Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

This past weekend may not have been so great, but there's a ton of cool movies coming out over the next year.

Vote for your top ten of the next 365 days here:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/667-box-office-theorys-most-anticipated-films/?page=311

More people have been voting the last few weeks, and it's always more fun to see and count bigger numbers, so join in!

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

YASS. It's like we gained good taste all of a sudden.

You have PotC and the Mummy still in Theatres, Baywatch @ #2 but no WW at all on the list.

Your countries taste is questionable.

31 minutes ago, the beast said:

The Same drop on OW from Ouija 1 To Ouija 2 would Give Annabelle 2 a 26.3M OW

For all the universe building talk that goes around, WB have nicely made a universe in the Conjuring Universe. It's profitable as hell. Is this the first horror universe (franchise of franchises)? They also have Nun (part of the universe but it's own potential franchise with Nun 1,2,3...who knows) coming next year which irrespective of quality will be profitable again.

Disney deserves to steal all the thunder right now, but WB has a lot of smart moves they should get credit for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the beast said:

What Are Peoples Projections For It?

Oh man.....lol....you've missed all the hoopla here after the trailer blew up and set a 24 hour record for on line views.

Most people think it has a very real shot at doing 40 million opening weekend.

Then there are those of us who think it can set the September OW record, so about 50 million.

Then there are others who think it can do 70

And some even think it will do 100 OW.

Basically....we're all expecting big things from it

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, a2knet said:

For all the universe building talk that goes around, WB have nicely made a universe in the Conjuring Universe. It's profitable as hell. Is this the first horror universe (franchise of franchises)? They also have Nun (part of the universe but it's own potential franchise with Nun 1,2,3...who knows) coming next year which irrespective of quality will be profitable again.

Disney deserves to steal all the thunder right now, but WB has a lot of smart moves they should get credit for.

1931-1951 and Universal had the 1st horror universe...in fact, that I'm pretty sure that was the 1st ever movie universe...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AndyK said:

You have PotC and the Mummy still in Theatres, Baywatch @ #2 but no WW at all on the list.

Your countries taste is questionable.

Baywatch opened here two weeks ago. 

Wonder Woman did more than GotG2. We got the job done. Can't say the same about other countries since GotG2 beat WW OS :sparta:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

1931-1951 and Universal had the 1st horror universe...in fact, that I'm pretty sure that was the 1st ever movie universe...

Am differentiating franchise from universe. Eg: SM1,SM2,SM3 were a franchise not a universe like MCU and DCEU.

Texas Chainsaw, SAW, PA, Halloween, F13th etc are all franchises.

But Conjuring is a universe with 3 franchises : Conjuring, Annabelle, Nun (2018).

Edited by a2knet

16 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Oh man.....lol....you've missed all the hoopla here after the trailer blew up and set a 24 hour record for on line views.

Most people think it has a very real shot at doing 40 million opening weekend.

Then there are those of us who think it can set the September OW record, so about 50 million.

Then there are others who think it can do 70

And some even think it will do 100 OW.

Basically....we're all expecting big things from it

Just seen it is R rated, which is a bit odd for a movie about a bunch of kids.

Going to limit its BO potential.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Just seen it is R rated, which is a bit odd for a movie about a bunch of kids.

Going to limit its BO potential.

I agree, the R rating will limit the poor BO from inside the theatres. But I think it will seriously boost its box office potential.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Am differentiating franchise from universe. Eg: SM1,SM2,SM3 were a franchise not a universe like MCU and DCEU.

Texas Chainsaw, SAW, PA, Halloween, F13th etc are all franchises.

But Conjuring is a universe with 3 franchise : Conjuring, Annabelle, Nun (potentially).

Again, Universal 1931...

Frankenstein, Dracula, the Mummy, The Invisible Man, The Wolf Man, etc...all in the same universe...

Then, Frankenstein had sequels, also set in the universe - Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, The Ghost of Frankenstein, House of Frankenstein...

Dracula had Dracula's Daughter, Son of Dracula, House of Dracula...

Invisible Man had Invisible Man Returns...

AND we got crossover sequels IN universe like Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Boxofficerules said:

I agree, the R rating will limit the poor BO from inside the theatres. But I think it will seriously boost its box office potential.

I Know This Isn't a great comparison but Deadpool made 132M With an R rating and this is going to probably be huge

I don't think R-rated will limit it's bo performance, makes the movie seem more earnest. Though from the promos it looks like a PG-13 horror. Surely the movie has R-rated stuff (I am totally clueless about the story/book). I think good R-rated material can counter the bad legs of the horror genre.