Grade it  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

"That's enough."

A phenomenal film about humanity's cruelty and compassion. Dunkirk is a film only Nolan could make, a story of hope that completes with a nightmarish ending. Utter terror is what the characters feel throughout all of Dunkirk, and by the end, the audience is tired. Tired of staring at the horrors portrayed, tired of hearing how terrible the sounds of gunfire are, and tired of war's inherent tragedy. Even without the IMAX format, this is what pure bravado cinema can be, something utterly thrilling to watch but even more distressing to think about afterwards. What a haunting work. What an extraordinary accomplishment. A+

• Like 1

Not my type of movie. I dont dig in war movies (few exceptions though). 

Just because i didn't like it i cannot say it's Nolan's weakest in recent times. 

War scenes looked real one thing which must be appreciated as nolan made sure its real and the cinematography needs special mention. 

5/10

I liked the movie. 

but I appreciated more as an educational piece and technical marvel

I wasn't really invested in any of the characters

I liked the film the same way you might like a really good educational documentary on The History Channel

still I will definitely watch it again

Although the lack of a big screen and excellent sound system does decrease its impact, Dunkirk still stands as incredible filmmaking thanks to Nolan's strongest direction yet. The year's most technically strong film, and a riveting piece all around. A+