Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

Just now, 4815162342 said:

That's a solid amount of money for the cast.

Yep. This is a stupid big blockbuster without any planned sequels or anything so I'm just kind of going all-out/ridiculous budget-wise. If it flops it flops :P 

GOLD CRESCENT PICTURES BEGINS CONSTRUCTION ON IN-HOUSE CINERAMA THEATRE

Cinerama_Mockup_1.png

Computer rendering of the plans for the on-site Gold Crescent Cinerama theatre, showing the massive, deeply-curved screen.

In preparation for their upcoming film The Knight - the first feature film shot in Cinerama in 55 years - Gold Crescent Pictures will be building a brand new single-auditorium Cinerama theatre on their studio lot. While it will not be open to the public, the theatre will serve multiple purposes for the studio. Firstly, it will be a real-world testing location for the digital 4K single-projector process of showing Cinerama from a specially corrected DCP on the format's trademark 146-degree curved screen. A combination of early test footage shot for the upcoming production as well as vintage Cinerama films will be shown in the theatre to studio executives, technicians, and Knight director Doug Liman in order to fine-tune and approve the process, which is expected to be the primary release format for true Cinerama-screen exhibition of the film. Secondly, it will be made available to the filmmakers of The Knight in post-production for screening and approving VFX shots, edits, color timing, and other tweaks. After the bulk of post-production on The Knight is completed, the on-site theatre will also be used to hold demonstrations of Cinerama for the industry press with select scenes from the movie being screened. It will also be the site of the Cinerama-format test audience screenings for The Knight (separate test screenings for the "Smilebox" formatted version for regular screens will be held in standard commercial theatres).

Cinerama_Theatre_3.png

This CG concept image simulates projection of actual panoramic Cinerama test footage shot for The Knight onto the immersive screen.

The auditorium is state-of-the-art, featuring a Christie 4K laser projector, Dolby Atmos sound system with 39 individually-addressable speaker channels for the object-based format, 145 seats and 8 wheelchair spaces, and of course the deeply-curved, louvered Cinerama screen which measures roughly 55 feet wide by 28 feet high. If The Knight is a success, Gold Crescent hopes to produce more pictures in the panoramic movie format and will continue to maintain the auditorium as a Cinerama post-production and test screening facility. In the event that the Cinerama experiment fails, however, a traditional flat screen in the 1.85:1 ratio can be easily installed in front of the Cinerama screen without any other changes to the auditorium, allowing the theatre to be used for similar purposes on standard-format films.

Cinerama_Theatre_2.png

CG-rendered view from the back row of the theatre.

• Like 4

I'm gonna try something different for Cassia and The Valkyries. It's going to be an animated musical, but I will be writing the lyrics to the songs myself. The official songwriters would be Benji Pasek and Justin Paul (Dear Evan Hansen, La La Land) but pretend I'm them for a moment, haha.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spaghetti! said:

I'm gonna try something different for Cassia and The Valkyries. It's going to be an animated musical, but I will be writing the lyrics to the songs myself. The official songwriters would be Benji Pasek and Justin Paul (Dear Evan Hansen, La La Land) but pretend I'm them for a moment, haha.

I kinda want to do the same sometime, but I don't feel like assigning a specific songwriter since there's a good chance I'll completely miss their style.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

I kinda want to do the same sometime, but I don't feel like assigning a specific songwriter since there's a good chance I'll completely miss their style.

Considering how the film is set in the 60s/70s, I think I might have it emulate less their specific style and more popular music of the decade. I'm already planning a "Disney acid sequence" with a Beatles/David Bowie esque song. If applicable, I'll probably include a link to the song that inspired it.

• Like 1

STRUGGLING MV PICTURES SELLS 'SWAT KATS' TO TRICRESCENT MEDIA

Sketchy Hollywood studio MV Pictures finally has its first certified hit of the year in their animated action flick SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron, but the company is well aware the profits from that one film won't be enough to keep them afloat. In a desperate deal, MV Pictures has sold the sequel rights to the film to rival TriCrescent Media, who plan to develop the property into a franchise under their Rising Crescent kid-flick label. Under the deal, MV Pictures will retain all box office profits from the first movie, and their existing home video deal with Shout Factory stands as well - TriCrescent won't be getting a piece of that pie. But the imperiled MV Pics won't have any stake in TriCrescent's sequels, as the studio sold off the property for an undisclosed lump sum. After the toxic response to The Ultimate Prank and the mediocre performance of Hive Havoc, we hear Rising Crescent is moving fast on a SWAT Kats follow-up in an attempt to bolster their brand.

48 minutes ago, Xillix said:

STRUGGLING MV PICTURES SELLS 'SWAT KATS' TO TRICRESCENT MEDIA

Sketchy Hollywood studio MV Pictures finally has its first certified hit of the year in their animated action flick SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron, but the company is well aware the profits from that one film won't be enough to keep them afloat. In a desperate deal, MV Pictures has sold the sequel rights to the film to rival TriCrescent Media, who plan to develop the property into a franchise under their Rising Crescent kid-flick label. Under the deal, MV Pictures will retain all box office profits from the first movie, and their existing home video deal with Shout Factory stands as well - TriCrescent won't be getting a piece of that pie. But the imperiled MV Pics won't have any stake in TriCrescent's sequels, as the studio sold off the property for an undisclosed lump sum. After the toxic response to The Ultimate Prank and the mediocre performance of Hive Havoc, we hear Rising Crescent is moving fast on a SWAT Kats follow-up in an attempt to bolster their brand.

Sounds like MV Pictures' CEO needs some disciplining :P

9 minutes ago, spaghetti! said:

Change of plan: Adam McKay will direct Cyber, while Daron Nefcy will direct Cassia and the Valkyries. MacLaren and Butler have reportedly dropped out to work on Y3 and Y4 projects for the studio.

Man MacLaren's getting ditched a lot lately.

@O$corpPictures: "Ava DuVernay secures director spots for Y3 and Y4 with studio. Studio creating annual female centric films with Mara, Daughter of the Nile being the first."

@O$corpPictures: "Y3: Redeeming Love- Romantic Christian Drama and Y4: Female Man- Science Fiction, Ava DuVernay to direct both."