CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

I've been rewatching this trailer just to listen to the score...Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes of course, but also love the use of Anakin's Dark Deeds. And of course the Force theme at the very end, very appropriate since it is after all Obi-Wan's theme originally. I'm excited to hear the theme Williams comes up with for this show. 

• Like 6

At the risk of over-analyzing a trailer, I was struck by the themes being invoked.  Was never gonna be light and frothy, but it's tacking some deeper SW conflicts immediately in the promotion of the series.  It was always gonna be on the more exploring philosophical side, but that they're shooting right out of the gate with it ("the Jedi Code is like an itch, the cannot help it") not to mention the brooding seen throughout tells me that they are definitely trying to set a tone/expectation.

Also sets up why Obi-Wan could get into trouble.  He simply can not help himself when enough innocents are in danger.  Or at least dangerous enough.  And perhaps the right type of innocents.

The one thing I am super curious about, and really always have been, is how they stick the landing in making sure that the Empire/Inquisitors/Vader doesn't know that Obi-Wan is still alive at the end of this and chilling on Tatooine.  I noticed that the trailer was cut in such a that it's not confirmed that Obi-Wan and an Inquisitor face off, though the bit at the 1:23 mark sure looks like it. Don't get me wrong, we all know there will be Jedi/Inquisitor battles, just that they hinted at it here but didn't actually show it.

I won't be terribly surprised if they hint that the Emperor knows/suspects that Kenobi is still alive at the end of this, but doesn't do anything about it coz it immediately suits his long term plans.  But others?  Well, I suppose as long as any real confrontations don't take place on Tatooine, then Obi-Wan escaping at the end will leave things ambiguous enough.  Still gonna be intriguing to see how they leave things while still telling a complete story here that makes this series worthwhile on its own.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

This was Loki. Obi-Wan starts with 138k. 

Now up to 148k, so juuuuuuuust under 150k in an hour.

EDIT:::

Between the time I posted and now, it hit 150k.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Still waiting for them to update the Disney+ page for the show so I can watch the trailer in good quality, why is it taking so long 😭

Gotta get those numbers up on YT before they give it away on D+. 👍

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Boba Fett trailer has 324k likes currently. I wonder how long it will take this to surpass. Seems like it will break 150k in hour 1, I don't think any other SW series trailer has come close to that kind of a start. 

Using the Wayback Machine, Mando Season 2 trailer was at 242K likes after 21 hours

On 9/16/2020 at 11:33 AM, Marek the Jedi said:

not bad for start...

YT official channel: 5.1M views
Twitter: 7.5M views
FB SW: 6.5M
INSTA SW: 2.0M
IGN: 1.3M
others: 2.0M
==================================
together: 24.4M views

This is a little over 27 hours for Mando Season 2 trailer

Below will be a lot of Rise of Skywalker teaser trailer numbers. It was 3 years ago(wtf) so not really apples to apples, but I'm interested to see how it does in comparison

Spoiler

Courtesy of @fabiopazzo2

4 hours

Main channel views:

YT: 3M+ 200K likes

Twitter: 10,6M

Facebook: 5,4M

Instagram: 757K

Courtesy of @ThomasNicole

6 Hours trailer views update:

YouTube: 5M + 247K likes

Twitter: 12.6M

Facebook: 6.6M

Total: 24.2M and still 18 hours to go

Note: this is only on official Star Wars US accounts.

Courtesy of @Marek the Jedi 

8 hours

FB: 8.1 mil

Twitter: 15mil

official YT SW: 6.8mil + 273K likes
Instagram : 1mil

together: 30.9 mil

12 hours

FB: 10 mil

Twitter: 19.8 mil
official YT SW: 9.6mil + 312K likes

Instagram : 1.2mil