CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

Well, given that the article is seven months old, I think its too early to yay or nay. But listen mouse house: IF we are really going to get an Obi-Wan trilogy, it should rather be a good one or else... or else you would have to make up with a great Han Solo one. Preferably one that costs you a shitload of money because of the real-as-life digital Harrison Ford avatar you will need to convince me to go out (or roll out) to the cinema.

So Disney just managed to have the biggest grossing film of all time and the fastest selling blockbuster ever thanks to insane Star Wars pent-up demand and anticipation 32 years in the making, and their next move is...to release a Star Wars film every year.

Makes sense.

So it looks like that Obi-Wan movie may be more than just a rumor. 

from the words of Ewan himself, he says he is not allowed to say if he has been in talks about a obi-wan spinoff possible trilogy?

• Like 2

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-film-planned-director-talks-1030505

Stephen Daldry is Star Wars’ new hope.

The Oscar-nominated director behind Billy Elliot and The Hours is in early talks to direct a Star Wars standalone movie centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Hollywood Reporterhas learned. 

Sources say talks are at the earliest of stages and that the project has no script. If a deal makes, Daldry would oversee the development and writing with Lucasfilm brass. It's not known at this stage if Ewan McGregor will reprise his role. 

The Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone is one of several projects being developed by Lucasfilm and Disney that fall outside the trilogies telling the saga of the Skywalker family. A Han Solo movie is now in the final stages of shooting under new director Ron Howard and Lucasfilm is also looking at movies featuring Yoda and bounty hunter Boba Fett, among others.

Not sure if a thread exists. 

The spinoffs are just making the Universe much smaller instead of expanding it out, we have seen Obi Wan as a young man and an old man already, why keep dwelling on him as an even younger jedi? 

I guess the fans might want it? I'm not 100% sure there either. Star Wars has built huge mythology over the past 30 years, but the movies keep going around the same characters and situations and connecting everything thereby making that universe seem tiny.

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The spinoffs are just making the Universe much smaller instead of expanding it out, we have seen Obi Wan as a young man and an old man already, why keep dwelling on him as an even younger jedi? 

I guess the fans might want it? I'm not 100% sure there either. Star Wars has built huge mythology over the past 30 years, but the movies keep going around the same characters and situations and connecting everything thereby making that universe seem tiny.

Because, in Lucasfilm's mind, if they try anything different, the fans will eat them alive like they did with the prequels. If they stay in their safe space, they'll be fine.

Edited by MrGamer2558