MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

28 minutes ago, Rth Homecoming said:

DK 12.2, EM 9.5

I have faith in humanity again.

Spoiler

Though not too much. For 100% faith restoration Emoji should drop like 60-100% from the Fr number.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

A 3 multiplier gets to $78m but I wouldn't be surprised if falls short.

Captain Underpants vs Emoji Movie for the final spot in the Summer top 15 will be fun. Or Annabelle could swoop in and best both

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Captain Underpants vs Emoji Movie for the final spot in the Summer top 15 will be fun. Or Annabelle could swoop in and best both

I think The Hitman's Bodyguard might surprise. Not $100m+ but $80-85m domestic wouldn't be surprising.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Atomic Blonde is doing okay for it's budget but nothing special. I'm not bothered with not getting super early estimates for it.

At $30m, it's going to make a decent profit for Focus and Universal if it does over $100m WW. It'll be Focus' highest grossing film since Kubo and London has Fallen

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

There's no hiding from this Nolanites.

We've got a job to do

We shall go on to the end. We shall watch it in France, we shall watch it on the seas and oceans, we shall watch it with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Nolan, whatever the cost may be. We shall watch it on the beaches, we shall watch it on the landing grounds, we shall watch it in the fields and in the streets, we shall watch it in the hills; we shall never surrender,

• Like 5

Three favorites of the year so far

A small budget stunner about race relations

A true cinematic experience

and

A family drama about the beginning of the relationship between the writers of the movie

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

At $30m, it's going to make a decent profit for Focus and Universal if it does over $100m WW. It'll be Focus' highest grossing film since Kubo and London has Fallen

I'm not implying that it isn't a success. I just don't find an 18-19mil opening weekend to be that interesting for it.