Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

@CayomMagazine

Cookie Pictures Animation is gearing up for an animated adaptation of the acclaimed children's graphic novel series Hilda, with the aim for a September Y7 release. Unlike larger works like Zelda or Scrooge 3, the film will be produced at a much smaller budget (sources suggest around $50-60m) and be traditionally animated.

The studio has sought Jill Culton (Open Season, Abominable) to direct, with Pixie Davies (Spark: A Hero's Promise) set the voice the title character. Wether the film will be a direct adaptation of the graphic novels or its accompanying Netflix series is unknown.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cookie said:

@CayomMagazine

Cookie Pictures Animation is gearing up for an animated adaptation of the acclaimed children's graphic novel series Hilda, with the aim for a September Y7 release. Unlike larger works like Zelda or Scrooge 3, the film will be produced at a much smaller budget (sources suggest around $50-60m) and be traditionally animated.

The studio has sought Jill Culton (Open Season, Abominable) to direct, with Pixie Davies (Spark: A Hero's Promise) set the voice the title character. Wether the film will be a direct adaptation of the graphic novels or its accompanying Netflix series is unknown.

Saddles intensify 

16 minutes ago, cookie said:

I thought Scorching Saddles was PG-13?

No PG.

I put in September to avoid the Spring and Holiday rush.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

No PG.

I put in September to avoid the Spring and Holiday rush.

I was avoiding the Spring/Holiday rushes as well, not the least because Scrooge/Zelda would cannibalize it. I honestly assumed both Agents of Change and Saddles were going for a different audience.

3 hours ago, Spaghetti said:

*Sees Gardens Above in late-July/early-August spot.*

*Two animated movies in September*

Pls

Is Gardens Above PG? Cause I could go for August otherwise.

@CayomMagazine

Following today's announcement for an animated Hilda adaptation, Cookie Pictures has confirmed to CAYOM Magazine that Panthera: The New Age will be interim pushed back to Year 8 in order to allocate studio resources.

"We have four large tentpoles in form of Scavenger WarsZelda, SkyRiders and the third Scrooge McDuck film, and then we have modestly budgeted ventures such as Hilda and A Smidge Too Human also in the pipeline," said a studio representative. "We'd want to make sure each film gets the care and attention it needs to succeed, and so our time and resources needed to be divided up more, and that made working with five major tentpoles in one year more difficult. We have our fullest confidence in Panthera and hope it'll delight audiences when it arrives in Y8 instead."

The studio has provided an updated Y7 release schedule to reflect this change:

Spoiler

Scrooge 3 (Animation/Adventure) (Dir. Dana Terrace) — March 3rd

SkyRiders: Part I (Fantasy/Drama) (Dir. Niki Caro) — May 19th

The Scavenger Wars Part III (Sci-Fi) (Dir. Matt Shakman) — June 16th

Hilda (Traditional animation/Fantasy/Adventure) (Dir. Jill Culton) — September 29th

The Legend of Zelda: Secret of the Guardians (Animation/Fantasy/Adventure) (Dir. Travis Knight) — November 3rd

A Smidge Too Human (Sci-Fi/Comedy/Drama) (Dir. Jeff Nichols) — November 17th

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cookie said:

I was avoiding the Spring/Holiday rushes as well, not the least because Scrooge/Zelda would cannibalize it. I honestly assumed both Agents of Change and Saddles were going for a different audience.

Is Gardens Above PG? Cause I could go for August otherwise.

Agents of Change will likely be R.

@cayommagazine

Endless Entertainment has formally announced its Y7 slate complete with dates

• Sequel to the Y5 surprise hit, Static Shock II arrives in theaters February 10th, Y7. The sequel takes place one year after the first, where Static has become a famous hero, but soon deals with his biggest threat yet Leonard Smalls, a bang baby who plans to spark a revolution. Rick Famuyiwa will stay on to write and direct
  • A live action reimagining of Brother Bear, roads into theaters March 31st, Y7 with Jon Favreau (The Jungle Book, Iron Man) directing
  • WhatAToon’s first film, the R rated Agents of CHANGE, plans to change cinemas April 14th, Y7. Budgeted at $50M, and written and directed by visionary Aaron McGruder (The Boondocks), tells the story of a popular vain rapper (O’Shea Jackson Jr.) joins CHANGE, an organization of spies, mercenaries, and superstars that aims for equality of all, must stop a plot that will potentially destroy the black community.
  • Endless Animation’s much anticipated sequel, Should You Imagine?, imagines a date of June 30th, Y7 as Genndy Tartakovsky (Can You Imagine?, Primal) returns to helm
  • Jennifer Lee takes us to outerspace for the competition of the lifetime, as long awaited project The Valkyries vs The Galaxy arrives in theaters August 19th, Y7
  • Endless Animation’s first western, Scorching Saddles gallops into theaters September 15th, Y7 as Alex Hirsch makes his debut feature
  • Jordan Peele’s much anticipated thriller/mystery project Eyes will debut in cinemas November 10th, Y7
  • Christopher McQuarrie (Mission Impossible franchise) directs the next installment of Green Lantern Corps, titled Green Lantern Corps: Home, which blasts off into theaters December 8th, Y7

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

Um... May I ask why it's called that?

That's the name of the antagonist. It's a DC Comics character.

However, I would personally advise changing the title and also only referring to said antagonist by his alter-ego (Leonard Smalls)

• Like 3

@CayomMagazine

Here's the release dates for New Journey Pictures' Y7 film slate.

The Croaking of Prince Chrom will hop into theaters on February 17th.

Carver will counter-program against Scrooge 3 by opening on March 10th. NJP is confident this will work because the budget is conservative.

Cruis'n USA will counter-program against Sir Thymes Time II by opening on May 12th. NJP will not attempt an IMAX release for this Fast & Furious inspired racing title. "IMAX doesn't fit the style we're going for," said the director.

Tealbird will release on June 2nd.

Banjo-Kazooie will release on July 21st. The date provides challenges, as the film releases three weeks after Should You Imagine?, and July 21st is sandwiched between Temple Run and Attack On Titan, but NJP still believes the film can do well.

NJP's Untitled Mystery Film will release on September 1st. "This is not a dump," said fictional CEO Glenn Guthrie. "People avoid going to the movies this weekend because the releases are always bad. But this isn't a bad release. This is something people will want to see."

Bloodsuckers will release on October 20th.

Megalo Box is the only film currently on NJP's Y7 slate that the distributor wants to release in IMAX. They are eyeing November 17th. NJP does not believe this film and A Smidge Too Human will eat into each others' audience, despite both films incorporating science fiction elements.

As per usual, NJP will release a documentary in Y7. They will wait to decide on a release date for the time being.

The Croaking of Prince Chrom - Feb. 17th

Carver - March 10th

Cruis'n USA - May 12th

Tealbird - June 2nd

Banjo-Kazooie - July 21st

Mystery Film - September 1st

Bloodsuckers - October 20th

Megalo Box - November 17th

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

@CayomMagazine

Guess we gotta follow the pack.