CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

2 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

To quote Taika Waititi:

"I'm not an idiot. Who would actually say no to Star Wars?"

Sir Ridley, apparently. 

Yeah, be interesting to see what would happen if his bluff was called, I suppose. Not that it'll even happen, of course. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png 

----

They'd be insane to announce it today, or in fact in the next month plus for that matter.  And McGregor IS a SW fan.

Still...  YiBe40t.png 

wasn't Ewan a special guest elsewhere during TLJ promo blitz and no announcement was made despite expectations? I just don't want to get disappointed again.

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

wasn't Ewan a special guest elsewhere during TLJ promo blitz and no announcement was made despite expectations? I just don't want to get disappointed again.

YiBe40t.png&key=696c0a50ebce936f33d3990a YiBe40t.png&key=696c0a50ebce936f33d3990a YiBe40t.png&key=696c0a50ebce936f33d3990a

(site is getting DDOSed, from traffic BTW :ph34r:)

Still, you're right.  It ain't official until Disney/LFL says it is.

And like I said, they'd be nuts to announce it today, stealing the thunder of Solo.  Maaaaaaybe the first couple of weeks of Solo's run. But that's the earliest I can see it.

Edited by Porthos

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Still can't get over STEPHEN FUCKING DALDRY

same :whosad:

@Porthos You are right. Kenobi would steal solo's thunder. That said, perhaps when we do get the announcement, they'll reveal another director too? :)

Edited by Valonqar

Is it just me, or would a Kenobi movie be huge. Like, Rogue One business? Maybe it’s just all the prequel memes I see online, but Kenobi at this point in time seems like a much more popular character than Han

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

same :whosad:

@Porthos You are right. Kenobi would steal solo's thunder. That said, perhaps when we do get the announcement, they'll reveal another director too? :)

Not a fan of Daldry?  

Probably not a can of worms I want to open, so consider the question a rhetorical one. :lol:

===

Since the site is getting hammered:

In a Fantha Tracks exclusive we can reveal that studio based pre-production has officially begun on an Obi-Wan Kenobi Star Wars movie, and that filming will take place in 2019 for a 2020 release.

The long rumoured movie has never been officially announced, but a director (long rumoured to be Stephen Daldry) and a writing team, are understood to have been working on the movie since late last year.

However, our well placed source has seen sight of documents that confirm the following:

The project is sufficiently along that an art department is now in full pre-production mode at Pinewood Studios, England with ancillary work being carried out at Industrial Light & Magic in London.  A number of concept artists, prop modellers, and storyboard artists are working as a team across the two locations on the film, with the group growing in numbers every month.

Contracts have also been extended to a number of crew who have worked on various Star Wars films produced at Pinewood under the Disney era, to join the production when their work on Episode IX ends.  This will see the Obi-Wan crew grow gradually over the remainder of the year but primarily from October on wards.

Pre-production will continue at Pinewood whilst Episode IX shoots from this summer through the end of the year, at which point production of the Obi-Wan movie has been scheduled to move onto stages in mid January 2019 with the main shoot to begin in April of 2019.

The project is being developed under the corporate name of PLT Productions (UK) Ltd.

The scheduled release date is December 2020.

The documents do not reveal any details on casting, but keep your eyes on Fantha Tracks for more information on the production as we get it and hopefully official word on the production from Lucasfilm.

The news comes fives years to the day that Lucasfilm announced production of Episode VII: The Force Awakens would take place at the same location, Pinewood Studios.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Is it just me, or would a Kenobi movie be huge. Like, Rogue One business? Maybe it’s just all the prequel memes I see online, but Kenobi at this point in time seems like a much more popular character than Han

A VERY loud subsection of fandom has been clamoring for a Yojimbo-style standalone Kenobi film since about five minutes after the idea of standalones were announced.

Probably second only to clamoring for a KOTOR film when it comes to Disney-era films.

Will be a very interesting test case for "giving the fans what they want".

(NOTE:  I realize many people aren't particularly interested in the idea.  But "no one asked for this film" this ain't :lol:)

• Like 5

@Porthos I'm wondering if recent casting rumors for "lead female characters' aren't for IX as believed but for this movie? Also rumored secret casting for IX that goes through a company unassociated with Lucasfilm/Disney? While all or some of those IX rumors could be fake, some could be a confusion with the casting for an unannounced movie, or even being done under IX cover. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

P.S.:  This is Ewan or Bust for me.  

I think there is about a 0.001 percent chance a Kenobi standalone film gets made without Ewan McGregor.

The meltdown that would occur should one get made without McGregor would make the TLJ one look like a nice summer breeze in comparison. :lol:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

DECEMBER 2020.

:hahaha:

I guess Disney's taking back-up offers on that release date.

No one tag youknowwho, BTW.  I want to wait and see how long it takes them to find this post. :ph34r:

(Like I said, I like leaving easter eggs :lol:)

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Not a fan of Daldry?  

Probably not a can of worms I want to open, so consider the question a rhetorical one. :lol:

===

Avatar 2 delayed again or Fox merger isn’t happening at least anytime soon 

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Not a fan of Daldry?  

===

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Disney and Fox are supposed to make decisions with the expectation that the merger won't go through, because it might not.  Doesn't mean that they actually do, though.

So on the face of it, it isn't that huge of a tell.  But is worth noting with a few "YiBe40t.png&key=696c0a50ebce936f33d3990a". I feel. ;)

• Like 1