CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Neither are good choices. Kingsman dude would've been good.

Yepp, Eggsy would have been another good choice. As I said: You need to be charming. If you're charming, you'll have people root for you. That's all that matters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Neither are good choices. Kingsman dude would've been good.

I'm going to go with a left field choice and say they should've got John Boyega to lead Valerian.

He's looking good in sci fi recently like TFA and the Pacific Rim 2 trailer.

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Yepp, Eggsy would have been another good choice. As I said: You need to be charming. If you're charming, you'll have people root for you. That's all that matters. 

I don't think star power saves Valerian unless they got DiCaprio or Denzel.

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

I'm going to go with a left field choice and say they should've got John Boyega to lead Valerian.

He's looking good in sci fi recently like TFA and the Pacific Rim 2 trailer.

Boyega in Valerian would be very problematic with him already being in SW. Those universes seem way too close, I don't think people would buy it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I don't think star power saves Valerian unless they got DiCaprio or Denzel.

I'm not talking about Starpower, but about type-casting, audiences expect in such a movie. I see, that is tempting for directors to think they can break some barriers down, but in the end, they usually fail.

Just now, Poseidon said:

I'm not talking about Starpower, but about type-casting, audiences expect in such a movie. I see, that is tempting for directors to think they can break some barriers down, but in the end, they usually fail.

Yes, sometimes directors try to get cute with casting and often it leads to bad results.