lab276

Rank the Books and the Films

It was a bit dark. I think I need to see the film again, but perhaps there's some narrative structure to his color schemes? Though if there's a drastic change in a single scene then I can't see why that would be the reason

Makes sense, lots of people get into them, but of those, only a small percentage will actually finish the series.

Yes, look at the backlist sales for 2010 for example (USA):Sorcerers Stone 345'000 copiesChamber of Secrets 265'000Azkaban 235'000Goblet of Fire 225'000Order of the Phoenix 225'000Half Blood Prince 210'000Deathly Hallows 370'000DH was the best selling book last year -- but that's because the movie pushed book sales. Same thing happened in 2003 for POA.In general -- as you said -- people start with the first one and only a certain percentage buys the next and from those people only a certain percentage buys the next etc.http://www.publisher...gures-2010.htmlSorcerers Stone overall more or less sold twice the copies DH sold in the USA -- and this big picture won't change according to backlist sales. The first one will always be the most popular.In Germany -- another major market -- the picture looks different. Sorcerers Stone per 2008 had sold 5.5 million copies and DH 3.7 million, so the gap isnt as big as it is in the USA. (Source: Carlsen)In Australia by the way the whole saga had sold 5 mio copies as per 2007 according to Nielsen BookScan.

I love the cinematography in HBP which easily the most visually appealing of the lot, the green touch was very easy on the eyes.GOF is the most entertaining of the lot, not a great adaptation but as a film it stands alone the best of the lot.

Books:Deathly Hallows-AAzkaban-AOrder of the Phoenix-AHalf Blood Prince-ASorcerer's Stone-AGoblet Of Fire-B+Chamber of Secrets-B+FilmsDeathly Hallows-1/2-AAzkaban-ASorcerer's Stone-A-Order of the Phoenix-B+Half Blood Prince-B+Goblet of Fire-BChamber of Secrets-B

Books1. Half Blood Prince2. Deathly Hallows3. Prisoner of Azkaban4. The Goblet of Fire5. Sorcerer's Stone6. Order of the Phoenix7. Chamber of SecretsFilms1. Prisoner of Azkaban2. Deathly Hallows Pt. 23. Deathly Hallows Pt. 14. Goblet of Fire5. Sorcerer's Stone6. Half-Blood Prince7. Chamber of Secrets8. Order of the Phoenix

Books:1. Deathly Hallows2. Half Blood Prince3. Order of The Phoenix4. Goblet of Fire5. Prisoner of Azkaban6. Philosopher's Stone7. Chamber of SecretsFilms:1. Deathly Hallows: Part 12. Deathly Hallows: Part 23. Prisoner of Azkaban4. Goblet of Fire5. Philosopher's Stone6. Order of The Phoenix7. Half Blood Prince8. Chamber of SecretsMy bottoms 3 for films is tough. It alternates depending on my mood.And 2/3 is hard. On some levels, POA is better than DH2, and DH1 for that matter.

Edited by Heretic

Books:1. Goblet of Fire2. Philosopher's Stone3. Prince of Azkaban4. Order of the Phoenix5. Half-Blood Prince6. Chamber of Secrets7. Deathly HallowsFilms:1. Deathly Hallows 1/22. Prince of Azkaban3. Philosopher's Stone4. Half-Blood Prince5. Goblet of Fire6. Chamber of Secrets7. Order of the PhoenixI think I rank the first book/film too high due to nostalgia.

Books:1. Deathly Hallows2. Order of the Phoenix3. Goblet of Fire4. Sorcerer's Stone5. Half-Blood Prince6. Prisoner of Azkaban7. Chamber of SecretsMovies:1. Sorcerer's Stone2. Deathly Hallows, part II3. Deathly Hallows, part I4. Prisoner of Azkaban5. Chamber of Secrets6. Half-Blood Prince7. Order of the Phoenix8. Gobler of Fire

Books:1. Goblet of Fire2. Deathly Hallows3. Prisoner of Azkaban4. Half-Blood Prince5. Chamber of Secrets6. Order of the Phoenix7. Sorcerer's StoneMovies:1. Deathly Hallows, Part I2. Deathly Hallows, Part II3. Prisoner of Azkaban4. Half-Blood Prince5. Order of the Phoenix6. Sorcerer's Stone7. Chamber of Secrets8. Goblet of Fire

I've only read a few of the books, at some point I need to read the others but here's my list so far:Books:1. Deathly Hallows2. Half Blood Prince3. Order of the Phoenix4. Sorcerers StoneHaven't read POA, GOF or COS yet. Have 'em though hahaFilms:1. Deathly Hallows Part 22. Deathly Hallows Part 13. Prisoner of Azkaban4. Order of the Phoenix5. Goblet of Fire6. Half Blood Prince7. Chamber of Secrets8. Sorcerers Stone

BOOKS

JK Rowling says Deathly Hallows is her favorite in series and I agree.

Half Blood Prince was my favorite until DH came out.

Goblet of Fire was the first one I ever read because my school library was out of the first 3 at the time. It is one of my favorites and I wish they had done it justice on film. I truly think they could have split this one into 2 movies but they didn't because Prisoner of Azkaban made 795m.

Order of the Phoenix

Prisoner of Azkaban

Sorcerer's Stone

Chamber of Secrets is the most boring imo.

MOVIES

Deathly Hallows 2

Deathly Hallows 1

Half-blood Prince

Prisoner of Azkaban

Goblet of Fire

Sorcerer's Stone

Order of the Phoenix

Chamber of Secrets - again, most boring.

Books:Sorcerers Stone - Chambers - Azkaban - Goblet - Half Blood Prince - Deathly Hallows - PhoenixFilms:Goblet - Sorcerers Stone - Phoenix - Azkaban - Chambers - Deathly Hallows 2 - Deathly Hallows 1 - Half Blood Prince

Hands down, the absolute shittiest ranking of the books and films on any site I've been to.