Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : DUNKIRK:$2.74M | EM:$2.58M | TDT:$2.44M | GT:$1.67M | SMH:$1.66M | KIDNAP:$1.45M........ WW:$400M YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Really? That is sooooo cool!

OMG, I thought I would forever be the only person I knew that loved ROA. :D 

I soooo agree with all you wrote: loved the music and the performances, loved the love story in it, the costumes, everything. Every single aspect of it.

I seriously could not believe that it tanked. I am not kidding when I say that it is indeed one of my all time movies (in any genre)! 

Put it this way, if a horrible musical like Chicago can get nominated for best picture then Rock of Ages should have as well LOL. And having said that I don't think either one of them should have been nominated for best picture but I certainly don't think Chicago should have come anywhere close to winning. But Rock of Ages was fun and had amazing music and terrific performances and it was funny as hell. I had such a good time in that movie.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves on the total.

This Tuesday number has me slightly more worried than I should. :sadben:

Well, 2.7M is not only comfortably ahead of Interstellar's 3rd Tuesday (2.4M), but it's also above its 2nd Tuesday too (2.6M), and it's also above Rogue Nation's 3rd Tuesday (2.4M as well). It seems to be holding on phenomenally well, even if it didn't bump up from Monday as much as you would expect. And at the same point in release, MI5 and Dunkirk are only separated by 5M (140 and 135 respectively), while Interstellar was at... 122. No need to worry, mate.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yes, I didn't deny that at all. It's doing fantastic, actually, and I'm pretty amazed that it will beat Interstellar and match MI5.

It needs to perform much better than it has so far to match Rogue Nation. 180 should happen, but not sure about anything beyond that number. 

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Well, 2.7M is not only comfortably ahead of Interstellar's 3rd Tuesday (2.4M), but it's also above its 2nd Tuesday too (2.6M), and it's also above Rogue Nation's 3rd Tuesday (2.4M as well). It seems to be holding on phenomenally well, even if it didn't bump up from Monday as much as you would expect. No need to worry, mate.

Interstellar is in the middle of Thanksgiving holidays this week. You're going to see it make up a ton of ground from Wednesday to Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

On an unrelated WW note, McDonalds is doing a promotion for Emoji Movie, every Happy Meal you buy, you get a BOGO deal on Emoji Movie tickets. Sony must really want this thing to do the impossible $100M+ domestic goal. However it'll likely end with a solid $85M/$235M gross.

Giving away tickets doesn't really help the bottom line.

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It needs to perform much better than it has so far to match Rogue Nation. 180 should happen, but not sure about anything beyond that number. 

Again, it already has bigger weekly dailies than Rogue Nation, and it's only 5M apart. Also came in only 51K below RN when it comes to 3rd weekend holds (that did 17.186M while Dunkirk did 17.135M). Even if it doesn't straight up match RN, it can come within a few million in range.

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Again, it already has bigger weekly dailies than Rogue Nation, and it's only 5M apart. Also came in only 51K below RN when it comes to 3rd weekend holds (that did 17.186M while Dunkirk did 17.135M). Even if it doesn't straight up match RN, it can come within a few million in range.

It was $5m behind on opening weekend and that number has been pretty steady ever since. Dunkirk is doing better on weekdays but Rogue Nation is doing better on weekends. 

11 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Giving away tickets doesn't really help the bottom line.

It doesn't, but it does help the film's stated Box Office, since all of those tickets are given a "value" to contribute to it if they get redeemed (usually $8, I think, for kid tickets)...

Why do you think Detroit gave out free tickets last weekend and Inconvenient Sequel did it Sun/Mon (and those had an up to $15 value:)?:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It was $5m behind on opening weekend and that number has been pretty steady ever since. Dunkirk is doing better on weekdays but Rogue Nation is doing better on weekends. 

Indeed, but Rogue Nation's late legs from its 7th weekend onwards were not very good, maybe that's where Dunkirk begins to rally up a little over it (or it may suffer similar drops too, as theater count drops were the biggest culprit in those bad drops).

44 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Thanks! How much would you guess a LD expansion would add to the total? 

Don't know cause it would depend on the size of expansion but guessing ~2m more?