CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

4 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

Wonder how much the IT preview came into play

I was wondering the exact same thing? It looks like it's guaranteed to do over 30 million for sure but if the four minute preview dead get people out in the theater I could be slightly more front-loaded.

• Like 1

WB putting Annabelle 2 instead of IT in August was a smart move, the Conjuring Cinematic Universe continues to do well.

It's way more important that Annabelle had the better release and did great to lead to more movies, IT will have only 2 movies at most.

Edited by Mojoguy

2017 is the year of horror. Get Out amazed and did $175M, Split broke out and did near $140M, Annabelle can do a solid $40M/$100M run, and IT can be a juggernaut.

• Like 5

My local has stolen AB's and Apes 10pm shows for Annabelle tonight...

And for locals, my one local that has cheap showings did effectively sell out its tiny NJ2 60 seat screen this morning (it has 4 or 5 single seats left)...it has 4 sales all day for the rest of its shows, so it does seems if parents are stuck viewing this, they are doing it as cheaply as possible...

Prettt big number. Probably high 30s for the weekend. Once again the studios dropped the ball this August, could have opened a big movie last weekend. Now the holdovers are going to benefit, even some of the sucky ones.

3 minutes ago, the beast said:

Same multiple as Annabelle 1 Gives it a $70.72 million Opening Weekend!:lol:

First Annabelle was in November.

Same multiple as C2 gives 47 mln.

But may be Annabelle: Creation will be more frontloaded, cause IT clip and early, from 7p.m., previews.