Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Because budget always is a good sign of quality :redcapes: 

tenor.gif

Obviously not, but it should at least be a step up from Sharknado.

about Meg: don't forget we had 47 meters down which did better than most predicted. There's a market for shark movies. and i don't think 47 was any kind of masterpiece...

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Should have gotten the people behind Megashark v Mechashark. That is a good as hell movie

I like Sharktopus v. Whalewolf and Mega Shark v. Giant Octopus. Best recent pure schlock B-budget monster flick Ive seen in the past decade ain't a shark movie though... That'd be Big Ass Spider.

BIGASSSPIDERREV.jpg

401b292abe5075c8c1b697cab3658a60--scary-

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I like Sharktopus v. Whalewolf and Mega Shark v. Giant Octopus. Best recent pure schlock B-budget monster flick Ive seen in the past decade ain't a shark movie though... That's be Big Ass Spider.

BIGASSSPIDERREV.jpg

Big Ass Spider really surprised me. I really felt and saw the effort brought into it, despite it being really trashy.

• Like 1

Kidnap is the winner of the weekend, albeit a qualified one. It's gonna open to double what everyone thought it would open to. This is likely gonna join 47 Meters Down as one of the bigger success stories of the summer given that they are both movies that seemed headed for a quick trip to the $5 bin (which probably speaks to how shitty this summer was that they end up as some of the bigger success stories).

The Dark Tower is obviously a flop. And eh for Detroit but that was expected; it wouldn't have been a hit under any circumstance probably.

Edited by filmlover

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Because budget always is a good sign of quality :redcapes: 

tenor.gif

All this makes me wonder how much Geostorm costs. It's been in production hell which probably drove up the budget but from the trailer it looks expensive yet somehow really crappy at the same time, like Gods of Egypt (you can't tell me there weren't some money-laundering going on behind the scenes on that).

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I like Sharktopus v. Whalewolf and Mega Shark v. Giant Octopus. Best recent pure schlock B-budget monster flick Ive seen in the past decade ain't a shark movie though... That's be Big Ass Spider.

BIGASSSPIDERREV.jpg

I always love seeing Matt Parkman just turn up in random shit. I remember seeing him in a video game some years back.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Don't worry.

Wonder Woman has already done better than anyone's wildest expectations, more than it had any right to do, more than even the studio expected/hoped for.

It is a genuine pop culture phenomenon, it gave the world of cinema a new iconic scene for the film history books, and it created a brand-new film franchise that has finally placed Diana  of Themyscira in the pantheon of superhero film giants.

This is all gravy at this point, and if the film ends up with 399.98 million (which it won't), it is still a monumental triumph.

Agreed! I guess I am a spoiled fan. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Kidnap is the winner of the weekend, albeit a qualified one. It's gonna open to double what everyone thought it would open to. This is likely gonna join 47 Meters Down as one of the bigger success stories of the summer given that they are both movies that seemed headed for a quick trip to the $5 bin (which probably speaks to how shitty this summer was that they end up as some of the bigger success stories).

The Dark Tower is obviously a flop. And eh for Detroit but that was expected; it wouldn't have been a hit under any circumstance probably.

Let's wait and see what it makes first lol.  Berry has a fan base but if it opens to 8 million it could end up with 20-25.  That's not exactly a huge hit.

The release date for 'It' is going to be one of the most well calculated of the year.  A HIGHLY anticipated horror remake, close to the start of fall (when these films typically can do some great numbers) in an absolute draught of a schedule.  Regardless I think it hits 40 but if this thing can churn out a fresh rating I could legit see 50 being in play OW.

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Let's wait and see what it makes first lol.  Berry has a fan base but if it opens to 8 million it could end up with 20-25.  That's not exactly a huge hit.

For a movie that’s been online in full 1080p since June it’s doing great.

Also didn’t the producer go bankrupt? Is this a “Foodfight” situation where the film was bought at auction for far less than the initial budget. meaning that the new owners only have to make the money that they spent to buy the film, rather than gross more than the budget initially used for production?

2 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

The release date for 'It' is going to be one of the most well calculated of the year.  A HIGHLY anticipated horror remake, close to the start of fall (when these films typically can do some great numbers) in an absolute draught of a schedule.  Regardless I think it hits 40 but if this thing can churn out a fresh rating I could legit see 50 being in play OW.

50 is low balling it...at least to what some think it can do.  ;)

• Like 1

Just now, AJG said:

For a movie that’s been online in full 1080p since June it’s doing great.

Also didn’t the producer go bankrupt? Is this a “Foodfight” situation where the film was bought at auction for far less than the initial budget. meaning that the new owners only have to make the money that they spent to buy the film, rather than gross more than the budget initially used for production?

I have no idea.  I haven't read anything about Kidnap.

6 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Still, that's better than anyone could've expected for a movie that was shot almost three years ago and was rescheduled numerous times as its original studio went belly-up and a nothing studio picked it up.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I'm curious as to what happened.  Is it too much violence?

It's the intensity and intimacy of everything that happens in that segment. It uses Kathryn Bigelow's docudrama style to scarily strong effect. It's not often that I think a film should come with a trigger warning, but this one could have used it with respect to survivors of any kind of assault.

• Like 3