aabattery

The Death of Stalin | 20th October, 2017 | Directed by Armando Iannucci | Starring several actors | Trailer on first page

39 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Seeing this tomorrow, can't wait. A comedy film with actual jokes, what a novelty!

You mean you wouldn't have liked to see a 140-minute version of this where all the actors just stand around and riff about stuff?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Seeing this tomorrow, can't wait. A comedy film with actual jokes, what a novelty!

"All of you ... can kiss ... my ... Russian ... Ass"

Oooh the rapier wit.

The lookalike contract joke is the only one that lands in this trailer.

Hopefully the film is much better.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

"All of you ... can kiss ... my ... Russian ... Ass"

Oooh the rapier wit.

The lookalike contract joke is the only one that lands in this trailer.

Hopefully the film is much better.

By every account it is. But I'm sure if it's not to your taste the next feature length Faig/Apatow improv class will be along shortly. :cheekkiss:

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

By every account it is. But I'm sure if it's not to your taste the next feature length Faig/Apatow improv class will be along shortly. :cheekkiss:

I haven't liked either of the Feige films I've seen and maybe one and half of Apatow's. 

But I guess messy pig shit jokes said in a British accent are just too sophisticated for me. <_<

• Astonished 1

Be interesting when this film hits Russia,...provided Vlad allows it in.

With Olga Kurenyko in it, I doubt this will portray Stalin or any of  his followers in a favorable manner. She is a Ukranian, and they remember very well what wonderful things the Stalin regime did for the Ukraine.

But black comedy is the only way to do this.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Be interesting when this film hits Russia,...provided Vlad allows it in.

With Olga Kurenyko in it, I doubt this will portray Stalin or any of  his followers in a favorable manner. She is a Ukranian, and they remember very well what wonderful things the Stalin regime did for the Ukraine.

But black comedy is the only way to do this.

I doubt it's gonna get officially released. 

And there has been a statement from the Russian Government about the film:

1. In September 2017, a high-ranking official in the Russian Ministry of Culture said the Russian authorities were considering a ban on the film, which, he alleged, could be part of a "western plot to destabilise Russia by causing rifts in society

This is not a link,but using the link box was the only way I could insert text into this post, copy and paste does not work.

• Haha 1