Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Yeah 4m is not happening. 4.5 seems like the minimum to me.

4m would be less than STB's increase last year with Suicide Squad opening.

And Dunkirk is adding 266 theaters while Star Trek lost 665 theaters.  Makes zero sense. They are pulling numbers out of their ass. :lol:

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yeah 4m is not happening. 4.5 seems like the minimum to me.

4m would be less than STB's increase last year with Suicide Squad opening.

Good expand for Dunkirk, weak rivals and only 4.5 m Friday? Lesser jump than week ago? That sounds awful, if it's gonna be true.

I'm sure it's happened before, but I can never remember a studio releasing two films back to back weekends.  And not something like Weinstein who just randomly throws movies out there.

Edited by DAR

Just now, DAR said:

I'm sure it's happened before, but I can never remember a studio releasing two films back to back weekends.

Fox released Wimpy Kid and Alien on the same weekend this summer. WB released King Arthur and Everything Everything on back to back weekends as well.

1 minute ago, DAR said:

I'm sure it's happened before, but I can never remember a studio releasing two films back to back weekends.  And not something like Weinstein who just randomly throws movies out there.

Me Before You, Conjuring 2, and Central Intelligence came out back to back to back over three weeks.  Fox released Alien and Wimpy Kid on the same day earlier this year too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The last two weeks Deadline has been pretty close with Dunkirks numbers 

Well they gave a range here, so I can believe the latter half of the range, would be very surprised by the lower half.

• Like 1