Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

let's see how much of the list I remember

1. Arrival

2. La La Land

3. Zootopia

4. Hacksaw Ridge

5. Hell or High Water

6. Manchester by the Sea

7/8. Rogue One/Deadpool

9. The Nice Guys

10. 10 Cloverfield Lane

11. Kubo and the two Strings

12. Moana?

13. Silence??

14. Your Name?

k... i'm completely lost now

No Wilderpeople :sadben:

• Sad 1

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

And it also does make me curious as to how Illumination will do once they wind down the Despicable Me franchise. 

Well... they managed to build a brand-name recognition with the GA (not seen since, yes I'll say it, Pixar in their prime) and rivaled Disney. They will be just fine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Hot Take: Suicide Squad was better than half of the superhero movies last year.

Nah, I think it was only better than BvS because at least the actors were allowed to be charming and it wasn't boring as shit. BvS, Apocalypse and SS were all different levels of trash though, with Apocalypse being the least interesting comic book movie of the past 5 years.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

No different from the 60M 2nd weekend predictions either. It neither went beyond expectations nor fell below them in the end. DM3 and SMH benefited from being the last big family movies. 

Yeah let's not get carried away. It's doing well. But most of its drops have been average with this drop being good along with most other movies thanks to no big openers 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

@grey ghost

@iJackSparrow

You guys were definitely right. I admit that the first two weekends of Spider-Man cause me and most others to jump the gun. But it is having good legs and will probably end up around 2.8 or 2.9 with an outside chance of a three multiplier. I guess superhero movies or movies with a strong fan base will cause the movie to plummet in its second weekend and invariably at the third as well. So good call on both of your parts and you guys were right.

If it takes a big man to admit he's wrong then Baumer is a giant, lol. :bravo:

• Like 4