MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

Oh, not getting why there's any non-takers with Atomic Blonde... Makes John Wick and John Wick looks like the work of an amateur. This dude's directing Deadpool 2? No way it's gonna be as mainstream as 1. But, fuck, it'll more to my liking. Atomic Blonde was borderline incredible... That stairwell sequence. Holy fuck. McAvoy, Theron, Jones, Goodman... But, man, wasted Boutella a bit.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Oh, not getting why there's any non-takers with Atomic Blonde... Makes John Wick and John Wick looks like the work of an amateur. This dude's directing Deadpool 2? No way it's gonna be as mainstream as 1. But, fuck, it'll more to my liking. Atomic Blonde was borderline incredible... That stairwell sequence. Holy fuck. McAvoy, Theron, Jones, Goodman... But, man, wasted Boutella a bit.

The stairwell sequence is definitely an amazing bit, but I found the narrative structure to be too cute for its own good and the soundtrack overbearing frequently. Made the movie feel a lot longer than it really is. There's a better movie within there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrPink said:

The stairwell sequence is definitely an amazing bit, but I found the narrative structure to be too cute for its own good and the soundtrack overbearing frequently. Made the movie feel a lot longer than it really is. There's a better movie within there.

The problem with the story is that it merely exists to get from one action scene to another and makes no fucking sense. I'm fine with it because of how good the action is, but it prevents a good movie from being great. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The problem with the story is that it merely exists to get from one action scene to another and makes no fucking sense. I'm fine with it because of how good the action is, but it prevents a good movie from being great. 

I fucking love Berlin though, there's that.

Cool setting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It took my breath away :sparta:

The soundtrack would've been REALLY on the nose if that was there :lol: 

I would be all over that as someone who loves that song WAY too much

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I would be all over that as someone who loves that song WAY too much

I was doing a fist pump in my mind when Father Figure played. SO FUCKING GOOD.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Definitely too much of a good thing too often. But, the action wasn't numbing and overwhelming as Wick Chapter 2... I found it more to what I like that Chapter 2. Of the tandem, I'm pretty sure I like Leitch more than Stahelski. Lacked the heart of Wick and blunt force never ending lunacy of Wick 2 but it actually had some kind of narrative to follow. Little very, very little to Wick and Wick 2 aside from the stunts and action. I'd say my biggest qualm is forcing Tarkovsky's Stalker in there. But, man, I don't know. The look of Boutella, Theron, McAvoy was phenomenal. The neon lights, explosions of blood and greys, blacks and browns all clashing in Berlin was gorgeous. Sounds design and mixing outstanding as well. Oh, my man Eddie Marsan's fun to watch as always too. And, felt it captured graphic novel/comic book pulped out tone better than Wick/Wick 2 as well.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer