CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't think any theater has more than 10 showings for it a day.

Many theaters have standard screenings during the afternoon and night, even for 3D heavy films. 

Its opening day and they only have two standard screenings before 12 in the afternoon? Alittle weird for my theater.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

See it in 3D as Luc Besson intended. It's gorgeous. 

Can't. I wear regular glasses, and then I gotta put 3D glasses in front of my regular glasses and wearing two sets of glasses just doesn't work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Soooooooo Valerian. The first 30-40 minutes are a lot of fun, but there's only one other section of the film where I was actively engaged. Rihanna and Ethan Hawke are the MVPs for sure (Latter is deffo my new icon in the near future). Cara is good in this, but good FUCK is Dane bad. Like Jesus. This guy is so wooden. The visuals are pretty dank though.

Agreed on most of that. First 30-40 minutes are the best part. Cara was the best she's ever been, but I also didn't mind DeHaan (it was his character which I thought kinda sucked) but he pulled it off fine. 

Thought one big issue, particularly with the second act is that so much happened so quick that it was just like drinking out of a fire hose, even the visuals which admittedly were beautiful.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Actually, something I want to comment on with Valerian's 3D: was it just my screening, or was there A LOT of ghosting?

THERE WAS OHMYGOD I THOUGHT I WAS GOING CRAZY

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Agreed on most of that. First 30-40 minutes are the best part. Cara was the best she's ever been, but I also didn't mind DeHaan (it was his character which I thought kinda sucked) but he pulled it off fine. 

Thought one big issue, particularly with the second act is that so much happened so quick that it was just like drinking out of a fire hose, even the visuals which admittedly were beautiful.

That's actually a perfect description :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

http://variety.com/2017/film/box-office/box-office-dunkirk-girls-trip-valerian-opening-weekend-1202502419/

Christopher Nolan’s “Dunkirk” is dominating the box office and heading for a surprisingly strong opening weekend of at least $50 million from 3,720 North American locations, early estimates showed Friday.

Opening day for the highly-praised Warner Bros. World War II drama is heading for more than $20 million, including $5.5 million in Thursday night previews. As of early Friday afternoon, the studio is maintaining its guidance of a Friday-Sunday total in the $35 million to $40 million range, but rivals are forecasting that the final figure will be far higher — ranging from $53 million to $62 million.

Universal’s launch of R-rated comedy “Girls Trip” is also performing solidly with an opening day of around $12 million, portending a launch weekend of at least $25 million at 2,591 sites. Elsewhere, the launch of Luc Besson’s high-priced sci-fi epic “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets” appears to be coming in below even the most modest expectations at around only $18 million from 3,553 venues.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

giphy.gif

If you haven't seen Allied, watch it now.

In other news, Kyrie wants out of Cleveland and no longer wants to play alongside Lebron troll.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Can't. I wear regular glasses, and then I gotta put 3D glasses in front of my regular glasses and wearing two sets of glasses just doesn't work.

I'm curious about this. I also wear 3D glasses over regular glasses and I've never had a problem. When you say it doesn't work, do you mean that it's too uncomfortable? Or do you not get a 3D effect?

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

I still have no idea what's going on in this GIF. :lol: 

Brad Pitt ripped his pants so Marion Cottillard is kindly stitching them back up. This brings Pitt a great deal of satisfaction.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6