Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

Oh yeah, I saw a few posts saying that Patty Jenkins will be the female director that they nominate if they nominate any. Stop. Wonder Woman is not getting anywhere near the Oscars. Warner Brothers leaked that story for publicity. The Disaster Artist is supposed to be pretty good, and that is most likely where they are going to focus their campaign. The Blade Runner sequel is as niche as the first and has no political subtext like Mad Max: Fury Road from what I have been hearing. I highly doubt that it is an awards play.  

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Oh yeah, I saw a few posts saying that Patty Jenkins will be the female director that they nominate if they nominate any. Stop. Wonder Woman is not getting anywhere near the Oscars. Warner Brothers leaked that story for publicity. The Disaster Artist is supposed to be pretty good, and that is most likely where they are going to focus their campaign. The Blade Runner sequel is as niche as the first and has no political subtext like Mad Max: Fury Road from what I have been hearing. I highly doubt that it is an awards play.  

A24 is releasing The Disaster Artist in the US and WB OS and I can't imagine it having awards buzz apart from maybe the Golden Globes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

50M?  A lowball if I've ever seen one.

My prediction right now is 82/226 :ph34r: 

I'm actually about the same as yours (take $7M/$16M away, so... $75M/$210M).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

I'll say whatever I want. Skip over it if you don't like it. You saying that you know that Detroit is going to get all these nominations is absurd. You don't know that any more than I know what's going to get nominated and I've never said that I know what's going to get nominated. I have predicted nothing as far as the Oscars are concerned because it's too early.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

Word of advice, predicting Oscars nominations based on what you loved is a sure fire way to be wrong. I loved Arrival but I was leery of it getting a best picture nod until it did. It didn't get the Best actress nod that I predicted and hoped it would.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'll say whatever I want. Skip over it if you don't like it.

I honestly have no idea who the hell you are and am not familiar with your screen name or whatever you have posted. The fact that you feel the need to quote me about a general post says way more about you than it does about me. Refrain from quoting me again please. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's budget is in the 30 millions, no it won't be seen as a major flop if it opens under 60mil.

It won't be seen as a flop but plenty will see it as a disappointment which is riduclous. If you took the trailer record out of the equation anything over 30 M OW would be great. I'm still sticking with my 45 M prediction. 

3 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

It won't be seen as a flop but plenty will see it as a disappointment which is riduclous. If you took the trailer record out of the equation anything over 30 M OW would be great. I'm still sticking with my 45 M prediction. 

30mil would not be great for this film. It's budget is not that low to where I would go that far. 40mil and over would be great. I'm not going to sugarcoat it anything under 40mil will be seen as a disappointment to most and rightfully so. Not a flop or failure but a disappointment.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

30mil would not be great for this film. It's budget is not that low to where I would go that far. 40mil and over would be great.

Maybe great's the wrong word. I meant what before any marketing could have been seen as a realistic opening. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Anything under 100 ow for IT will be disappointing

It has insane buzz and the trailer views show it

IT has fat chance of opening over 60 let alone 100.

Edited by cookie

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

Oh Tremors...they don't make them like Tremors anymore...

Z4t4iaJ.gif

No. No they are not. Others I  like that one would be Deep Blue Sea, Anaconda, Deep Rising, Lake Placid and Eight Legged Freaks. But, yeah, none of those can touch Tremors or Slither. Honestly, Deepest Bluest and Anaconda are cut above those but below Tremors and Slither too.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

A24 is releasing The Disaster Artist in the US and WB OS and I can't imagine it having awards buzz apart from maybe the Golden Globes.

Yeah, you are right about that. A24 already has The Florida Project being released in October, so that is probably their main focus. That is a shame because I hear that The Disaster Artist is really funny. 

Edited by PenguinHyphy

1 minute ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Yeah, you are right about that. A24 already has The Florida Project being released in October, so that is probably their main focus. That is a shame because I hear that The Disaster is really funny. 

tumblr_najekfQGDa1rskk8io1_250.gif