Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : DUNKIRK:$2.74M | EM:$2.58M | TDT:$2.44M | GT:$1.67M | SMH:$1.66M | KIDNAP:$1.45M........ WW:$400M YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

I am still not on the It  love train, but I would certainly LOVE to see a horror film have an amazing box office performance that goes even beyond the typical (for our time). I'd LOVE to see It do, in 2017, something insane, outrageous, unthinkable for the genre in modern times...something akin to the kind of numbers that films like The Exorcist  andThe Omen did.

Also, Kidnap had the best increase (32.6 %) in the top twenty. What does its Monday and Tuesday numbers tell about potential audience retention and/or word of mouth?

Horror has made a real comeback this year with Get Out and Split being the main winners, I think It will ride on that wave of success as well as the strong trailers, WB has done stellar marketing and they're not even started on the last leg yet

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Horror has made a real comeback this year with Get Out and Split being the main winners, I think It will ride on that wave of success as well as the strong trailers, WB has done stellar marketing and they're not even started on the last leg yet

If Get Out is horror then The Martian was a comedy 

1 hour ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

So you think IT will suck and do poor business?

No, I'm sure it'll be a solid hit. Unconvinced about the giant breakout possibilities, though. 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Not even Blade Runner 2049?

Definitely not BR. 

• Like 1

Just now, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I didn't say I wasn't excited, just that I have my doubts about their various box-office returns. 

Hide contents

I'm not very excited about most of them. :ph34r: 

Please tell me you like the trailer for mother! PLEASE!

1 minute ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I didn't say I wasn't excited, just that I have my doubts about their various box-office returns. 

Hide contents

I'm not very excited about most of them. :ph34r: 

GODDAMN IT TELE.

(on a scale of 1-10, how hyped are you for Geostorm (2017, dir. Dean Devlin)

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Please tell me you like the trailer for mother! PLEASE!

Haven't seen it. Not sure I'll watch it until it comes out. Usually I dig Aronofsky; I'd rather go into it (mostly) blind. 

Assuming I see it in theaters -- there's a good chance I won't. 

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Haven't seen it. Not sure I'll watch it until it comes out. Usually I dig Aronofsky; I'd rather go into it (mostly) blind. 

Good idea :) 

4 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Assuming I see it in theaters -- there's a good chance I won't. 

:sadben: 

Edited by WrathOfHan