CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

dunkirk-poster.jpg

We are finally here. The day has come...

tenor.gif

We are all gathered here to celebrate the new movie from director Christopher Nolan. The masterpiece blockbuster Dunkirk will start playing in theaters around the country 6 PM on Thursday. I know we all want to enjoy this weekend together and have a good time. And while the BAN HAMMER will most certainly drop, I am sure most of the time it will be cool and fun to hang around in this thread.

This weekend, posting a spoiler will result in an immediate Box Office Discussion Forum ban. You will not be given a warning. 

DO NOT POST SPOILERS. NOT EVEN SPOILERS UNDER SPOILER TAGS. DISCUSS DUNKIRK SPOILERS HERE:

This goes for all new releases usually but this is a huge weekend and we will not tolerate any spoilers what so ever for Dunkirk (or Girls Trip (but Valerian is fine because nobody is actually gonna see it :rofl:)).

We're looking forward to a great weekend and we realize the over-excitement (or meltdowns) can cause the thread to go off topic. @That One Guy this is specifically directed at you because nobody else gives a shit, control yourself when Valerian bombs hard and below titles like Ghost in the Shell, Jupiter Ascending and even Life. We all warned you this was gonna tank. Accept it and move on to your next stanning failure.

We will be allowing everyone to post freely as long as the off topic discussions don't go overboard. I understand some of you, like me, like to discuss Pokemon, ask yourselves if @WrathOfHan truly isn't a casual or if Game of Thrones isn't just really a goofy af fantasy TV show, but please, try to keep things on topic most of the time.

Keep it neutral, and keep it to a numbers discussion, and you'll be fine. If it becomes something other than that, you risk a temporary ban. So, tread lightly, please.

There is gonna be a special sale this weekend to celebrate the summer. @Water Bottle

• Like 7
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

@That One Guy this is specifically directed at you because nobody else gives a shit, control yourself when Valerian bombs hard and below titles like Ghost in the Shell, Jupiter Ascending and even Life. We all warned you this was gonna tank. Accept it and move on to your next stanning failure.

NO.  I REFUSE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Community Manager

The sale is now live.

We're doing 50% off the Gold Monthly and 25% off the Gold Annual.

This our special summer sale and probably the only sale we'll have until November.

:)

Remember if you want JUST the numbers please go to

Please feel free to share numbers, charts, and data on both threads for maximum exposure. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

This thread title is inaccurate. 

:WHATanabe: 

This is true. Girls Trip is not this year's Bad Moms, it's the savior of the bedraggled R-rated comedy genre (the highest 3-day opening for one this year is Snatched with $19.5M, yeesh).

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Ummm yeah. think Valerian is actually gonna do real good

If by "real good" you mean $15-16M for the weekend then yeah, then I guess it will do real good. It's selling terribly at all of the theaters with reserved seating around me this evening.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If by "real good" you mean $15-16M for the weekend then yeah, then I guess it will do real good. It's selling terribly at all of the theaters with reserved seating around me this evening.

Nah. It's going high 20s low 30s

15 minutes ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

This thread title is inaccurate. 

:WHATanabe: 

It is a joke, old man.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is true. Girls Trip is not this year's Bad Moms, it's the savior of the bedraggled R-rated comedy genre (the highest 3-day opening for one this year is Snatched with $19.5M, yeesh).

Thanks for the suggestion.