marveldcfox

Ballerina | June 6, 2025 | John Wick Universe| Lionsgate | Len Wiseman (Underworld, Die Hard 4) directs

6 hours ago, Eric Carey said:

The pandemic really derailed the year of Ana De Armas. She was coming off the high of Knives Out, then had a scene stealing turn in No Time To Die just weeks away which would have been followed up by Blonde and the coverage of her relationship with Affleck enroute to an Oscar nom and possible win.

Now a lot of that momentum dissipated, the Affleck relationship defining image is Casey Affleck dumping the De Armas cutout in the trash and the reception to Blonde is.... mixed to say the least

Wonder if this is what John Wick 5 was...or turned into? 

Because they've been all quiet on that one for a long while...and now with McShane and Reeves in this...

The selfish part of me wants that to be true because Stahelski wants to finally start-up Highlander... but he's got about 8 other projects on the fire, too, I know...any one of which may go ahead first.

Edited by Macleod

On 1/31/2024 at 2:42 AM, crazymoviekid said:

Save Us, Chad

Len Wiseman making a mess isn't too surprising. Entrusting him with a beloved property like John Wick is almost as bad as giving the Cloverfield Paradox guy a Captain America movie. And now both studios are paying the price by having to essentially remake their respective movies, possibly making them even worse as seen by Josstice League. If I was a shareholder for either I'd be pissed and call for their heads.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Len was a good action director a long time ago, so I wouldn't say it looked like a bad choice initially.

His Die Hard and the first Underworld were pretty cool, but then he sorta got put in the director's jail for over 10 years after Total Recall. Was it really that bad of a fumble?