CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

mother!'s budget right there :) 

really? with those actors?

if the budget is even twice that at 25+, the movie cannot bomb.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

really? with those actors?

if the budget is even twice that at 25+, the movie cannot bomb.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2017/06/12/the-highest-paid-celebrities-2017-why-jennifer-lawrence-maroon-5-and-tom-brady-didnt-make-the-cut/#762b3dbb7609

her other upcoming film, Darren Aronofsky’s Mother!, has a total budget of $13 million—less than what Lawrence was paid upfront for the last installment of the Hunger Gamesfranchise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Yes. If you want to discuss it, you have to join the DC club or go to the Franchise War thread.

Jesus. What happened to simply ignoring others on here? November as stated numerous times is going to be a nightmare. As a CBM fan, it saddens me that the thread was close since people couldn't ignore. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That's a bummer.... A few ruined it for everyone else

On second thought, it might've been a blessing considering the thread. Can you imagine what'd happen if JL got negative reviews?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I love Fassbender but he (like Tom Hardy, Ryan Gosling, Idris Elba and Ryan Reynolds) is an actor stupidly-overestimated by Social Media and the GA shrugs their shoulders at.

Eh, Reynolds is the only actor in that group that I would say has really chased stardom. The other four have mostly been working in either low-key projects that never carried the weight of big expectations at the box office or were part of big films in which they were a piece of a much bigger pie that didn't ask them to flex their starpower muscles (Fassbender has been unlucky in his leading man choices, but he would still easily find work overseas if the roles here eventually stopped coming).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That's a bummer.... A few ruined it for everyone else

Even if it was kept open, I think that thread needed to be closed especially during the RT watch: with great reviews one side would have gloated, with torrid ones the other side would have gloated, and with mixed reviews both sides would have claimed victory and gloated. Can't imagine what it must be for a mod to maintain a thread like that.

• Like 2