CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Inquisitors would be cool to finally see in live action though can't wait what people think about their lightsabers. 

Obviously incredibly excited for this show. Christmas 2022 release?

May 4th, 2022 surely?  I believe I penciled in Kenobi for May 2022 when I was doing a tentative schedule earlier in the year.  One year plus of filming and post production, I would think.  Seems to follow what Mando was doing, and there's fewer episodes so perhaps less post to do.

8 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Inquisitors would be cool to finally see in live action though can't wait what people think about their lightsabers. 

Obviously incredibly excited for this show. Christmas 2022 release?

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

May 4th, 2022 surely?  I believe I penciled in Kenobi for May 2022 when I was doing a tentative schedule earlier in the year.  One year plus of filming and post production, I would think.  Seems to follow what Mando was doing, and there's fewer episodes so perhaps less post to do.

I've been working on a mock schedule full of tentative dates for Disney/D+ content, and just judging by everything, I'm leaning more on Porthos' side.

With the way things are ramping up in terms of SW stuff, they're probably going the Marvel route and have stuff back to back with only a week or two gaps. And just going by how production schedules seem to be lining up, we'll probably get something like this:

Book of Boba Fett: December-February

Andor: February-May

Obi-Wan: May-June

Don't know if Obi-Wan will premiere May 4 since I feel you can easily slot the Andor season finale there, but this seems like the big summer piece for the service.

Things are kind of murky from there, but we do know Willow and Mando S3 are coming in '22, and I think there's still just enough room for one more show (Ahsoka/Acolyte/Bad Batch S2/Visions S2) on the calendar.

Either way, just going by production start times and what's filming, Obi-Wan is definitely coming sooner rather than later

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

Hopefully May 2022! I just assumed Andor would come first but maybe then it'll go Boba Fett, Andor, Obi-Wan and then Mando S3?

• Like 2

On 3/29/2021 at 4:29 PM, George Parr said:

I don't know about that. They did have Alden Ehrenreich as Han, but that was him playing a Han before we met Han. That's different from recasting Luke, as you would go from young Luke played by Mark Hamill, to older Luke played by Stan, to old Luke being played by Hamill. That might be a bit weird.

If they were really interested in going that route, they could have already done that with Luke's cameo in the last episode of The Mandalorian. I don't think it is impossible, but I wouldn't exactly bet on it happening anytime soon either.

CGI Luke cameo in Mando makes sense because they wanted the audience to know right away who it was. Another actor would have been confusing to some.  They could always recast for the full series cause everyone would know from promo, synopsis, etc that the actor was playing Luke. I don't think it would be weird and fandom is very much open to casting younger Luke since that guarantees more content with him, especially in the post-ROTJ pre-TFA era. 

LOL, why are those guys taking an issue with Edgerton when Ewan morphing into Alec Guiness in only 10 years (Obi Wan is set 10 years after ROTS meaning 10 or 9 years before ANH) is just as unrealistic. Like who cares? I would love to see a SW movie or show where all Skywalker boys are around the same age (Hayden/Anakin, Sebastian/Luke, Adam/Ben). :lol: I'm sure World Between Worlds could help with that. ;)

Edited by Valonqar

There's been a set leak on Kenobi.  

(no, nothing exciting, if one cares, head over to SW Leaks on reddit)

I swear to gawd, though, my immediate thought as I was watching the Tik-Tok leak was "Someone's getting fired" and damn if that isn't the top comment over there right now, word for word. :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marek the Jedi said:

seems like video is gone :)

*checks*

It's back up at the original source (for now at least), plus all the mirrors all over reddit and Twitter.  If you can't easily track it down, you're not missing much.  Truly. :)

According to SW Leaks today, the leaker apparently did mouth off that they had something much juicer in the pipeline.  After that they apparently locked down their TikTok and applied a bunch of changes, including perhaps deleting/making private other (non-leak) vids.  Original leak is still up, though it might have been down for a while.

Anyway, I suspect even if this person had something more... interesting than the original set leak they probably ain't gonna have an avenue to post it.  And even if they did, we couldn't discuss it here. ;)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Major news in that, BTW:

Okay, so let’s get right to this part. Last year, when casting was really just getting underway for the show, The Illuminerdi reported that it looked like they were going to be casting for both a young Luke and Leia.  I can tell you that Leia is a part of Kenobi in a big way. In fact, from what I’ve heard stuff dealing with Leia is pretty much the impetus for the whole show and what gets Obi-Wan (Ben) into another adventure.

http://www.cinelinx.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Vivien.jpg

Even better, I can tell you that Vivien Lyra Blair (Bird Box, We Can Be Heroes) has been cast in the role!

As for other roles, I’ve heard that we’ll be seeing a few characters who initially appeared in Star Wars Rebels. With the show itself set about 9-10 years before the events of that show, it makes sense that we’ll see plenty of those characters pop up. Which brings me about to actor Sung Kang.

• Like 1