CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

Given McGregor's enthusiasm I'd imagine they already talked to him about this and got him onboard, just haven't signed him up on paper given that the script is in very early stages. Setting this before the events of TPM would, well, remind everyone more of TPM, which, who wants that; and require casting a 20-something dude, which could well become a pain in the ass and additionally be kind of a dick move towards McGregor who is already excited and proven and is one of the few things about the prequels that most people like. 

• Like 1

I can't see anyone but McGregor involved, but then the actual time location would be kind of limited. Not familiar with the Rebels era, but I think he's a bit past the Clone Wars era-age (& even then you'd either have to get an Anakin or have everyone asking where he is if you don't).

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Given McGregor's enthusiasm I'd imagine they already talked to him about this and got him onboard, just haven't signed him up on paper given that the script is in very early stages. Setting this before the events of TPM would, well, remind everyone more of TPM, which, who wants that; and require casting a 20-something dude, which could well become a pain in the ass and additionally be kind of a dick move towards McGregor who is already excited and proven and is one of the few things about the prequels that most people like. 

Exactly.  It's not like McGregor is in Ford age territory, yet.  It would be pretty stupid of Lucasfilm/Disney not to use him while it's all still viable.

They can digitally de-age him for some early-life sequences, and do a Highlander-esque story  :D  one that involves a nemesis from his past coming back to haunt him in his present day.