CAYOM Magazine

1 hour ago, Xillix said:

Well in that case...

TENTATIVE TRICRESCENT MEDIA Y2 RELEASES

Night Light - Horror - Directed by Christian Alvart - January 26th, Y2

From a Black Sky - Sci-Fi/Horror - Directed by Steven Quale - February 23rd, Y2

The Knight - Fantasy/Adventure - Directed by Doug Liman - March 30th, Y2

Untitled Amityville Movie - Horror - Directed by Toby Wilkins - April 13th, Y2

American Dragon: Jake Long - Action/Family - Directed by Jon Turteltaub - April 20th, Y2

Prey - Sci-Fi/Thriller - Directed by Dan Trachtenberg - May 11th, Y2

Gamera - Sci-Fi/Action - Directed by Brad Peyton - June 1st, Y2

Ultraman - Sci-Fi/Action - Directed by Michael Bay - July 4th, Y2

Infection - Horror - Directed by Jason Zada - July 13th, Y2

War of the Gods - Fantasy/Action - Directed by J.J. Abrams - August 3rd, Y2

Race Rage - Action - Directed by Boaz Yakin - August 17th, Y2

Under - Horror - Directed by Christophe Gans - October 19th, Y2

Biker Mice from Mars - Directed by Marc Webb - December 7th, Y2

This might clash with my Biblical epic David opening the following weekend. 

Just now, spaghetti! said:

As a side note, Train 38 wand The Simulaton will be mostly similar to their CAYOM 2.0 incarnations, the former improved upon Number's suggestions. Cyber will be substantially different.

I am doing the same with my films.

My Life to Waste will be pretty much identical minus cast changes, director change, and some plot editing. 

The Island will be greatly different although the plot the same. 

13 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

This might clash with my Biblical epic David opening the following weekend. 

Good then I will destroy you

Seriously though... wouldn't it make sense to open a Biblical epic on Easter weekend? That'd be where The Knight is now. Just a suggestion. Of course all these dates are tentative.

3 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Good then I will destroy you

Seriously though... wouldn't it make sense to open a Biblical epic on Easter weekend? That'd be where The Knight is now. Just a suggestion. Of course all these dates are tentative.

I don't think I'm gonna stick with the April 6th release. It might be an early March release and get a nice run throughout Lent. 

Just now, Hiccup23 said:

I don't think I'm gonna stick with the April 6th release. It might be an early March release and get a nice run throughout Lent. 

Well then there you go, right? If it's early March it has opening weekend to itself, plays through lent, and likely gets an Easter boost against The Knight at the end of the month. Seems ideal for you.

If you're worried for my sake it's not like I intend The Knight to start a franchise or anything. I pretty much just pulled the idea out of my ass because I wanted to do something in Cinerama as a geeky novelty :P 

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

Well then there you go, right? If it's early March it has opening weekend to itself, plays through lent, and likely gets an Easter boost against The Knight at the end of the month. Seems ideal for you.

If you're worried for my sake it's not like I intend The Knight to start a franchise or anything. I pretty much just pulled the idea out of my ass because I wanted to do something in Cinerama as a geeky novelty :P 

Gotcha..

I was looking out for both of us. lol

• Like 1

In addition to his return in Oscar Pill, the Two Kingdoms (dir. Nicolas Bary). Abraham Attah will also star in an other big-Genius production : Charlie and the Chocolate Factory new adaptation, directed by Kasi Lemmons. It will be the first time that Charlie will be portrayed as a black guy, just as Roahl Dahl originally planned to.

@TheHollywoodReporter : It's rumored that due to poor box-office numbers and reception, Genius has cancelled the sequel of Runaway.

@TheHollywoodReporter : #Runaways is no longer planned to be released on October 19th and is replaced by CharlieFactory

@TheHollywoodReporter : OFFICIAL: Genius cancels two Runaway planned sequels

@TheHollywoodReporter : Joe Carnahan will "def work with Genius at some point" says a Genius executive

Edited by Bastien
  • Like 1

@CookiePictures

Casting Wednesday! Adam Brody and Gina Rodriguez join THE ROAD TO EL DORADO as Tulio and Chel

@CookiePictures

Walton Goggins to voice Admiral Packer, the main antagonist of THE SCAVENGER WARS

@CookiePictures

More villain casting - Ciarán Hinds is Black Shadow in F-ZERO

@CookiePictures

Hailee Steinfeld is inkling Red in SPLATOON. Indie pop duo Tegan and Sara are the Squid Sisters

@CookiePictures

Christoph Waltz, Tao Okamoto and Beat Takeshi join Hugh Jackman and Stephan James in LANCE

©CookiePictures

Chiwetel Ejiofor leads a time travel dinosaur expedition in COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION

@CookiePictures

Final casting for today - Tom Hiddleston is Prince Lotor, son of Zarkon in VOLTRON 2

Edited by cookie

'HE-MAN II' CONFIRMED FOR Y3

LOUIS LETERRIER NOT RETURNING

Pleased by the film's strong opening weekend and two weeks atop the charts, Gold Crescent Pictures has officially announced plans for a currently untitled sequel to their blockbuster He-Man live action movie. Fans will need to wait a bit, however, as the studio doesn't plan to release the follow-up until May of Y3. While several of the first film's stars - including Lance Garrett, Shailene Woodley, Dave Bautista, and Carrie-Ann Moss - have signed multi-film contracts ensuring their returns, word on the street is that director Louis Leterrier will not be back to helm the sequel. No replacement has yet been announced.

@O$corpPictures

"The Academy moves to September 21st, which is more fitting considering the school and Halloween setting of the film"

"My Life to Waste will be released this Thanksgiving and will be directed by  Alejandro Gonzalez"

"Animated film The Twenty One Balloons will hit theaters President's Day weekend. Peter Sohn to direct!"

"M. Night Shyamalen's first superhero film will hit theaters March 23rd. Film titled Illusiono and casting in progress."

"After talks with Darren Aronofsky, he will direct the C.S. Lewis's devil drama, Screwtape Letters. It will open October 12th."

"The Island is moved to November 9th."

"Tim Burton's The Dark Victorian to hit theaters July 27th and UnHoly will move to August 17th."

"O$corp Pictures will release 14 majors films in Y2 and 6 minor films"

Major Film's Release Dates and Directors

Bloody Mary Jan 12 Horror Andres Muschietti
Poison and Wine 2 Feb 9 Drama James Foley
The Twenty One Balloons Feb 16 Animated Peter Sohn
David March 2 Bibicial Epic Ridley Scott
Illusiono March 23 Superhero M Night Shyamalan
The Witch of Blackbird Pond May 11 Drama/Romance Ava DuVernay
The Dark Victorian July 27 Horror Action Tim Burton
UnHoly August 17 Action Comedy Matthew Vaughn
Z-Day September 7 Horror William Brent Bell
Academy September 21 Horror Comedy Jon Lucas
The Screwtape Letters October 12 Horror Drama Darren Aronofsky
Sitting Ducks Nov 2 Animated Andrew Stanton
The Island November 9 Thriller Guillermo Del Toro
My Life to Waste November 21 Drama Alejandro Gonzalez

FILM NAME DIRECTOR GENRE RELEASE DATE NOTES
Dream Daddy Carter Covington Romance / Comedy February 9th At 29, Max is the father of a 12-year-old girl. As he moves into a,new city, his daughter will encourage him to seek love... and perhaps,find it with the most unexpected people.
Flyway Judy Irving IMAX Documentary March 2th Flyway is a wonderful trip to live in IMAX that will make you discover the incredible journey of migratory birds.
Beyond Good & Evil Patty Jenkins Sci-Fi Adventure May 25th Jade is a System 4 inhabitant, a solar system far from ours and,under the dictatorial regime of an extra-land race. She will discover by,chance that she may be able to fight for the freedom of her people by,risking her life in incredible situations.
Dangerous Man Lexi Alexander Horror / Action June 29th Ethan is a troubled 23-year-old boy. He has experienced traumatic,events in his past, and while he is in hospital he is once again,beginning to experience strange apparitions.
American Dad Movie Seth MacFarlane Animated Comedy July 4th Francine and Stan's life as a couple is going badly, and Stan is,starting to fear divorce. Meanwhile, Roger is doing everything he can to,buy an ePhone X.
Nightmare on Elm Street Andres Muschietti Horror Comedy September 7th A small town in California. A group of teenagers discovering their,sexuality. And nightmares that start to get more and more dangerous.,Nightmare on Elm Street is a frightening tribute to Wes Craven in a,film under the threat of Freddy Krueger played by Kevin Bacon.
Charlie & the Horror Factory Jordan Peele Social Slasher October 19th In a sad, cold and seemingly extinct society. Charlie will get a,golden ticket that should allow him to live a moment of happiness but,that will quickly turn into a nightmare.
Oscar Pill, the Double Feature Wes Ball & Nicolas Bary Heroic Fantasy November 12th Rediscover Oscar Pill 1 in an extented cut (+9 minutes) and discover before everyone else the sequel.
Oscar Pill, the Two Kingdoms Nicolas Bary Heroic Fantasy November 16th A year has passed since Oscar won his first trophy. He no longer has,any news of the Medicus world, until a day in September when he will,have to return into the human body to begin a second journey that,promises to be more perilous than ever.
Amava Angelina Jolie Period Drama November 21th A young university student (Shailene Woodley) discovers through her,charismatic teacher (Nicole Kidman) the history of women through the,centuries, and decides to help her mother (Angelina Jolie) to rebel,against her condition.
A Very Rabbids XMAS Mike Thurmeier Animation December 14th The Rabbids decide to organize the first Christmas party on their planet, but nothing will go as planned.
Eureka! Lesli Linka Glatter Biography December 14th 5 geniuses, 5 inventions that changed the worlds... And 5 periods of 20 minutes that preceded them.
ROCKmance Edgar Wright Action / Romance December 25th Through an absolutely cult rock playlist. The crazy love story,between a young prostitute (Lily Colins) and a mysterious man (Jack O.Connell) who seems to want to protect her.
Edited by Bastien
  • Like 1

Lager Studios Y2 Line-Up Part 1

The Call of the Revenant:

The Call of the Revenant is a Historical Horror film directed by Franck Khalfoun (Maniac). The film will take place in 1945, towards the end of World War 2 as Germany is being sieged. The film will focus on a group of American soldiers who discover that Hitler and the Nazi army have dealt in demonic rituals and have unleashed a hellish creature on earth. Realizing that the creature in question is after them, the group of soldiers must fight for their survival. The film will be released on January 5th.

The Ice Diaries:

The Ice Diaries is Thriller film directed by Gore Verbinski (The Ringe, A Cure for Wellness) and starring Domhnall Gleeson. A group of people awake to find themselves stranded in an ice-covered area with no recollection of how they got there or more importantly, who they are. They are soon provided with tools by an unknown entity they call "Orson" to create a society in their environment. As more and more people begin to show up and as their society continues to grow, tensions begin to rise as the humans eventually break down and question the purpose of their predicament. The film will be released President's Day weekend on February 16th in IMAX.

Black Friday:

Black Friday is a Horror film directed by Ciaran Foy (Sinister 2). The film is a heavily fictionalized version of the production of Disney/Pixar's classic animated film Toy Story.  The film chronicles the tensions between the two studios Disney and Pixar as the former is constantly asking for re-writes to the film to make it more "edgy". What results is an hour-and-a-half exploration into the stressful, out-of-control madness faced by the animators of the project. Based on the short story of the same name. The film will be released on April 13th.

A Trip to the Moon:

A Trip to the Moon is a Fantasy Adventure film directed by Wes Anderson (Moonrise Kingdom, The Grand Budapest Hotel). While there is no word yet on casting and what the plot is, the film will be a remake of the Georges Melies short film of the same name. The film will combine elements of the original short film and Wes Anderson's signature style of filmmaking to create a film like no other. It will be released limited on May 26th and is expected to expand wide on June 15th in 3D.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

Nostalgia, Ultra: 

Nostalgia, Ultra is a Surreal Musical Drama directed by Joseph Kahn (Detention, Power/Rangers short film). Named after the debut album by artist Frank Ocean (also writer and producer on the film), the film will be partially based on events that he went through in his life (Hurricane Katrina, being relocated to California, etc.) through the eyes of fictional characters. The film is set for release on July 27th.

Anthem:

Anthem is a Dystopian Sci-Fi Animated film directed by Ari Folman (Waltz with Bashir). Based on the novella by Ayn Rand, the film presents a dark future where technological advancement is planned out and the concept of individuality no longer exists. Things get interesting when a young man rebels against the system. The film is set for release on August 17th.

Flower Eyes and Needle Teeth:

Flower Eyes and Needle Teeth is based on the creepypasta short story of the same name and is directed by David Robert Mitchell (It Follows). The film will center around a young protagonist as he discovers that the most powerful people in the U.S. are not what they seem. In fact, they aren't even human. Convinced that he must do something, the man begins a hunt to kill every creature posing as a powerful figure. The film is set for release on September 14th.

Pitch Black:

Pitch Black is an Action/Horror film directed by Neil Marshall (The Descent). When the whole world loses power in one simultaneous second, the whole world is left in complete darkness. The film follows a group of neighbors as they fight against an unseen enemy that has awakened to prey on humanity. The film will be released on October 5th in 3D and IMAX 3D.  

Tulpa:

Tulpa is a Psychological Horror film directed by Scott Derrickson (Sinister, Doctor Strange). The film follows a post-college graduate stumbling across a new job opportunity: Learning to create a Tulpa for scientific research. While everything seems to go great at first, things eventually take an interesting turn as the tulpa begins to have a mind of its own. The film is set for limited release on November 2nd with a wide opening November 16th.

The Odyssey: The Spoils of War:

The Odyssey: The Spoils of War is a Fantasy Epic film directed by Matt Reeves (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes). The film is set to be the first in a trilogy based on Homer's epic poem. The trilogy will focus on the Greek hero Odysseus' journey home after ten years of battling in the Trojan War and the struggles he faces on the journey. No word yet on who will play the Greek hero but casting is expected to begin soon on the project. The film is set for release on December 19th in 3D and IMAX 3D.

• Like 2