MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

6 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

In all businesses, there are ups and downs with who is dominating. 

Disney, itself, has been King of the Mountain and the biggest joke in showbiz. Right now... the former but yes the day will come when they peter out again and someone else dominates. Lather, rinse, repeat.

As for A Wrinkle in Time, I still think best case scenario we'll looking at Oz: The Great & Powerful numbers. DuVernay isn't the figure to the GA that Social Media proclaims her to be... and frankly she needs to get off it altogether and just make fucking movies. 

How is Disney the biggest joke?

They get positive reviews, they keep the biggest fanbases happy and they're dominating the blockbuster genre.

If they're the biggest joke then the other studios ain't laughing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I do. But I like do something nice every now and then. Not to mention I change more for movies.

Ah, my bad. The way the other poster made it sound I thought that's what you did every time you were with them.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think even Disney knew it would flop. The only flop they didn't see coming was Alice 2.

Even that they should have seen coming. Hell, even more so.

Ditto The BFG (Said it before, say it again - a Christmas release opening on July 4th weekend - the fuck were they thinking?!) that summer and the "Eh" reception to Pete's Dragon.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

They get positive reviews, they keep the biggest fanbases happy and they're dominating the blockbuster genre.

He's saying they used to be the biggest joke. Which is a pretty fair assessment; they had some pretty dire years before they got to where they are now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

He meant they've been both things before: top of the mountain and the biggest joke. They are obviously top of the mountain right now.

• Like 4

Just now, grey ghost said:

You clearly didn't comprehend what I said.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

He meant they've been both things before: top of the mountain and the biggest joke. They are obviously top of the mountain right now.

1 minute ago, filmnerdjamie said:

You clearly didn't comprehend what I said.

Spoiler

H5adijA.gif

5 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Ah, my bad. The way the other poster made it sound I thought that's what you did every time you were with them.

I mean I tend to babysit them two to three a month and I often take them to the movies.

• Like 1

Agreed about Lone Ranger. It was obvious it was gonna flop

I don't understand how studious don't see the plain flops. Paramount is the worst offender. Top Gun 2? It screams BOMB.

what future  movies do you guys think it will flop. based on your gut feeling

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Agreed about Lone Ranger. It was obvious it was gonna flop

I don't understand how studious don't see the plain flops. Paramount is the worst offender. Top Gun 2? It screams BOMB.

what future  movies do you guys think it will flop. based on your gut feeling

Transformers 6. 

• Like 1