues, and more. Also starring Kimiko Glenn, Julian Dennison, Angourie Rice, Maika Monroe, Jimmy Tatro, Ryan O'Flanagan, Kate McKinnon, Winston Duke, Tika Sumpter, and Dwayne Johnson. The film will drop on August 5th, Y6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cookie said:

And here I was thinking of ways to pander to you including putting Zoey Deutch in a bunch of stuff...

Darn you, Numbers.

When did this Zoey Deutch thing start lmao; the only thing I e done with her is regret not casting her in AWITC 😛

• Sad 1

@cayommagazine

Michael Pena (Ant Man) is set to star in the upcoming Super Mario Bros adaptation as Reyes, a sentient cactus in one of the many worlds of Mario.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@cayommagazine

Michael Pena (Ant Man) is set to star in the upcoming Super Mario Bros adaptation as Reyes, a sentient cactus in one of the many worlds of Mario.

First a role in my Fiesta Loca film and now this?

Let the Michael Peñaissance commence!

• Like 1

@CookiePictures

H.F.F WARNING NOTICE - Starting June 16th, food will only be rationed at select checkpoints on board the H.F.F Milky Way and the H.F.F Pinwheel. All applicants must be able to show identification and food will be handed out in order of ship designation. Any attempts to steal or disrupt the rationing process will be met with lethal force.

As previously, ARTICLE SEVEN remains in full effect - All means of electronic communication not sanctioned by H.F.F officials are strictly banned due to safety concerns, and any possession of such devices found in private use will be confiscated and its owner face imprisonment should they not comply. In order to ensure survival, the fleet must remain elusive from DOMINION forces at all times.

Further reports from central command under orders of new Grand Admiral ELIZA D. WINTERS are expected within the next twenty-four hours.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 6
  • ...wtf 1

@CayomMagazine

New Journey Pictures is ready to announce a brand new, original CGI-animated feature film for Y7 titled A Hop, Skip, and a Jump. The logline:

In a Zootopia-esque society of anthropomorphic animals, the young Tortoise and Hare, years after their footrace and its ensuing fallout, attempt to forgive each other as well as themselves.

Alessandro Carloni, the co-director of Kung Fu Panda 3 alongside Jennifer Yuh Nelson, is set to direct the film. As far as casting goes, New Journey Pictures is eyeing Ryan Potter to play the role of the hare, while Kodi Smit-McPhee is being eyed to play the role of the tortoise.

• Like 3

Once again, the syndicate requests your presence.

Now, where were we?

Spoiler

Nadine walks away, and we see a closing montage of her, shot entirely from her pov: She steals a painting that has a hidden list of names hidden inside the canvas, presumably a list of people under witness protection. As she returns a 3D copy of it, she is caught. Running through the building with sneaky and parkour-like maneuvers, she eventually lands inside a a car. She sees herself in the side mirror, giving a smile and a wink.

In March Y5, Nadine Hallon realized that she had a new path on life, one that would change her life in a delightfully wicked way.

You also know what they say about saving the world. It's always more fun the second time around.

T h E   e P 2 I l O n   S y N d I c A t E

0VfqkPk.png A R T    O F   T H E    D R E A M  0VfqkPk.png

In early Y7, The Ep2ilon Syndicate: Art of the Dream (yes, that's the official title, 2 and all) arrives in theaters, including IMAX, Dolby Cinema, and 70mm.

Producer and co-writer Drew Goddard will step down from the directors chair for Parts 2 and 3, enlisting Coralie Fargeat (Revenge) to helm the second part of the chapter, focusing on Madame Y (Emily Blunt) and Nadine Hallon/Madame Z (Thomasin McKenzie). Part three will put Richard Ayoade (The Double, Submarine) behind the director's chair and focus on fan favorite characters Antigone Ska (Letitia Wright) and Donatello Chau (Ryan Potter).

When asked about the split, Goddard replied, "This gives us a change to present a few more fun adventures that explore the wild and wooly underworld amongst our own, while also helping to hone in on these characters and what makes them stand out. Trying to build in a team format doesn't necessarily fit with the world, so this more granular approach proved really effective."

"Also, there's going to be a really fun element where the heroes' missions occur simultaneously and inadvertently affect each others'. An oversight from Nadine could really hinder Donatello, or Antigone may end up giving Madame Y a much needed boost. While some things may happen in Part 2 that won't *fully* make sense until Part 3, the plots themselves are largely independent, which is by and large the point. (However, both pairs will appear briefly in the other pair's film)"

When remarking on the more simple and derivative nature of the plot in the first film, a common criticism despite its overall strong acclaim, Goddard had a way to override that as well. "Nadine was new on the jib, and the audiences were new to this world. There was also a lot of uncertainty if this final product would even work, so we erred a bit towards the safe side. However, now that we've found our footing, there's a lot more fun and truly wacky adventures to be had."

So where will Nadine and Y go first?

Thomasin McKenzie Picture Emily Blunt Picture Jodie Foster Picture Daveed Diggs Picture Alison Brie Picture

McKenzie, Blunt, Foster, Diggs, and Brie lead the cast of AotD.

Meet Alvin Pedderton (Daveed Diggs, Evan Almighty, Shiverin' Gulch) the host of the beloved children's program, Alvin and His Friends. He teaches kindness, compassion, and neighborly love in his show, seeming like a modern day Mr. Rogers. However...his real views on humanity are far, far more bleak. The only hope of his show is that he sees children as true harbingers of innocence, gaining tools and resources from some dubious providers to potentially spur a new world war and create a new utopia with the child survivors. 

At his closest command is AaHF actress Abigail Buckley (Alison Brie, Can You Imagine?, Green Lantern Corps) a down on her luck actress who happens to be Pedderton's strongest enforcer. However, it's unclear if she knows what his endgame is...until then. They've got glass-teeth puppets, poisoned cupcakes, and other demented tools at their disposal.

There are some tragic elements to Diggs' character, but he builds wicked comedy and catharsis from the role, and he goes all in on it. Co-writer Susanna Fogel (The Spy Who Dumped Me, Booksmart) remarked that his character is a truly fascinating villain - not to mention a threatening one. He's terrifying, heartbreaking, unpredictable - and hilarious.

Image result for big comfy couch Image result for mr. rogers neighborhood

Mr. Roger's Neighborhood and the Big Comfy Couch were major inspirations for Diggs and Brie's characters...and did you know that Alison Brie used to be a party clown?

Madame Y seemed like the cool and controlled mentor, helping a newly optimistic, curious, and excited Nadine Hallon keep up on her first few missions, but she slowy loses it upon the unexpected barging-in of her OWN mentor, Madame X. (Jodie Foster, The Scavenger Wars: Part III, Academy) It's funny that her character is in the upcoming TSW film as the antagonist...since Captain Lucina served a major inspiration. Specifically, imagine a Lucina in her mid 50s, nonchalantly violent, unusually heroic, and still drunk as hell.

We find out that Madame X and Y....did not exactly end their professional relationship on good terms.

In fact, this is a good audiovisual summary of their interactions (Along with Nadine) throughout the first half of the film.

So Nadine has to stop an omnicidal villain and mediate between two grown adults. 

Armand Assante, Aubrey Anderson-Emmons, Michael Keaton, Amy Sedaris, and Hari Nef will all return from the first installment, although we will be getting quite a few new faces in the cast:

Ralph Fiennes Picture Wyatt Russell Picture Isabela Moner Picture Olivia Colman Picture Marianne Jean-Baptiste Picture

Fiennes, Russell, Moner, Colman, and Jean-Baptiste all play new characters in the saga.

• Ralph Fiennes (A Trip to the Moon, The Mole 2) as Robert Seilco, the CEO of Seilco Broadcasting, which produces Alvin and His Friends. While not the villain, per se, he's a pretty big asshole.
  • Wyatt Russell (StarFox, 22 Jump Street) as Navin Seilco, Robert's obnoxious son who gets a job working for Alvin and His Friends. Alvin quickly comes to despise him.
  • Isabel Moner (Carmen's Voyage, Instant Family) as La Vienta, an international thief hailing from Peru, operating independently of the Epsilon Syndicate. Things heat up when she and Nadine cross paths.
  • Olivia Colman (The Favourite, Bambi: A Life in the Woods) as Desdemona, a suspicious new character.
  • Marianne Jean-Baptiste (In Fabric, Homecoming) as Osiris, a highly intelligent agent for the Epsilon Syndicate, collecting information on new missions.

Coralie Fargeat has promised that the film will sport the same thrills, world building, and bloody violence that you've come to expect from the saga, while diving into some touching character work and potent social commentary. We don't know much about Tig and Donny's next mission, but we can already guarantee one thing. Next February will be a bloody good time.

• Like 4

@CayomMagazine

Maggie Smith, David Tennant, Riz Ahmed, Ricky Whittle, Sonoya Mizuno, Juliette Binoche, Hayley Atwell, and Cynthia Erivo will lead the cast of a currently untitled Y7 comedy from director Paul King (Paddington 1+2)

• Like 1