Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

9 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Blankments Productions Will Take You To the North Pole, Thanksgiving Y5

After the film being in official development for a while, Blankments Productions is excited to reveal the reboot/sequel of The Santa Clause, coming out next Thanksgiving. A family comedy like its predecessors, it will take after sequels such as Halloween (2018) and Rocky Balboa with being simply titled The Santa Clause. The film is directed by Jake Kasdan and written by Kasdan, Nicholas Stoller and Kevin Hart. The three writers in addition to Dwayne Johnson will executive produce the film as well.

When Blankments Productions initially purchased the rights to The Santa Clause, Tim Allen, along with other original key creative minds for the franchise were contacted for their ideas on the direction of the franchise. Although BP ultimately decided to go with an idea by Kevin Hart, Tim Allen was still contacted for a role. Although a little miffed his idea was passed over, Allen agreed he could not take a lead role in the film, citing conflicts with his busy schedule as Secretary of Energy for Supreme Leader Trump. However, he has given the film his blessing and is still excited to take part in the film in a supporting role.

The film will star Kevin Hart as Kal Knight, an aspiring actor and stand-up comedian somewhat based on Hart himself. Dwayne Johnson will play George Roberts, his agent and best friend, and Kerry Washington will also star as Rachel Knight, Kal’s wife. Priah Ferguson will play Maya Knight, Kal’s daughter, and Tim Allen will return to his role as Scott Calvin, AKA Santa Claus. Elizabeth Mitchell and Eric Lloyd will also return to their roles as Carol Newman-Calvin and Charlie Calvin.

The film follows Kal during his first Christmas in Los Angeles after making his big break by booking a supporting role in Phoney Friends, a hit TBS comedy. Kal lives with Maya at George’s large mansion. When George books him for a stand-up gig on December 25 at one of Hollywood’s biggest nightclubs, it looks like they’ll be unable to spend Christmas with Rachel, who is stuck in Chicago for work. However, on Christmas Eve, Kal, Maya and George hear a mysterious noise from their roof, and after they investigate it, things will never be the same.

Blankments Productions is moving forward with an innovative idea to kick off the marketing of The Santa Clause, which is hoped to be the holiday event of Y5. On Christmas Day Y4, Blankments Productions will exclusively debut the teaser for the film in theaters. AMC, Regal, Landmark, Cinemark, National Amusements, Marcus and Harkins will all place the teaser in front of every PG or PG-13 film playing for one day only. This teaser will not be released online immediately, instead only going with a teaser poster to be released on Christmas Day. The teaser will be released online at some point in early Y5, in addition to being officially attached to a film.

The teaser will be sent out tonight to the theater chains though, as so to ensure that the screening quality is in tip-top shape for Christmas Day. The Santa Clause is scheduled for release on November 24, as a prime family attraction for the holiday weekend and throughout all of December.

No Canadian theatre chains are mentioned. :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

No Canadian theatre chains are mentioned. :(

Canadians chains will get it too! I just don't know them and so imagine this press release is made just for the United States.

It'll play top 3 Canadian chains as well

@BlankmentsProductions: Alright, two corrections from the previous Santa Clause announcements...

@BlankmentsProductions: The trailer, unlike previously reported, will be ONLY released in theaters. Come whenever we choose to release a trailer online, it'll be a different cut than the extended sneak peek audiences will get on Christmas Day.

@BlankmentsProductions: We also forgot a few cast members. Thomasin McKenzie will play the head elf, Randall Park is the creator of PHONEY FRIENDS, and Kaitlin Olson is a talk show host who is good friends with Kal.

And now, attached in front of showings of...

A Wish for Wings That Work

Crysis

The Dogs of Babel

Food Wars

Fortnight

Guys and Dolls

Home Invasion

Kingdom of the Sun

Sir Thymes Time

Spark: Beyond the Sky

at all the major theater chains (AMC, Regal, Landmark, Cinemark, National Amusements, Cineplex, Imagine Entertainment, Marcus and Harkins)

on Christmas Day, Y4 only: 

Blankments Production logo. Carol of the Bells plays lightly through B-roll of the North Pole. Elves work and you only see shots of Santa (Tim Allen) from behind. At the end of the voice-over, the music and B-roll fade out.

Santa (v.o.): The Santa Clause: In putting on the suit and entering the sleigh, the wearer waives any and all rights to any previous identity, real or implied, and fully accepts the duties and responsibilities of Santa Claus in perpetuity until such time that wearer becomes unable to do so by either accident or design. Meaning... if you put on the suit, that makes you the big guy.

NEXT CHRISTMAS

fades in and out, as the Nutcracker suite plays lightly through the rest of the trailer.

Kal (Kevin Hart) lies in bed, fast asleep when suddenly a THUMP is heard from above. Kal wakes up, but rolls over, trying to fall back asleep, when Maya (Priah Ferguson) runs in, petrified.

Maya: Daddy, did you hear that?!?

Kal grimaces but gets up, as George (Dwayne Johnson) runs in his room too.

George: What was that?
Kal: (to Erica) I'm sure it was nothing, sweetie. George has the best security here.
George: Man, I don't know about that. People act crazy on Christmas Eve. Haven't you ever seen Home Alone?

Maya looks at her father terrified while Kal looks at George, clearly annoyed.

Kal: Look, George, why don't you go check it out?
George: Man, that's too scary for me. (He winks.)
Kal: (a pause) What?
George: (disappointed) Come on man, we had a deal.

Cut to them in the living room. Maya is nowhere to be seen. A small card at the bottom of the screen reads "Two hours earlier..." George is doing push-ups while Kal reads on his iPad. George suddenly stops and stares at Kal. Kal puts down his iPad

Kal: What's up?
George: Look man, I know you've been having a bit of trouble with being "Father-of-the-year" material.
Kal: Father-of-the-Year? What do you mean by Father-of-the-Year?

George: Well, I don't think you'd consider yourself the frontrunner for that, right?

Kal: The year's done next week, George. I can win Father-of-the-Year next year.

George: Or you can come in with a photo finish and be Father-of-the-Year this year!

Kal gives George a confused look.

George: I'm just saying Maya seems a bit disappointed in you, that's all.

Kal: We're friends, right?
George: Yeah, buddy, of course we are.
Kal: Well, maybe my daughter wouldn't be so upset with me if my agent hadn't ruined her Christmas!
George: Always making excuses.
Kal: I don't make excuses! This is your fault!
George: You said yes!
Kal: Oh, now, we're victim-blaming huh?
George: Whatever.
Kal: You can't do anything wrong in Maya's eyes. She thinks you're so cool and I'm just the dorky dad with a TV show she's not old enough to watch.

George looks at his friend, understanding.

George: How's this? Next time I can do something ridiculously cool, I'll let you do it. I'll even help you do it.
Kal: Is this my Christmas present?
George: Sure!
Kal: ...eh, whatever.

Back to the bedroom.

Kal: Oh... George, can we talk for a second? Be right back Maya!

In the bathroom.

Kal: Look, I didn't mean checking out someone breaking into our house!
George: Man, you gotta do it. If you don't do it, I will and then I'll keep being your daughter's favorite. And I'm not even related to her!
Kal: Ugh, fine.

Cut to outside the house. There's clearly someone in a red jacket standing on the roof, who seems to be searching for something up there. Maya hides behind her dad while George nudges Kal.

Kal: (nervous but still shouting) Hey, what are you doing up there?

The person is revealed to be Santa Claus. He smiles for a second and waves.

Kal: What the h-

Santa suddenly slips and starts falling down the roof. As he slides off the side, we hear him scream:

He hits the ground. Cut to black.

Kal, George, and Maya stand around looking down in a POV shot. It's revealed they're looking at an empty coat.

Kal: What....

Kal picks up the coat. It's way too big for him.

Kal: You want this, George?
Maya: Daddy, you should wear it.
Kal: Aw, no, Daddy's just fine with what he's got on.

Maya sighs at her dad, and George looks at Kal, and whispers:

George: "father-of-the-year..."

Kal sighs, and then looks at Maya and smiles. He puts on the suit.

CHRISTMAS Y5

Kevin in the Santa suit sits behind the sleigh on the roof. Maya sits next to him while George looks at them in the back.

KEVIN HART IS...

The sleigh takes off.

THE SANTA CLAUSE

George looks off the back of the sleigh. He screams in terror.

Maya: Calm down, George.
Kal: Yeah, what's up with you?
George: I'm scared of heights.

The sleigh flies above the clouds to the sound of Kal and Maya laughing with delight and George screaming in horror.

Dwayne Johnson

Kerry Washington

Thomasin McKenzie

Randall Park

Kaitlin Olson

with Tim Allen

and introducing Priah Ferguson

NOVEMBER 24

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

@cayommagazine

After the rousing success of Food Wars, Infinite Studios inks a five picture first look deal with Will Packer Productions to create films. It is interesting to note not all of the films in the deal will be comedies or live action. Their next projects are as follows and are aiming for a Y5/Y6 release:

Instant Karma, a hybrid family comedy blending computer animation with live action, where a loving father yet notorious criminal (Kevin Hart) who is about to get married in five days, is killed in an accident during his bachelor party. In an effort to reunite with his loved ones, the theif begs for another chance at life is reincarnated as a housefly, and realizes the more he changes for the better, the better creature he is reborn as and must work his way back up to his normal human body.

Instant Karma will be directed by Tim Story, Kevin Hart’s Hartbeat Productions will co produce the project, Animal Logic will provide the animation for the project and will arrive Y6.

Child Support, a dramedy where an egotistical and rather isolated billionaire has learned he has three kids and must learn to be a good father or loses the one thing he cares about most: money.

Child Support will be directed by Etan Cohen and will arrive Y5.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

@CayomMagazine

What's this? Rumors are flurrying of another announcement from Cookie Pictures Animation expected for November 17th, allegedly the studio's first stab at a musical. We're hearing former Pixar producer Darla K. Anderson is involved.

@CayomMagazine

We've heard back from our trusted source at Cookie Pictures. "Oh, it's real" he tells us. "Peters wants it fast-tracked for a Year 5 release. Wether they can meet his request given the overall conglomerate's already busy slate is another concern, but Peters seems to really strongly believe in it after the initial pitch. Like on the level he fell for SkyRiders, so you know they're going to push it."

@CayomMagazine

"Think of it as a combination of A Star is Born, Coco, Notes From the Otherspace, Once and A Silent Voice. They're going all in with the music."

@CayomMagazine

"If it happens for Y5, and that's a big if, they're aiming for a November release. A Crackle in Time is far enough away to not be a concern apparently, plus it's being semi-platformed."

• Like 1
  • Astonished 4

17 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

So i take it animal crossing is not happening y5 then @cookie

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Still on the docket but wether Y5 or Y6 will depend on my mood.

13 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m confused on what you mean by this.

I'm thinking a limited release in mid-November and a wide release in late November/early December.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm thinking a limited release in mid-November and a wide release in late November/early December.

You had to make things difficult for Squirrel Girl :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Bought Time she got to direct a project, I’m hyped to say the least. Guessing this’ll be a traditionally animated project.

I'm half and half on whether 2D or CG animation but it's leaning towards the former.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

I'm half and half on whether 2D or CG animation but it's leaning towards the former.

A Paperman/Feast style would be cool. It blends both and it worked well for Pigeon in Y3.

• Like 1