CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So is Nolan the first movie this summer to defy SUPERHERO LAW? :insane:

And there was also Baby Driver. :kitschjob:

Could this be...

STAR DIRECTOR LAW MIXED WITH TOMATO LAW!!! :ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

Or we could just stop it with the dumb BS laws.

Well at least I tried.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

How long is the sale?

Monday or Tuesday or whenever next week I remember to turn it off.

The sale is for one month (or one year) only. So if you get it, price will jump to $15 if you chose to renew. All renewals are manual not automatic so don't worry about getting charged if you don't want to pay the full price.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Or we could just stop it with the dumb BS laws.

Well at least I tried.

I think I'm onto something this time. :insane:

The formula is:

Director + Tomato Law  > Superhero Law > All other Laws

Star Wars, computer animation and live action Disney adaptations are immune to all laws.

Now watch me win the Winter Game using my formula. :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Doubters VS Tomato Law

When Apes scored incredible high rating on RT

1sv886.jpg   1sv8g7.jpg

1sv8yw.jpg  4979248-2988916176-tumbl.gif

After Apes's $56.3m opening:

1sv98n.jpg   msXPpt.gif

and Nolan come in with his DUNKIRK:   

EP3_IA_94442.jpg  1sv9wt.jpg

NOLAN made his decision!!!!                                                                     Doubters!! 

o12ff.gif  maxresdefault.jpg

After incredible thrusday preview number from DUNKIRK:

TOMATO LAW BE LIKE!!!

unlimited-power.gif

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Monday or Tuesday or whenever next week I remember to turn it off.

The sale is for one month (or one year) only. So if you get it, price will jump to $15 if you chose to renew. All renewals are manual not automatic so don't worry about getting charged if you don't want to pay the full price.

Can you purchase an account using a Visa Gift Card?

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2017/07/dunkirk-valerian-girls-trip-weekend-box-office-opening-1202132847/

‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth With $16M

Friday, 2nd update, 12:47PM: Warner Bros.’ Dunkirk is poised to overperform as originally expected off its great word of mouth and film reviews. Industry estimates see the film landing between $19.5M-$22M today with three-day that’s at $55M-plus. That figure beats both the 3-day ($47.5M) and 5-day ($49.7M) of Christopher Nolan’s previous movie Interstellar. That sci-fi-think film cost $165M before P&A and was in the black with more than $47M-plus.  Dunkirk carries a net production cost around $150M. Some rival estimates even think Dunkirk could get to $57M-$59M.

Updated PostTrak stats shows a 64% turnout among men for Dunkirk who gave it a 90% positive score. Men under 25 at 18% of the crowd still love the Nolan film the most at 96% positive. Overall is a glowing 88% positive score. Caucasians repped 67% of the audience followed by Hispanics at 16%, 8% Asian and 7% African American. Last night Imax screens made $1.6M at 402 auditoriums.

In second, Universal’s R-rated Girls Trip looks to be the only comedy working this summer in regards to its less-than-$20M production cost. The Malcolm D. Lee-directed title is set to log $12.5M today per industry forecasts with a FSS take between $27.5M-$31M. Lee’s The Best Man Holiday scored the director his best opening at the B.O. with $30.1M. Girls Trip received an 82% positive score overall with women over 25, who made up 60%, giving it an 88% positive. Definite recommend here of 67%. Thirty-nine percent came because it was a comedy, while 30% came for Jada Pinkett Smith, Queen Latifah, Regina Hall and Tiffany Haddish. Fifty-two percent of all ticket buyers were African American, 27% Caucasian, 13% Hispanic and 6% Asian

currently the holdovers look to make EuropaCorp/STXfilms’ Valerian, currently estimated around$16M over three-days, an afterthought with Spider-Man: Homecoming ($20M weekend 3), War for the Planet of the Apes ($18.5M) and Despicable Me 3 ($17M) piling on top of Luc Besson’s opus. Valerian is looking at $6M today based off midday matinees.

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

http://deadline.com/2017/07/dunkirk-valerian-girls-trip-weekend-box-office-opening-1202132847/

‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $51M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth With $16M

That would be a very nice # for Dunkirk

Edited by Jayhawk