MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

Atomic Blonde should do about $20M for the weekend since it likely skews over 25. It only needs to make over $45M to enter Focus Features' top 10 of all time and cost just $30M so it'll end up a decent little hit in the end.

6 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

OMG the emoji movie has a 1.7 on IMDB

That would put in the all time bottom #5 on the site!

Epic in a bad way

Normally I'd be weary since most of those people probably haven't watched the film yet, but in this case, I'd be surprised if that score moves up very much by the end of it's run, if at all, given these reviews.

• Like 1

Just now, XO21 said:

Emoji

Dark Tower

The Star

Jumanji

Bombs away. Sony is a backslash magnet..Rough Night, Emoji, The Star and Jumanji trailers have all a lot of dislikes :stretcher:

Jumanji has potential though. I think reviews will be Daddy's Home esque and do $200M

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Atomic Blonde should do about $20M for the weekend since it likely skews over 25. It only needs to make over $45M to enter Focus Features' top 10 of all time and cost just $30M so it'll end up a decent little hit in the end.

It should do decently OS as Universal are handling distribution. I like the fact they're expanding into mid budget action film in addition to the more prestige films they're known for. 

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Why does the IMDB score matter lol

I believe SNATCHED had like a 3.3 when it came out but it wasn't really hated that much

IMDB is still a troll magnet even after doing away with the forums.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

Well Baby Driver proved that's not the case

Baby Driver was the exception to the rule probably due to the fact it was made by Tristar rather than either Columbia or SPA. I suspect Universal will try and nab Edgar Wright for his next film given they turned down Baby Driver.

Sony at least has a success in Spider-Man but I don't know if it's going to be enough, they have Blade Runner 2049 as they're distributing OS which should at least a critical success.

Just now, Jonwo said:

Baby Driver was the exception to the rule probably due to the fact it was made by Tristar rather than either Columbia or SPA. I suspect Universal will try and nab Edgar Wright for his next film given they turned down Baby Driver.

Sony at least has a success in Spider-Man but I don't know if it's going to be enough, they have Blade Runner 2049 as they're distributing OS which should at least a critical success.

There's a good chance like 2016 none of their 2018 films can do $500M WW or even $400M WW

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Emoji

Dark Tower

The Star

Jumanji

Bombs away. Sony is a backslash magnet..Rough Night, Emoji, The Star and Jumanji trailers have all a lot of dislikes :stretcher:

Not to forget...GB2016.

I haven't looked at Pixels dislikes number, but could be high.

SMH's bo is a blessing for them. They must have done double flips to get Craig on for Bond 25.

For their sake and sake of more healthy competition, I am rooting for them to actually succeed with Animated SM, Venom, Silver Cable etc.

Also instead of Emoji and Smurfs, hope their animation department can give us some Cloudy and Aardman-like quality once again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XO21 said:

Emoji

Dark Tower

The Star

Jumanji

Jumanji is going to be a huge hit and Dark Tower is guaranteed not to bomb because of the budget....in fact none of these are going to bomb as the budget for all of them is relatively low.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

SMH's bo is a blessing for them. They must have done double flips to get Craig on for Bond 25.

Also instead of Emoji and Smurfs, hope their animation department can give us some Cloudy and Aardman-like quality once again.

SPA needs a shake up and badly otherwise they'll be gone in a couple of a years. 

Sony don't have Bond at the moment as their contract with MGM and EON expired and it's looking likely Warner Bros might be taking over distributing Bond.

• Like 2