CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

3 minutes ago, Eric Skywalker said:

It's DanielRPK so probably BS but still...

I mean, there ARE ways to do it.  From having them never meet to flashbacks to even having an encounter off-Tatooine where Vader is convinced that Obi-Wan is dead.

What I don't see are them clashing sabers though.

We'll see though.

Hmmmmm...

Noah and Corey are the ones who broke the story first about The Bad Batch and Noah's current TL is making a bunch of comments about Obi-Wan/Vader possibilities.

I don't think they're exactly confirming this, but they sure seem to be pumping up the possibility.

EDIT:::::

Edited by Porthos

I wonder if this will be when Obi-Wan finds out Anakin is alive. Though it has been 8 years since RoTS, I doubt he’d be in the dark about it for that long. 

Also, I feel like this has to be flashbacks and/or visions of some sort. Why else would they bring back Hayden Christensen? No way they put him in the suit. I mean Vader could still be in it, but I highly doubt that’s what Hayden is doing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I wonder if this will be when Obi-Wan finds out Anakin is alive. Though it has been 8 years since RoTS, I doubt he’d be in the dark about it for that long. 

Also, I feel like this has to be flashbacks and/or visions of some sort. Why else would they bring back Hayden Christensen? No way they put him in the suit. I mean Vader could still be in it, but I highly doubt that’s what Hayden is doing

Hayden was in the suit for parts of RotS, but yeah I doubt he'd be back just for that.

I've seen the dream/vision thing mooted about and it does make some sort of sense.  Vision could help explain the age discrepancy of Haden as well.

As for not knowing Anakin was alive, while he did hear the name "Lord Vader", he might have been intentionally off the grid enough not to hear about the Emperor's new pet enforcer.  He also could hear rumors about a "Darth Vader" and want to confirm it for himself that this IS Anakin and not some pretender out there hijacking the name.

43 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hayden was in the suit for parts of RotS, but yeah I doubt he'd be back just for that.

I've seen the dream/vision thing mooted about and it does make some sort of sense.  Vision could help explain the age discrepancy of Haden as well.

As for not knowing Anakin was alive, while he did hear the name "Lord Vader", he might have been intentionally off the grid enough not to hear about the Emperor's new pet enforcer.  He also could hear rumors about a "Darth Vader" and want to confirm it for himself that this IS Anakin and not some pretender out there hijacking the name.

He was only in the suit for the “Noooooo” scene. But with a role akin to Vader in Rogue One or bigger, I think they’d go with a different guy.

In the Star Wars comics, Obi-Wan stops going to town in 11BBY. The same time the series is set as far as we know. So it kinda implies that he has been going this whole time, which would me wonder how he wouldn’t have heard Vader rumors until then. But I’m really just being nitpicky.

47 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

In the Star Wars comics, Obi-Wan stops going to town in 11BBY. The same time the series is set as far as we know. So it kinda implies that he has been going this whole time, which would me wonder how he wouldn’t have heard Vader rumors until then. But I’m really just being nitpicky.

Handwavey explanation: Tatooine is enough of a backwater not to hear many rumors about the new enforcer running around.

Not credible?  About as credible, I think, as half the Outer Rim wondering aloud whether or not Mandalorians ever really take off their helmets by the time of The Mandalorian. ;)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

I don’t want to get to ahead of myself but would love Naomi Scott to be part of this. Plus she’s already got the Disney relationship playing Jasmine as well as her part in Lemonade Mouth. She was also one of the better parts of that Power Rangers film. 

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 1

66yVBhu.jpg

https://productionlist.com/production/star-wars-kenobi/

via r/StarWarsLeaks

Anyone here had FTIA access to see if this is accurate (or even know about them, as I'm unfamiliar with this group)?  And if it is, how credible it might be?  I.e. this isn't something that any ol random user on the internet could post but is something from the production side of things.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

It's the stuff in Boston that is making me think this might be sketchy, FWIW.  London makes sense.  Why they would be doing work in Boston, less so.  Unless it's COVID-related restrictions on some level or another.

Like I said, I don't know of this group, but I am also woefully ignorant of a lot of things when it comes to the production side of the entertainment biz.

EDIT:::

LRM Online (again, not familiar) is also saying shooting has moved up to Jan:

https://lrmonline.com/news/production-on-star-wars-kenobi-series-pushed-up-barside-buzz/

They are using a "source" plus the bit from FTIA.

So.... Maybe?

Edited by Porthos

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

66yVBhu.jpg

via r/StarWarsLeaks

Anyone here had FTIA access to see if this is accurate (or even know about them, as I'm unfamiliar with this group)?  And if it is, how credible it might be?  I.e. this isn't something that any ol random user on the internet could post but is something from the production side of things.

Actually, got to admit I'm slightly more curious about learning whether or not this is a legit outfit as I like learning new things (even esoteric stuff).

Gonna tag @Plain Old Tele on this.  Is FTIA/productionlist.com a legit source for this sort of thing?  Is it more like IMDB where any ol' rando can put something up?  

Like I said, more curiosity than anything else. :)

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Actually, got to admit I'm slightly more curious about learning whether or not this is a legit outfit as I like learning new things (even esoteric stuff).

Gonna tag @Plain Old Tele on this.  Is FTIA/productionlist.com a legit source for this sort of thing?  Is it more like IMDB where any ol' rando can put something up?  

Like I said, more curiosity than anything else. :)

I’m not very familiar with them but they seem to offer similar services to other companies whom I’ve used before. It seems legit — putting Kate Hazell as UPM for the project might be a guess, but putting UPM personnel like her seems beyond what a fake scooper would do. 

FTIA also lists plenty of un-sexy productions that fans wouldn’t care about. They have employees on LinkedIn, with extensive experience that would hard

to create just for the purposes of fake fan news — in fact, one of them is a 2nd degree connection of me. 

They’re real — Lucasfilm might be seeding fake news, but FTIA seems like a solid industry resource. 

Edited by Plain Old Tele
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

They’re real — Lucasfilm might be seeding fake news, but FTIA seems like a solid industry resource. 

👍 

All I need to know, thanks. :)

===

Kinda weird that they'd be doing stuff in Bah-stan, but maybe they're location shopping because of the 'rona.  I imagine they're pretty nervous about Los Angeles County restrictions even when January rolls around.  Might be other reasons, of course.  You know as well as anyone that The Mouse Moves in Mysterious Ways.

Thanks again, Tele. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 1:49 PM, Porthos said:

66yVBhu.jpg

via r/StarWarsLeaks

• Thanks 1