FlashMaster659

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS | Dunkirk 1.96M - WW 0.28M

8 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Yep. Couldn't they hold off until October?

People already pre-ordered it on itunes for an august release too I think:

iTunes has Wonder Woman available for pre-order right now and says that the movie is expected to be released digitally on Tuesday, August 29th

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/wonder-woman-2017/id1235765633

Expected release: august 29, 2017

Is it worth it to push a planned dvd release when the movie would have been available online for nearly a month.

But they use the word expected........ so I guess there is still some possibility that exist (and amazon do not seem to commit for a date in the movie dvd pre-order either)

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What kind of school starts on a Thursday

Some schools here in Illinois start next Wednesday. And I've been made aware that schools in other states have already started. Plus, our state fair is this week, which will impact Box Office numbers in our theaters quite a bit. 

WW, SMH, POTA, and Dunkirk countdowns as of Wednesday. Sorry for not updating as much as I'd like. @Mods, lately, sometimes, I've been having issues on my laptop being able to access the "Reply to this topic" box. I'll click on it, but nothing will happen. Then some time later, I'll try again and it'll work (like right now). Any possible explanations? If this will take up thread space/go off topic, I can take it somewhere else, but if one person is having an issue, maybe others are too. Thank you guys for the work you guys put into this forum!

Wonder Woman

Current Gross: $400, 488, 018

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: $388, 573, 980 SURPASSED

Quadruple Century Mark: $400, 000, 000 SURPASSED

Spider-Man: $403, 706, 375 ($2, 918, 357 remaining)

Iron Man 3 (Top 5 CBM):  $409, 013, 994 ($8, 525, 976 remaining)

4x Multiplier: $413, 005, 884 ($12, 517, 866 remaining)

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Current Gross: $299, 289, 853

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: $202, 853, 933 SURPASSED

The Amazing Spider-Man: $262, 030, 663 SURPASSED

Triple Century Mark: $300, 000, 000 ($710, 147 remaining)

Guardians of the Galaxy (highest non-sequel MCU): $333, 176, 600 ($33, 886, 747 remaining)

Spider-Man 3: $336, 530, 303 ($37, 240, 450 remaining)

War for the Planet of the Apes

Current Gross: $133, 067, 198

Rise of the Planet of the Apes: $176, 760, 185 ($43, 692, 987 remaining)

Planet of the Apes (2001): $180, 011, 740 ($46, 944, 542 remaining)

Dunkirk

Current Gross: $140, 506, 329

Get Out (highest original film 2017): $175, 484, 140 ($34, 920, 842 remaining)

Interstellar: $188, 020, 017 ($47, 456, 719 remaining)

Batman Begins: $206, 852, 432 ($66, 289, 134)

Red Text indicates that the milestone in question is a stationary target. Blue Text indicates that the milestone in question is a moving target. 

Edited by Gokai Red
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I certainly wouldn't use the words "amazing" or "astonishing" to describe SMH's run. Why does everything have to be taken to such extremes? 

00.jpg

ASM1_2015.jpg

Marvel Comics is famously known for its hyperbole. Both "Amazing" and "Astonishing" are adjectives linked to Spider-Man, just like Wonder Woman is linked to "Wonder". We are talking about a film that recovered from a steep second weekend drop that it's going to go for a 2.8+ multiplier. We don't have many superhero films that were able to pull off something like that. The only other that I can think of is The Dark Knight Rises. What I'm saying is that for a reboot, in my personal opinion what Homecoming is pulling off isn't ordinary or just ok. A film that has a just ok reception doesn't get to recover and cross $300m like this one is doing. And I'd say literally the same thing for Wonder Woman if "just" crossed $300m. My point is that we can't let what Wonder Woman has done to cloud our perception of what other films are doing: for a reboot that is coming out of not one, but three poorly received films, the last two being a reboot that went so badly that they had to start over again, what Homecoming is doing is indeed amazing. 

11 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

SMH has had good late legs but people want to attempt to erase the second and third weekend drops from history. Not happening. Its a movie that is doing well but could have done better.

The second and third weekend drops added to how poorly received the previous films were are exactly what makes this run great. And I wouldn't say that a film that started around $100m and goes for a 2.8x multiplier is doing just "well" or "ok". I'd say the very same thing about Wonder Woman if it went for $310m dom instead of $410m dom. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

7 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

SMH has had good late legs but people want to attempt to erase the second and third weekend drops from history. Not happening. Its a movie that is doing well but could have done better.

Yeah, I guess 350 m DOM and 100% on RT would've been better.

Not an unreasonable expectation for a reboot at all. 

/sarcasm

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Yep. Couldn't they hold off until October?

WB announced the WW home video release today, they aren't holding it off anymore.

Besides WB are going a lot of money off the sweet sweet bluray and dvd sales, a few more million over 400M isn't that important. They risk hurting sales if they wait too long to release it.

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

00.jpg

ASM1_2015.jpg

Marvel Comics is famously known for its hyperbole. Both "Amazing" and "Astonishing" are adjectives linked to Spider-Man, just like Wonder Woman is linked to "Wonder". We are talking about a film that recovered from a steep second weekend drop that it's going to go for a 2.8+ multiplier. We don't have many superhero films that were able to pull off something like that. The only other that I can think of is The Dark Knight Rises. What I'm saying is that for a reboot, in my personal opinion what Homecoming is pulling off isn't ordinary or just ok. A film that has a just ok reception doesn't get to recover and cross $300m like this one is doing. And I'd say literally the same thing for Wonder Woman if "just" crossed $300m. My point is that we can't let what Wonder Woman has done to cloud our perception of what other films are doing: for a reboot that is coming out of not one, but three poorly received films, the last two being a reboot that went so badly that they had to start over again, what Homecoming is doing is indeed amazing. 

Hey, iJack, we don't have ANY superhero films that were able to pull off a 2.8X after a 60%+ drop 2nd weekend...this will be an "amazing" or "astonishing" comeback never done by a supers movie before:)...and yes, as a comics reader of the series, I agree that we describe Spidey as Amazing and Astonishing (when he's Doc Ock, he's Superior, when he's Miles Morales, he's Ultimate, so those adjectives are out for this movie:)...

I'm back to regular status, so my likes are out, or I'd be liking your stuff:)...

• Thanks 1

Considering Homecoming is ending with a 2.7x-2.8x is in line for an MCU movie (better than the 2.66x average), CBMs in general and very good for a CBM teamup (only it, Avengers, GV2, and TWS in terms of MCU teamups/sequels). However although it was slightly worse than TFA's second weekend drop, it was the worst Spider-Man and MCU movie drop and it's third weekend although stable was in line with the big teamups that crash and burn in terms of legs. It's OW was also heavily frontloaded ($50.5M/$117M). All and All, Homecoming is a huge hit but even though it help fixed Spidey's image, it didn't have insane WOM as some predicted.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Hey, iJack, we don't have ANY superhero films that were able to pull off a 2.8X after a 60%+ drop 2nd weekend...this will be an "amazing" or "astonishing" comeback never done by a supers movie before:)...and yes, as a comics reader of the series, I agree that we describe Spidey as Amazing and Astonishing (when he's Doc Ock, he's Superior, when he's Miles Morales, he's Ultimate, so those adjectives are out for this movie:)...

I'm back to regular status, so my likes are out, or I'd be liking your stuff:)...

So here you go. The only one that I can think of that went for a recover after a steep second weekend drop is The Dark Knight Rises, but I don't remember the multiplier. @redfirebird2008?

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

So here you go. The only one that I can think of that went for a recover after a steep second weekend drop is The Dark Knight Rises, but I don't remember the multiplier. @redfirebird2008?

A hair under 2.8x.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Homecoming may be a good indicator on how none Avengers teamups will perform in the MCU. I'm thinking Thor Rangarok and Homecoming are going to act very similar to each other domestic OW and about the same final domestic gross ($325M+ vs $315M) except I think, Rangarok will have an under 55% drop on it's second weekend due to Veterans Day but drop 60%+ against JL.

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Nope, not quite - 2.785X is TDKR mark...and we discussed a few days ago that this is the number that would finally let folks call Spidey an "amazing" comeback...

See edit, I was rounding but I don't know what minutiae people are going with

Edited by MrPink