CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Disney and Fox are supposed to make decisions with the expectation that the merger won't go through, because it might not.  Doesn't mean that they actually do, though.

So on the face of it, it isn't that huge of a tell.  But is worth noting with a few "YiBe40t.png&key=696c0a50ebce936f33d3990a". I feel. ;)

That's probably it. The merger and Solo's box office (if SW still does really well in May) will probably be the deciding factors on which film moves.

Of course, James Cameron could also have a say in what happens.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

That's probably it. The merger and Solo's box office (if SW still does really well in May) will probably be the deciding factors on which film moves.

Of course, James Cameron could also have a say in what happens.... 

James Cameron has been bashing superhero movies for a while now, so I wonder if he is going to have interference with the Disney/Fox merger?

21 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

James Cameron has been bashing superhero movies for a while now, so I wonder if he is going to have interference with the Disney/Fox merger?

No, since he's already worked with Disney on World of Pandora and said they have more in stake.

1 hour ago, Warhorse said:

No. Cameron is not that powerful. His total worth to Fox is petty cash in comparasion with the whole deal.

I think the superhero bashing was just Cameron shooting off his mouth..something he does quite a bit,and does not make him look good, frankly.

Edited by dudalb

For the record, the heavy consensus is the Fox/Disney deal will go through. In any bidding war, Disney has deeper pockets then Comcast. And there is a widespread belief that Comcast is really just trying to make Disney sell them a couple of the television assets involved in the deal.

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

(No Lawrence Kasdan isn't writing another SW film before that rumor starts :ph34r:)

That's no fun.  Start the rumor.

1cf.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

That's no fun.  Start the rumor.

1cf.gif

No can do; he's already categorically stated he's done writing SW. :lol:

Now Ewan McGregor might have been talking SW shop with him, however. That's totally plausible. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

So what are the future spinoffs we are looking at here?

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

Yoda: A Star Wars Story

Fett: A Star Wars Story

Vader: A Star Wars Story

Skywalker: A Star Wars Story

Solo 2: A Star Wars Story

5 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

We got Vader and Skywalker already.

They're called Star Wars Episodes I-VIII

2 minutes ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

We got Vader and Skywalker already.

They're called Star Wars Episodes I-VIII

With Skywalker we're dealing with the misadventures that took place between Episode 6 and Episode 7.

With Vader I would say we could be dealing with what happened between Episode 3 and Episode 4.

Edited by DMan7

For what it's worth, reddit mod Jedi Paxis says he received a verification that the movie is in works:

We've received independent verification that an Obi-Wan film is indeed in the works as reported earlier today by Fantha Tracks.

Our source has unequivocally proven to be right about past leaks, but asked that we vouch for the validity of the information on his/her behalf to maintain an added level of anonymity. No additional details have ben provided at this point in time, just verification that Fantha Tracks' report is accurate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

I don't think there's enough story to do their own standalones that could just be done in a comic or novel (especially with Luke pre Episode 4).

I think there are plenty of stories that can be told for Luke post Episode 6 given he's an old man in Episode 7. They can also do a young Solo between that same time period as well and young Leia. The name "Skywalker" can cover both Luke and Leia. 

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

I wouldn't mind a QuiGon story. Maybe a Mace Windu.....