Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

4 hours ago, Rorschach said:

I can’t remember every single upcoming project that everyone has going on now can I?

While we’re at it Nefcy is doing 2LBH anymore, Soren has returned. 

But Nefcy is doing my own Squirrel Girl next year.

• Like 1

@cayommagazine 

Skylanders: Worlds Collide has been pushed back to Y6 to let more ideas brew but Mark Dindal’s Inspector Gadget will arrive Y5 in its place, aiming for the start of May Y5.

• Like 1

@CayomMagazine

Ahead of their November 17th conference, Cookie Pictures has released a "nearly complete" cast list for The Scandinavia Chronicles: Baldur's Brow, directed by André Øvredal and set for release in theaters in July of Year 5.

Hera Hilmar as Helga

Stellan Skarsgård as Björk

Sofia Karemyr as Liva

Riz Ahmed as Sayed

Lars Mikkelsen as Erik, the Mad King of Denmark

Sela Ward as Frigga

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Malthe

Pilou Asbæk as Bilou

Peter Serafinowicz as Týr

with
Jake Gyllenhaal as Loki

and

Kenneth Branagh as Odin

Edited by cookie
  • Like 4

Chuck and Liam Heading For Year 5... and 6

Ahead of its week of announcements, Blankments Productions has quietly signed Clark Gregg on to direct two fast-tracked sequels to Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. the Loch Ness Monster. The first film will release in September Year 5 and the second in early year 6, being shot back-to-back. The films will have a massive budget increase of 100M between the two of them, although we're hearing the sequel will have 25M only whereas the third movie will be budgeted as 75M. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson are obviously expected to return their roles as themselves. 

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

@cayommagazine

Keirsey Clemons joins the cast of Endless's untitled LGBT superhero movie. Clemons will play Flynn's best friend and confidant, who is one of the few people who know both of his secrets.

• Like 1

(I really can't bring myself to study at the moment, so I'm moving 'next weekend' up to now.)

Today, CAYOM Magazine is interviewing the head of New Journey Pictures, Glenn Guthrie. And I must say, Glenn, this is a very exciting moment for the magazine and for the film industry as a whole.

"Thank you for having me. This is a pleasure, you know what I'm sayin'?"

So tell me, Glenn. When you founded New Journey Pictures, what was the vision you had in mind for the studio?

"It's all in the title, you know what I'm sayin'? We want to take viewers all over the world on new journeys. You know what I'm sayin'? NEW JOURNEYS."

Please elaborate.

"We want to give viewers of all ages new stories, new cinematic approaches, new experiences--whether they come in small or large packages."

Small or large packages?

"Yeah, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Please elaborate.

"We want to make an intriguingly diverse set of films. Some of our projects are the type that could easily be presented to the mass market, and others will rightfully be debuting in platform release, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Can you explain your reasoning behind the decision for New Journey to simultaneously produce wide and limited releases?

"As a studio, we want to be known for artistry, for creativity, for excellence. To us, it doesn't matter how many theaters a director's vision is meant for. We just wanna finance it, make it, and give it to those popcorn people, you know what I'm sayin'?"

I assume that, by that last adjective, you meant 'moviegoers'. Am I correct?

(Guthrie gives a blank stare.)

Okay then. Let's move on to New Journey's film slate for Year 5. One of the most interesting films you have lined up thus far is a live-action adaption of the manga/anime Banana Fish.

(Guthrie claps his hands together.)

"I am excited about that one."

It seems like it's shaping up to be a fairly standard crime drama with a significant portion of emotional substance from the platonic romance between the two lead characters.

"Uh-huh!"

Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about the project?

"I just think a project like this is the exact kind of wide release that viewers would propel towards a sleeper hit status. It's got the gritty, drug-trafficking, street-brawling action they want, plus the passionate core viewers don't know they want. And when audiences give us their money, it'll be a win-win-win, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Let's move on to the next project. I see that New Journey will be handling a film adaption of the video game Wii Sports. Is that factual information?

"Yessiree!"

It sounds like your marketing team has quite the uphill battle to conquer if they have the intention of convincing audiences that Wii Sports is a property that would benefit from a film adaption.

(Guthrie screams internally.)

Why was that project greenlit, if I may ask?

"I'm not gonna lie, mister man. Wii Sports is the fourth highest selling video game of all time (as of this writing). I think that's justification enough."

How does the film intend to expand on the license?

"Well, the director--who I can't reveal yet--did a very nice job with this one! The film tells five different stories at a time--that's one for each sport.

So, it borrows the multiple storyline technique from This Is Us?

"Absolutely! And all the characters are playing the sports, while simultaneously going through their melodramatic struggles! It's a miracle, you know what I'm sayin'?"

...Well, I'm sure you have a lot more projects you want to share with me at this time, but for time's sake (though it's really for the sake of the interviewer's sanity), I'll just ask about one more film.

"Alright, then. Which film you wanna talk about? Lay it on me."

I'll ask about the Yorgos Lanthimos film on your slate...

"Oh, you mean The Sandwich?"

Yep. The feature film that, for some reason, is titled "The Sandwich."

"Let me tell you what it's about. Cause it needs an explanation, you know what I'm sayin'?"

By all means, go ahead.

"It's a chamber drama set in a rich family's estate after World War II. There's this spoiled boy that isn't being raised to take care of himself, and the butler quite simply detests that. So, one day, the rest of the family's on vacation, and the boy asks the butler for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And you know what the butler does?"

What does he do?

"He refuses."

...Well, geez. That sounds riveting. (This is said unenthusiastically.)

"It's another Lanthimos masterpiece in the making, you know what I'm sayin'?"

(The interview ends abruptly.)

Player's Note:

Spoiler

So I've given it some thought, and I think I know my films are going to stand in the grand scheme of things when I start adding films in Year 5.

I think what I want to do as a player is not necessarily go for the 'highest grossing' of films, and not necessarily go for the longest-running franchise or cinematic universe, but to simply have some fun and put in films that are remarkably different from other films. I'm planning on having an eclectic set of films each time around; I'll probably try to have the animation branch and documentary branch of New Journey produce at least one film in the year, respectively. And for some of the films I put out, I think it'd be awesome to turn seemingly dumb concepts into some pretty riveting write-ups. I'm really glad that I found this game when I did and I'm really looking forward to participating!

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Slambros said:

(I really can't bring myself to study at the moment, so I'm moving 'next weekend' up to now.)

Today, CAYOM Magazine is interviewing the head of New Journey Pictures, Glenn Guthrie. And I must say, Glenn, this is a very exciting moment for the magazine and for the film industry as a whole.

"Thank you for having me. This is a pleasure, you know what I'm sayin'?"

So tell me, Glenn. When you founded New Journey Pictures, what was the vision you had in mind for the studio?

"It's all in the title, you know what I'm sayin'? We want to take viewers all over the world on new journeys. You know what I'm sayin'? NEW JOURNEYS."

Please elaborate.

"We want to give viewers of all ages new stories, new cinematic approaches, new experiences--whether they come in small or large packages."

Small or large packages?

"Yeah, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Please elaborate.

"We want to make an intriguingly diverse set of films. Some of our projects are the type that could easily be presented to the mass market, and others will rightfully be debuting in platform release, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Can you explain your reasoning behind the decision for New Journey to simultaneously produce wide and limited releases?

"As a studio, we want to be known for artistry, for creativity, for excellence. To us, it doesn't matter how many theaters a director's vision is meant for. We just wanna finance it, make it, and give it to those popcorn people, you know what I'm sayin'?"

I assume that, by that last adjective, you meant 'moviegoers'. Am I correct?

(Guthrie gives a blank stare.)

Okay then. Let's move on to New Journey's film slate for Year 5. One of the most interesting films you have lined up thus far is a live-action adaption of the manga/anime Banana Fish.

(Guthrie claps his hands together.)

"I am excited about that one."

It seems like it's shaping up to be a fairly standard crime drama with a significant portion of emotional substance from the platonic romance between the two lead characters.

"Uh-huh!"

Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about the project?

"I just think a project like this is the exact kind of wide release that viewers would propel towards a sleeper hit status. It's got the gritty, drug-trafficking, street-brawling action they want, plus the passionate core viewers don't know they want. And when audiences give us their money, it'll be a win-win-win, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Let's move on to the next project. I see that New Journey will be handling a film adaption of the video game Wii Sports. Is that factual information?

"Yessiree!"

It sounds like your marketing team has quite the uphill battle to conquer if they have the intention of convincing audiences that Wii Sports is a property that would benefit from a film adaption.

(Guthrie screams internally.)

Why was that project greenlit, if I may ask?

"I'm not gonna lie, mister man. Wii Sports is the fourth highest selling video game of all time (as of this writing). I think that's justification enough."

How does the film intend to expand on the license?

"Well, the director--who I can't reveal yet--did a very nice job with this one! The film tells five different stories at a time--that's one for each sport.

So, it borrows the multiple storyline technique from This Is Us?

"Absolutely! And all the characters are playing the sports, while simultaneously going through their melodramatic struggles! It's a miracle, you know what I'm sayin'?"

...Well, I'm sure you have a lot more projects you want to share with me at this time, but for time's sake (though it's really for the sake of the interviewer's sanity), I'll just ask about one more film.

"Alright, then. Which film you wanna talk about? Lay it on me."

I'll ask about the Yorgos Lanthimos film on your slate...

Oh, you mean The Sandwich?

Yep. The feature film that, for some reason, is titled "The Sandwich."

Let me tell you what it's about. Cause it needs an explanation, you know what I'm sayin'?

By all means, go ahead.

It's a chamber drama set in a rich family's estate after World War II. There's this spoiled boy that isn't being raised to take care of himself, and the butler quite simply detests that. So, one day, the rest of the family's on vacation, and the boy asks the butler for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And you know what the butler does?

What does he do?

He refuses.

...Well, geez. That sounds riveting. (This is said unenthusiastically.)

It's another Lanthimos masterpiece in the making, you know what I'm sayin'?

(The interview ends abruptly.)

Player's Note:

Reveal hidden contents

Hey, just a heads up, I am planning to use Yorgos Lanthimos in a Y5 film. However, and we may need to discuss with others, but if one film is a holiday release, and the other is for spring, it could possibly work. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spagspiria said:

Hey, just a heads up, I am planning to use Yorgos Lanthimos in a Y5 film. However, and we may need to discuss with others, but if one film is a holiday release, and the other is for spring, it could possibly work. 

Okay! I wouldn't mind having the film be either date.

• Like 1

@CAYOMMagazine

A directing shortlist of Lasse Hallstrom, Julie Taymor, and Niki Caro has emerged for what Numerator Pictures has described as a "fantasy musical" We're being told that the studio is being very tight-lipped on this particular venture. The untitled film is in the very earliest stages of development and we hear that the earliest this film will be produced and released is the end of Year 6.

• Like 3

Blankments Productions Will Take You To the Beginning, December Y5

Blankments Productions is proud to formally announce Children of Eden, a biblical epic to release in the holiday season of Y5. The film is directed by Alfonso Cuaron and will be shot by his frequent collaborator Emmanuel Lubezki. The music of the film will feature songs by Stephen Schwartz, with a few original songs just for the film. The score will be done by Steven Price working in close collaboration with Schwartz, so that the themes of the songs will be ever presence within the film.

The film will adapt a somewhat obscure Stephen Schwartz show that has never played Broadway, which tells the tale of the beginning of Genesis, from the beginning of the world to the Great Flood. However, Cuaron’s take on the film will only adapt act one of the musical, which covers the story of Adam and Eve and Cain and Abel. “Upon discussing this project with Steven,” Cuaron explained, “I told him I found his version of Noah not to be as compelling as the themes dealt with in act 1. We mutually came to the agreement that we would focus on making the best possible adaptation of act 1 rather than an unfocused sprawling mess.”

The film will also feature new plot developments not in the original. “In the original show, I glossed over a lot of the time spent by Adam and Eve wandering the wilderness before children and with their young children. As we have a lot more time to work with that with an entire act excised, I’m excited to bring those early days to life,” Schwartz stated.

The film features a strong ensemble cast. The Father will be portrayed by Keith David, and the first family will be made up of Chris Pine, Lupita Nyong’o, Anthony Ramos, and Ryan Potter. “I am proud to be portraying the very first woman,” Nyong’o said in a statement. “Alfonso and Stephen sold me on an intriguing take that portrays Eve unlike ever usually seen.”

The film will be shot in 3D and feature several long-takes. The budget is rumored to be around 200M, as the studio doesn’t want to spare any expense on bringing the pure wonder of creation and Eden to life. It’s aiming for a December 22 release date, but may not stick with that spot, hoping to land a prime spot within a sure-to-be crowded season.

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 5

On 10/28/2018 at 8:11 PM, cookie said:

@CayomMagazine

Ahead of their November 17th conference, Cookie Pictures has released a "nearly complete" cast list for The Scandinavia Chronicles: Baldur's Brow, directed by André Øvredal and set for release in theaters in July of Year 5.

Hera Hilmar as Helga

Stellan Skarsgård as Björk

Sofia Karemyr as Liva

Riz Ahmed as Sayed

Lars Mikkelsen as Erik, the Mad King of Denmark

Sela Ward as Frigga

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Malthe

Pilou Asbæk as Bilou

Peter Serafinowicz as Týr

with
Jake Gyllenhaal as Loki

and

Kenneth Branagh as Odin

@CayomMagazine

We’ve recieved confirmation today that rounding out the cast of The Scandinavia Chronicles is Keri Russell (The Americans) as Freyja, the Norse goddess of fertility.

Edited by cookie

@cayommagazine 

Earth Day Never Came

Spoiler

We open to the opening logos on a video monitor. The monitor then shows us an educational video. We see the current president, President Striker (Woody Harrelson), a well dressed man wearing a clean black suit. Striker explains it is the 600th anniversary of the The Final War, a grand nuclear war between all the countries in the planet for resources like water, clear air, and fuels, that have been used up by humanity. As a result, the population has drastically decreased along with countries, the planet has become unlivable and barren, and some animals were mutated in the process but that didn’t stop humanity from surviving, revealing that a program was made.

Spoiler

“This is perhaps our boldest project yet.” says Xavier B Irving, head of Endless Entertainment.

After possibly their best year yet, with hits like Can You Imagine (another win for the animation arm of the studio as it owns the top two biggest non Ducktales animated films domestically in CAYOM), Kingdom of The Sun and Blue and Gold, Endless Entertainment has had perhaps one it’s best year. Even Infinite Studios, their struggling sister studio has had hits with Food Wars and Cabana Boys as it still tries to find its place. However as affluent and still strongly growing as the studio is they’ve never had a big live action franchise.

Cookie Pictures has the very successful Voltron franchise (which have caused both Jake T Austin and Teissa Farmiga to reach superstardom) and The Scavenger Wars, Hourglass Pictures has the everstrong Spark franchise, Lager Pictures has the Odyssey franchise and Numerator has both Mass Effect and Pillars of Eternity. 

Sure, Blue and Gold will likely be a main franchise for the studio it’s always good to have ambition as Xavier Irving has said Y5 will be the formative year for the studio, noting their highly anticipated Dragon Ball: The Red Ribbon Saga (if results are solid, they have a plan for a five film arc), Alex Hirsch’s Barry Brookshire and The Case Of The Soul Key, as well as Endless Animation’s The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. However, this project is most imperative and expensive for Endless Entertainment with a whopping $265M budget.

Lost Earth is a major science fiction epic for the studio and hopes to spark a franchise. The studio originally bought a pitch idea from the highly acclaimed director George Miller (Mad Max: Fury Road, Happy Feet) back in Y2, titled Limitless, which was scheduled for Christmas Y3 at first and was about human arriving on the another planet but from the aliens perspective, having dimensions, and a bunch of other weird concept but both Miller and Irving found themselves not finding the right angle for it and the film was pushed back. However in September of Y3, after a meeting with James Cameron for a project and a tour of the studio, Cameron saw concept art and had an different idea and called up George Miller. Although he liked the idea of astronauts finding a new Earth after ruining it, he suggested two things. One was to scrap the alien idea as so many sci-fi CAYOM epic have used that angle but rather keep the humans and two instead suggested the planet be a post apocalyptic Earth with evolved humans and being it discovery for both. Two weeks later, they pitched it to Irving who loved the idea, green lighted it faster than any other Endless Entertainment project ever. Although George Miller will direct the project, he and Cameron are sharing writing and producing duties. Matt Reeves was bought on board primarily due to Miller being impressed with his work as well as some good story suggestions.

”This project is a weird mix of my own Avatar and Miller’s Mad Max, in the best way possible.” said Cameron

“Part of the reason why I took this project is not only due to the fact I saw so much potential in Cameron’s concept and we hit it off really but was to make a truly great film.” says Miller.

“It will be admittedly out of Endless Entertainment’s comfort zone” says Irving. “But you can’t repeat the same shtick forever, we here at Endless want to make not only fun films but great films, sure this is our first time with a project of this scale but there’s a first time for everything. And with the talent we have, I think we have a piece of art in the making”

Lost Earth starts 50 years into the future, a worldwide nuclear war dubbed “The Final War” where all countries fought each other due to the massive loss of resources like air and water thanks to our disregard for the planet. However, as select few countries (United States, China, United Kingdom, Brazil and South Africa) made a temporary truce to create the Voyage program, where a select group of a million people where whisked into space to find planets to colonize to avoid the fate in the future as well as the survival of the human race. 

600 years later, the human population has spread throughout multiple planets but still haven’t found a planet big enough for the whole species, as well as an over abundance of resources. The majority (50% of the population) lives on a giant spaceship that is actually a part of a small moon where resources are trucked in from other planets. The leader of the humans is the President William Striker (Woody Harrelson) a militant but very passionate leader. A decent amount of the population trains to become Voyagers, highly trained astronauts with vast scientific knowledge as well as piloting skill looking for habitual planets big enough for every one and are giving suits that allow oxygen flow and strongly enhance abilities as well as some other tools for survival, as they scope out a planet for six months. 

One of the finest Voyagers is history is one of our main protagonists, Samuel (Chris Pine), the grizzled no-nonsense veteran and leader of the Selene 6 (the most popular and successful Voyager crew). Samuel is also haunted as he the sole survivor of a mission gone wrong that killed his wife, who was also a Voyager. Despite his distant and at times zoned out attitude, he cares deeply for his crew despite them only working together for a year and has his moments.

Alexis, (Vanessa Kirby) the charismatic and overconfident pilot of the Selene 6 crew as well as Buck’s former flame. Alexis is also confirmed to be bisexual. Most of the film’s levity comes from Alexis

Buck (Jovan Adepo), the often deadpan and mature yet often flustered scientist of the Selene 6 crew. Buck is very analytical in nature and has a passion for nature. Buck also dearly loves his sister as the two have lost their parents at a young age forcing him to take care of his sister.

Letitia Wright as Naomi, the curious and optimistic newcomer of the Selene 6 crew and Buck’s younger sister. Naomi always has wanted to be a Voyager since she was a young child, and joined despite her brother’s disapproval mainly due to not wanting her to get hurt. Despite her inexperience, Naomi is still very skilled and has a strong bond with Samuel.

The Selene 6 crew went to a nearby but undiscovered galaxy but get caught in an asteroid storm. However, despite barely making it out of the storm, the trip sadly takes a turn for the worse and the crew get sucked into a black hole and wind up crash landing on a seemingly inhabited Earth in a desert with little oxygen as well as signs of resources and dangerous creatures along with the spaceship wrecked, and quickly must adapt to survive, and Naomi finds strangely a human like creature and follows it, which to the crew finds a shocking discovery: there’s still more humans alive but they’ve rapidly evolved to their environment.

Earth is split into two tribes as human has rapidly evolved to suit their climate to the toxic as well as barely breathable, scorching hot desert to the freezing cold polar landscapes formed during the nuclear fallout. The desert dwelling Torreges, (the Torregeans are on average 7 feet tall, scaly dusty sand like brown skin (think Ezen from Spark franchise with less lizard like), who are more advanced with their technology (the main city in the movie, has a huge dystopian steampunk flair to it) and whiskers and the arctic dwelling Glaucia (the Glaucians are shorter but still at average 5 and a half to 6 feet tall, have a lot more hair that almost resemble fur who are a bit more spiritual and old fashioned like the Native Americans of the past, showing huts). The two tribes are in conflict for land, resources and survival. 

We also got to see some of the creatures of each world via concept art. Torreges is home to giant bat like creatures with 20 foot wingspan with little spiked tips on each wing, jaguar/coyote like creatures and 25 feet tall giant scorpions with a scythe like tail that can cut through anything as well as poison (which the Torregeans have used as for battle against the Glaucians). Glaucia is home to mammoth with rhinoceros like features, multiple armed polar bears and giant iceberg like tortoises (the Glaucians also find uses for the creatures in battle).

The crew then meets the chief of the Torregeans, Primoter (played by Jude Law), a benevolent ruler of the tribe, focused on their survival and limited excessive resources to the most useful as well as powerful members of the tribe while leaving he scraps for the rest. Primoter agrees to help the Selene 6 crew get back home if they help them with crusade their more advanced technology. However, Naomi as in her nature discovers some hidden truths about both societies as the crew eventually become fractured on where their goals lies and should they help their evolved brethren.

Torregeans:

Alp (Christoph Waltz) is an advisor to Primoter as well as his second in command

Gipp (Tom Holland) is a lower class rebel of Torregean society who befriends Naomi. 

Finn (Nathalie Emmanuel) also plays one of the lower class rebels.

Glaucians:

Tunund (Mahershala Ali) the very cold and brutal leader of the Glaucians

Andy Serkis, Kit Harrington and Helen Mirren are also playing members of the tribes but in undisclosed roles but Serkis does play a shaman.

Also, a bunch of other highly respected actors have joined the cast of the film in currently undisclosed roles: Kate Winslet, Rosemund Pike, Miranda Raison, John C Riley, and Winston Duke.

Camerom confirms the film will be shot in 3D, “Some of the visuals here are breathtaking. You’ll need to see it in 3D as it’s so otherworldly.” says Cameron.

As for the rating, Miller said he’s pretty sure it’ll be PG-13 but in the vein of Pillars of Eternity or The Scavenger Wars. “If we feel the material needs to be R rated, we will. We won’t do it just because of a fad or won’t hesitate if the R rating boom stops. Our upmost concern is to make a great film.”

Lost Earth, is the only Endless Entertainment film with a whole release date coming out November 5th, Y5 in 3D, Dolby Cinema, IMAX 2D+3D and Cinerama (as the third act ala Spark: Beyond The Sky is shot in that format)

• Like 5

@cayommagazine 

Todrick Hall joins the cast of Endless Animation's untitled traditionally animated space musical joining Kiersey Clemons and David Thewlis. Todrick Hall will also help write songs with Kendrick Lamar and Lin Manuel Miranda.

• Like 1

Blankments Productions Will Take You To the North Pole, Thanksgiving Y5

After the film being in official development for a while, Blankments Productions is excited to reveal the reboot/sequel of The Santa Clause, coming out next Thanksgiving. A family comedy like its predecessors, it will take after sequels such as Halloween (2018) and Rocky Balboa with being simply titled The Santa Clause. The film is directed by Jake Kasdan and written by Kasdan, Nicholas Stoller and Kevin Hart. The three writers in addition to Dwayne Johnson will executive produce the film as well.

When Blankments Productions initially purchased the rights to The Santa Clause, Tim Allen, along with other original key creative minds for the franchise were contacted for their ideas on the direction of the franchise. Although BP ultimately decided to go with an idea by Kevin Hart, Tim Allen was still contacted for a role. Although a little miffed his idea was passed over, Allen agreed he could not take a lead role in the film, citing conflicts with his busy schedule as Secretary of Energy for Supreme Leader Trump. However, he has given the film his blessing and is still excited to take part in the film in a supporting role.

The film will star Kevin Hart as Kal Knight, an aspiring actor and stand-up comedian somewhat based on Hart himself. Dwayne Johnson will play George Roberts, his agent and best friend, and Kerry Washington will also star as Rachel Knight, Kal’s wife. Priah Ferguson will play Maya Knight, Kal’s daughter, and Tim Allen will return to his role as Scott Calvin, AKA Santa Claus. Elizabeth Mitchell and Eric Lloyd will also return to their roles as Carol Newman-Calvin and Charlie Calvin.

The film follows Kal during his first Christmas in Los Angeles after making his big break by booking a supporting role in Phoney Friends, a hit TBS comedy. Kal lives with Maya at George’s large mansion. When George books him for a stand-up gig on December 25 at one of Hollywood’s biggest nightclubs, it looks like they’ll be unable to spend Christmas with Rachel, who is stuck in Chicago for work. However, on Christmas Eve, Kal, Maya and George hear a mysterious noise from their roof, and after they investigate it, things will never be the same.

Blankments Productions is moving forward with an innovative idea to kick off the marketing of The Santa Clause, which is hoped to be the holiday event of Y5. On Christmas Day Y4, Blankments Productions will exclusively debut the teaser for the film in theaters. AMC, Regal, Landmark, Cinemark, National Amusements, Marcus and Harkins will all place the teaser in front of every PG or PG-13 film playing for one day only. This teaser will not be released online immediately, instead only going with a teaser poster to be released on Christmas Day. The teaser will be released online at some point in early Y5, in addition to being officially attached to a film.

The teaser will be sent out tonight to the theater chains though, as so to ensure that the screening quality is in tip-top shape for Christmas Day. The Santa Clause is scheduled for release on November 24, as a prime family attraction for the holiday weekend and throughout all of December.

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 3