Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

23 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I've also just been hearing that it's a straight up incompetent production (at least from the effects side of things) with money just being wasted left and right

Should have gotten the people behind Megashark v Mechashark. That is a good as hell movie

35 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If Meg is as awful as I hear it is, no way in hell. 

32 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Genuinely bad. Hearing "Sharknado without the self awareness", and effects nearly as bad despite a budget many times the size.

26 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I've also just been hearing that it's a straight up incompetent production (at least from the effects side of things) with money just being wasted left and right

21 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My uncle's been working on the project for a while in the special effects department. So yea I don't know for sure the movie as a whole, but he's had unfinished scenes sent to him and the team with him and he just says he's blown away how awful it is.

@IN BKB WE TRUST

• Like 2

I am worried about two movies based on these abysmal numbers for the holdovers. Those two movies are GT and WW. I loved both movies and I want them to reach 100 mil and 400 mil respectively sooner rather than later. 

I have been deflated by Apes and at this point, I don't think it can reach 150 mil. Sad because it is a really good movie.

Edited by Diana Prince

41 minutes ago, a2knet said:

But one has to consider how the studios plan such movies. They always knew it's OS potential was big. That's why they approve such budgets in the first place.

I don't believe in 230 mln budget. We all know story about 4 part of Pirates and it's budget...

3 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

I am worried about two movies based on these abysmal numbers for the holdovers. Those two movies are GT and WW. I loved both movies and I want them to reach 100 mil and 400 mil respectively sooner rather than later. 

I have been deflated by Apes and at this point, I don't think it can reach 150 mil. Sad because it is a really good movie.

Wonder Woman is a lock to hit 400mil and these are early numbers. Might be right and might be wrong.

9 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Don't worry.

Wonder Woman has already done better than anyone's wildest expectations, more than it had any right to do, more than even the studio expected/hoped for.

It is a genuine pop culture phenomenon, it gave the world of cinema a new iconic scene for the film history books, and it created a brand-new film franchise that has finally placed Diana  of Themyscira in the pantheon of superhero film giants.

This is all gravy at this point, and if the film ends up with 399.98 million (which it won't), it is still a monumental triumph.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Meg sounds terrible sight unseen, I have no idea why I should expect big box office numbers?

Because the book is terrific and sold well and they apparently sunk 150 million into it.

• Like 1

The problem, besides movie going shrinking in the U.S, is that most of the wannabe big blockbusters were past their prime franchises. Transformers, Pirates and Cars were never going to hit 200-300mil, the Mummy reboot looked like a dull Mission Impossible with a fantasy twist clone and Minions hurt the DM franchise in North America. Dunkirk is doing great for what it is but it was never going to be another Inception no matter how much overzealous Nolan fanboys wanted it to be. I'm doing some Monday morning quarterbacking here but all of what I say is true.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, IN BKB WE TRUST said:

And I'm sorry, but I don't buy into any of this Bullshit and if the movie is so goddamn bad then why did they have test screenings of it on June 23rd of this year if the FX suck so bad??? Why would you screen something as CGI FX Heavy like this it's that bad??? I don't buy this bullshit..

Movies screen with unfinished effects all the time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

An older couple bailed on Detroit about halfway through the 12:00 screening I went to. The middle portion of the film - brilliant as it is - will do a number on the its legs.

I'm curious as to what happened.  Is it too much violence?

58 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It depends on how it is awful. No one is going to watch a "Jason Statham fights a shark" movie expecting anything other than awful. Is it fun awful, or just genuinely bad, will make all the difference.

What's the last gimmicky "Snakes on A Plane", so bad it's good movie that actually did well?

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

What's the last gimmicky "Snakes on A Plane", so bad it's good movie that actually did well?

But there's a huge difference.  This one has a real budget.  I'm not saying it's going to be good but it's a year away.  

• Like 1