the beast

Wednesday Numbers: Dunkirk - $3.52 mil / Wonder Woman - $465k / Girls Trip - $2.04 million / SMH - $1.86 million / The Emoji Movie - $2.82 million / Atomic Blonde - $1.723 million / Apes 3 - $1.285 million / DM3 - $1.262 million / Valerian - $834k /

3 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

I have to believe Dark Tower can muster $20m and I'm not stoked about that film but it looks like it could muster $20m at least.

Even if it doesn't, due to opening on a Wednesday, those horror movies are pulling in $20m ow numbers. Annabelle2 could beat it even with $18m

I don't see a threepeat for Dunkirk. 

Dark Tower opens this weekend on a Friday.

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

So, Wonder Woman will most likely hit 397M today, right?

What is expected for the weekend?

Is there a chance it gets to 400 million by the time the weekend's over?

I'm Thinking $2.5 million tbh

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

So, Wonder Woman will most likely hit 397M today, right?

What is expected for the weekend?

Is there a chance it gets to 400 million by the time the weekend's over?

Nahh it will be very very close ...but I think it will miss it by a hair ... $399.7M

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 1

Wonder Woman and Dunkirk. Pretty good summer for WB. 

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword shit the bed, yes. But the studio had already written that off forever ago (probably after they paid for the second round of heavy reshoots). And... a certain other British cinematic hero might be moving in... if certain rumors rumbling around are true. We'll see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword shit the bed, yes. But the studio had already written that off forever ago (probably after they paid for the second round of heavy reshoots). And... a certain other British cinematic hero might be moving in... if certain rumors rumbling around are true. We'll see.

Watchootalkingabout, Willis?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I have to believe Dark Tower can muster $20m and I'm not stoked about that film but it looks like it could muster $20m at least.

Even if it doesn't, due to opening on a Wednesday, those horror movies are pulling in $20m ow numbers. Annabelle2 could beat it even with $18m

I don't see a threepeat for Dunkirk. 

By threepeat I was only referring to D vs DT this weekend, not D vs Annabelle next weekend.

Yeah DT could muster 20+ ow, but will RT have an effect? Very low score. If D really surprises with 18m (-32%), then it has some chance at beating DT.

MovieTickets really is a good indicator. Dunkirk had a strong day on MT yesterday and sure enough the dollar gross turned out pretty good. 

You gotta figure there is no way it stays flat today like it did last Thursday. 10% drop would be around $3.17m Thursday, which would put it on pace for about $16m weekend based on the Friday/Saturday jumps last week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

p19545_p_v8_ah.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Given these healthy drops, I'm expecting pretty impressive drops all around for most of the rest of the Top 10.

I'm actually expecting the opposite - I expect normal drops for the rest, b/c Dunkirk showed huge healthy numbers on MT.com yesterday, keeping a much larger proportion of sales than it did Tuesday...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1