the beast

Wednesday Numbers: Dunkirk - $3.52 mil / Wonder Woman - $465k / Girls Trip - $2.04 million / SMH - $1.86 million / The Emoji Movie - $2.82 million / Atomic Blonde - $1.723 million / Apes 3 - $1.285 million / DM3 - $1.262 million / Valerian - $834k /

2 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Really you have a source ? or it's just rumor for now.

It was one of the companies competing for Bond and given WW2 opening in December instead of the November 1st spot that DC has, odds are WB got it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

It was one of the companies competing for Bond and given WW2 opening in December instead of the November 1st spot that DC has, odds are WB got it.

If WB get Bond long term, I could see them relaunching the franchise with Nolan directing for the 60th anniversary in 2022. Also means they can alternate the early to mid November slot with three different franchises.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Wonder Woman and Dunkirk. Pretty good summer for WB. 

They may not be done yet. Annabelle 2 is getting surprisingly strong early reviews and considering how dismal August looks, WB could have its third summer overperformer.

• Like 1

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

They may not be done yet. Annabelle 2 is getting surprisingly strong early reviews and considering how dismal August looks, WB could have its third summer overperformer.

Annabelle 2 will be a success even if it does less than the first on its OW. I'm sure WB/New Line will be happy with a $30-35m OW 

• Like 1

Annabelle was, if memory serves me right, a highly-disliked film that rode off the coattails/popularity of The Conjuring

It will be profitable, yes, thanks to its low costs. But the fact remains (and as the age-old rule goes) the new film always pays for the sins of the last film. It getting good reviews is nice but audiences never forget getting burned. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I don't believe the two situations are related. Mid-December is a great release date for strong legs. Will help offset some sequel frontloading for WW2. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I don't believe the two situations are related. Mid-December is a great release date for strong legs. Will help offset some sequel frontloading for WW2. 

They had a DC movie on the Bond date initially, I think they might have won, or are close, to landing Bond.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

If WB get Bond long term, I could see them relaunching the franchise with Nolan directing for the 60th anniversary in 2022. Also means they can alternate the early to mid November slot with three different franchises.

Please, no. Royale, Skyfalll and Spectre had a similar tone to his usual action tone... Well, Royale actually had invigorating action. And, he's already toyed with similar stuff in Inceptions and his Dark Knight Trilogy. Really, no need. No even one of his Nolanoids and I'd rather see him doing original stuff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

They had a DC movie on the Bond date initially, I think they might have won, or are close, to landing Bond.

Yeah, it would make no sense for WB to have two DC films within a month of each other. The DC film was 1st November so I imagine that'll be dropped or perhaps they'll put Margie Claus on 1st November rather than the 15th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Please, no. Royale, Skyfalll and Spectre had a similar tone to his usual action tone... Well, Royale actually had invigorating action. And, he's already toyed with similar stuff in Inceptions and his Dark Knight Trilogy. Really, no need. No even one of his Nolanoids and I'd rather see him doing original stuff.

Not like you can top Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine in those type of mentor roles we see with Q/M in the Bond series. 

I realize he grew up loving Bond and it has influenced at least 4 of his movies, but I would be pretty disappointed if he jumps into the Bond franchise. Much rather see more original Nolan projects. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

yeah, Annabelle 2 is winning August for sure. :)

54 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Yeah, it would make no sense for WB to have two DC films within a month of each other. The DC film was 1st November so I imagine that'll be dropped or perhaps they'll put Margie Claus on 1st November rather than the 15th.

Margie Claus seems like a family comedy to me with less overlap with Bond. So I think MC stays.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

I wonder if it'll be a WB release or a New Line release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Margie Claus seems like a family comedy to me with less overlap with Bond. So I think MC stays.

WB has no issues scheduling New Line films a week after another WB or NL film like they did in 2016 so it could go either way 

• Like 1