FlashMaster659

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS | Dunkirk 1.96M - WW 0.28M

So a buddy of mine went full Tele last night...and we all know the rule about that...never go full Tele.

He didn't just dislike Dunkirk, he hated it.  He was mad that he saw it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Warner Bros. is one of the studios that reports daily grosses all the way until the end of the respective movie's run so yes.

Fox also have been doing that lately as well ...

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

No, he means that the Wednesday numbers are going to be rough.  

Ahhh nevermind .... lol haven't had my coffee yet .... forward looking he meant.

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

So a buddy of mine went full Tele last night...and we all know the rule about that...never go full Tele.

My wife had a similar reaction. The lack of characterisation overrides the great technical aspects.

I consider Dunkirk the Tora Tora Tora of 2017. Great meaningless action that I just could not relate to or for that matter care. 

Edited by jb007
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I don't think I've ever been mad that I saw a movie.

Bored out of my mind maybe, but mad...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I totally get that. I too wasn't nuts for it on first viewing, and I'm a big Nolan fan. 

Like all his other films, it greatly improved on second viewing. Lots of details gelled better and it became clearer - though still not 100% (which again... I have no doubt will be clearer on a third viewing). The man makes his films to be seen multiple times and things that didn't make sense, in fact, do because he packs so much into not only his story but the frame. The Dark Knight Rises went from being a film I strongly liked but felt the first act dragged and things didn't add up on first viewing to being my favorite installment in The Dark Knight Trilogy, and I love all three films. 

Not buying into the masterpiece hyperbole though - he already made one, InceptionDunkirk is a damn-good movie... just nowhere near his top films and that's perfectly fine!

Edited by filmnerdjamie

7 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

It's only happened once for me. I've exprienced shock, awe, boredom, disappointment, joy, and a whole host of other emotions watching films, but only once have I ever been angry about seeing a film. For once I finally understood people ranting about wanting their money back. It was a very odd feeling. 

16 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I've been angry I wasted the money...Doogal was the last one like that for me (I think)...

Original Blair Witch was another, since I walked out motion sick and thinking the whole thing was the biggest waste and farce for a scare movie (yes, I'm ducking now, b/c I know some folks love that one...not so much Doogal)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

I think Han mentioned some schools in his area are starting today so the slightly bigger drops might play a part into that. Hopefully that means better Friday increases.

Can confirm that public schools went back today; my theater was a wasteland. My community college (along with most Florida universities) goes back in a week and a half.

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What kind of school starts on a Thursday

A lot of Florida counties :lol: 

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can confirm that public schools went back today; my theater was a wasteland. My community college (along with most Florida universities) goes back in a week and a half.

A lot of Florida counties :lol: 

...that's... Weird

I wouldn't say I was mad that I saw it - I enjoyed the movie overall - but I can only think of one instance where I felt mad at in a movie in a theatre, and that was during the Mandarin reveal in Iron Man 3. I know a lot of people thought it was great, but I was just pissed off because it felt so stupid to me.

These Wednesday numbers are not good so far. Maybe tomorrow will see no significant drops or better yet, slight increases across the board.

I saw Kidnap today, and for the first time in my life, I was alone in a movie theater. There was no one else there. The theater sat 128 and I was the sole ticket sold. The movie was enjoyable for what it offered. Although, it seemed like the first half of the movie was the car chase. 

I can definitely understand anyone who comes out of the Dunkirk feeling less than thrilled. I did not like it AT ALL.