Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

11 hours ago, LastSon said:

That's what I thought you meant. I did notice on Box Office Mojo that Spider-Man lost a huge amount of theaters after its tenth weekend. I'm curious to know if there was significant competition after that weekend which caused most of the theaters to remove it to make room for newer and more for those competitive titles. There is a possibility that it may crash due to the same reason, but hopefully it doesnt. Thankfully, since school is starting back up, the weekend drops should be lower than normal; however, that means that weekday drops wont look as pretty. But the weekly totals should balance out. 

Me too. I wonder why there was such a steep theater drop. I know that at some point it enjoyed double features with Men In Black, but that was probably before Week 10. I can't imagine that it would have dropped so precipitously with double features from Men In Black. I guess people who have followed the box office since 2002 may remember what happened. Could also be that it was par for the course to drop theater counts for block busters after they reached certain benchmarks in 2002.